• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Strong quake hits off Mexico's Baja California

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

(Reuters) - A powerful magnitude 6.9 quake struck in the Sea of Cortez off Mexico's Baja California on Thursday, rattling towns on both sides of the narrow sea but there were no reports of major damage or injuries.
The quake shook buildings in the tourist resort of La Paz on the Baja California peninsula, famous for its whale watching, as well as along the coast of the state of Sinaloa.

SOURCE: Strong quake hits off Mexico's Baja California | Reuters

Could not have happened in a better place to have no effect on Human life.

I live 24.5 miles from the San Andreas fault and less than 2 miles from the San Jacinto fault and with all the talk about the big one being years over do any quake that is almost 800 miles away is great news. This one was at the half way point between Baja and the Main Land and there is nothing closer than 50 miles where people live.

Could not have happened in a better place to have no effect on Human life.

I live 24.5 miles from the San Andreas fault and less than 2 miles from the San Jacinto fault and with all the talk about the big one being years over do any quake that is almost 800 miles away is great news. This one was at the half way point between Baja and the Main Land and there is nothing closer than 50 miles where people live.

Why in the hell did you move 2 miles from a fault line? :confused:

Well, that's just ducky. I'm so close to a fault line I may as well save an earthquake the hassle and jump off a cliff myself.

a000000.jpg

I guess this proves that Imam wrong... it's little late to have a quake for Boob Quake. :rofl:

'The Big One" has been years over due for decades. Personally I am not holding my breathe of falling into the ocean anytime soon.

'The Big One" has been years over due for decades. Personally I am not holding my breathe of falling into the ocean anytime soon.

The big one will come but the "falling into the ocean" thing is a myth.

Back
Top Bottom