• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Strongest ever beer served up in dead squirrels

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
LONDON — The strongest and most expensive beer ever created sold out within hours Friday, a Scottish brewery said, as they courted controversy by packaging the bottles inside the bodies of stuffed animals.

BrewDog, the self-described maverick brewery, presented the beer -- which contains a record 55 percent alcohol -- inside the bodies of dead squirrels and stoats.
Animal rights activists rushed to condemn the stunt.

"It's pointless and it's very negative to use dead animals when we should be celebrating live animals," Advocates for Animals policy director Libby Anderson told BBC Scotland.

"This seems to be a perverse idea."

Perverse? What's so perverse about it? Are leather shoes perverse? How about baseballs? Me thinks that animal rights activists are going too far here. The beer is being packaged in DEAD squirrels, not live ones. Good idea. Dead squirrels have no rights, not even animal rights. In fact, I wouldn't mind squirreling away a few bottles of Shiner Bock myself. LOL.

Let's show the animal rights activist how we feel about their silly-assed complaining by taking up a collection to purchase a gift for them - Namely a copy of one my favorite books, 101 Uses for a Dead Cat!! :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Last edited:
I'm a proud member of PETA.

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals :D

Though I do think that drinking beer out of dead squirrels sounds really gross.

Last edited:
I would like try beer with that high of a alcohol content.I once tried 11 point beer and you could actually taste the alcohol in the beer.

I'm not even annoyed by the dead squirrel thing, I just don't understand why?? Is there is some cultural reason for serving beer in a squirrel?

Even typing the sentence seems like some weird thing you would watch on the Simpsons.

I'm not even annoyed by the dead squirrel thing, I just don't understand why?? Is there is some cultural reason for serving beer in a squirrel

look at it this way, this from the people that eat haggis and wear skirts in winter, drinking from dead animals seems rather tame.

I would like try beer with that high of a alcohol content.I once tried 11 point beer and you could actually taste the alcohol in the beer.

Me too. Less the dead squirrel aspect part of it though:)

The highest I've tried was Sam Adams Triple Bock, released only in 1994, 1995, and 1997. That was about 17.5% ABV. It tasted more like a port wine than a beer and was definitely better served in a brandy snifter than in a pint glass. ;)

Squirrel is so passe, I'll have a drop of stoat.

ALeqM5irVyVoQZTFjW3-xvYvIR2N3-Z1Mg

I hear Jack Daniels is going to start aging whisky in dead deer and bottling it in raccoons. Jose Cuervo also has plans to sell tequila in armadillos.

Tactical nuclear pengiun is 35% or so and its only like a couple dozen bucks a bottle. But its not served in penguins.

My question is how they got the beer to 55% alcohol?

I had thought that from fermentation the upper limit was in the mid teens

They have this in a 40 yet? I guess that would be a 40 oz squirrel.

When I lived in Germany from 1980 to 84 I made it my mission to attempt to drink as many different biers as I could. I lived across the street from the old Patrizier Brauerei on Schwabacher Strase in Furth Germany. I used to love the smell of the brewery and the bakery down staires from my appartment.

Anyway, one of my favorite Deutsche Brauereis is Kulmbacher. Back when I was living there Kulmbacher brewed a bier called EKU 28 or EKU Acht und Zwanzig Doppelbock. On the back of the bottle it said in several languages "The Strongest Bier in the World" It was in fact 28% alcohol or 56 proof bier. I think Kulmbacher is still brewing this bier.

3798408865_fc1df7dd71.jpg

Last edited:
This has to be the most manliest drink ever created. I am intrigued and want to import.

Back
Top Bottom