• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Strom Thurmond's son defeated in primary by African American

If conservatives don't care about color at all, why is their a thread pointing out his color?

Because you liberals are always accusing us of racism. :mrgreen:

So we're pointing out an example that we care far more about policy positions than skin color.

So we're pointing out an example that we care far more about policy positions than skin color.

And I'll take a moment to note that you can be a white African American . . .

And I'll take a moment to note that you can be a white African American . . .

True. I know some Boers.

Seriously though, I supported Clarence Thomas and liked Alan Keyes, and so did a lot of other conservatives. We really do get tarred with the racism brush unfairly and far too often, simply because in any gathering of several hundred you can usually find one inbred moron or two if you're looking for them.

Those aren't the signs he was talking about. More like the ones that say "Impeach Owebama and the camel he rode in on." (sic)
or
"Obama - Half-breed muslin" (sic)

"Kumbaya my ass!
Obama - Your massa on his new plantation!"
Those are just the ones I saw.

Exactly.. Will not even get into their monkey signs they think are cute and clever. :(

This is the comment you're defending:

My comment was directed at her, since it was her stupid post that got the ball rolling.

And their point still stands-show a post where Anybody in this thread all teaparty folks are racist. Oh wait you can't.

And their point still stands-show a post where Anybody in this thread all teaparty folks are racist. Oh wait you can't.

Backpedaling from your earlier post, then? Good thinking.

The word "all" isn't necessary when the meaning is clear from what was written. Trying to claim it's absolutism is a nice dodge, but it fails in this case.

Here's a tip: If you don't see me use the word "all," I don't mean "all."

It's kinda weird to have to explain that.

Backpedaling from your earlier post, then? Good thinking.

Nope. My post stands. I think you need to own up you were wrong and leave it at that.

Here's a tip: If you don't see me use the word "all," I don't mean "all."

It's kinda weird to have to explain that.

Yeah and I even made sure to use the word SOME in my post. Go figure gotta try and explain something that even a 5th grader could probably understand. :)

Nope. My post stands. I think you need to own up you were wrong and leave it at that.

If I thought i was wrong, I certainly would. However, I think the meaning of your post was pretty clear, so I don't think I was wrong at all.

Yeah and I even made sure to use the word SOME in my post. Go figure gotta try and explain something that even a 5th grader could probably understand. :)

That's a lie.
Kali said:
Are you living in the U.S.A.? Have you seen some of the Racist signs that Conservatives bring to their Tea Party Events? Get Real Dude!

Care to try again?

Except we're not always accusing you of racism, try again. The right grossly plays up any racism charges so they can play the victim.

This is just ridiculous.

I'd have to assume that all these hysterical attempts to tar the Tea Party as some kind of Stormfront-front is evidence of how much a grassroots smaller-government movement scares the crap out of the Left.

So there might be a racists or two here or there among Tea supporters.... can I say Senator Byrd?? Let him whose party is without racism cast the first stone...

This is just ridiculous.

I'd have to assume that all these hysterical attempts to tar the Tea Party as some kind of Stormfront-front is evidence of how much a grassroots smaller-government movement scares the crap out of the Left.

So there might be a racists or two here or there among Tea supporters.... can I say Senator Byrd?? Let him whose party is without racism cast the first stone...

Or, as I've said many times, the TP is playing the "racist card"

That's a lie.

Care to try again?

The hell it is a lie. What the hell are you talking about here? You can call me a lot of things but I did not lie in this thread so explain yourself.

The hell it is a lie. What the hell are you talking about here? You can call me a lot of things but I did not lie in this thread so explain yourself.

I'm not going to hold your hand. Go back and read the post you just quoted.

Back
Top Bottom