• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Straight from Liberty University's Student Handbook...

None of this stuff is new, we just continue to see it repeated.... white men who lust for power, have been doing this stuff since long before they set foot on American soil, and this has been the habit pattern among the wealthy... who say one things, while they do "anything" and I do mean "ANYTHING".... Power makes fools of men, they think they are superior and they have a delusion that wealthy and power makes them supreme and untouchable.

People can be generally ignorant among those who can't "discern what morality is by the usage of their own minds"...

I see ministers all the time, asking question before they even know whom a person is. "where is your church home' and "who is your pastor" and all such stuff. It tells me right away, they don't understand that the Church is not about the "building".... and a person is not to look to their pastor, but to look to God.... The Bible clearly tells man, put nothing between himself and before God.

they don't go on the street and ask these questions to the homeless.... they ask it of people whom they think can put some money into the Coffers' of "his" ministry. I saw this programming even as a kid, when all the minister's lived in Brick homes while the congregation lived in wood frame houses.... in area that were more rural, and not with the accountments of full line public services that included sidewalks, and street lights and community parks and etc.

I'm not against anyone going to a church for services... but it is a wise thing to know something about the message being given and the understandings of the church clergy. I grew up going to church, our family had continual reference and communication about the principles put forth in the bible.

they shouldn't be shocked that the President of one of the largest couple of private Christian Universities in the US has a President who was sitting in the corner rubbing himself while another man screwed his wife for years?

holy cow. that makes me think even less of that university/the parents/the students/the alumni.

You are free to think how you please.

You are free to think how you please.

yeah, i'm going with the real life thing where parents, students and alumni were shocked that Jerry sat in a corner and rubbed himself while another guy screwed his wife for years.

at least they better be shocked. if that Christian school KNEW what he was doing, as President, there will be hell to pay.

Do as I say, not as I do...

"
Sexuality & Relationships

Sexual relations outside of a biblically ordained marriage between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman are not permissible at Liberty University. In personal relationships, students are encouraged to know and abide by common-sense guidelines to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Activities outside of these standards and guidelines are violations of the Student Honor Code.
"

Does the Bible forbid man from sharing wife with Pool Boy?

yeah, i'm going with the real life thing where parents, students and alumni were shocked that Jerry sat in a corner and rubbed himself while another guy screwed his wife for years.
And that differs from me how?
at least they better be shocked. if that Christian school KNEW what he was doing, as President, there will be hell to pay.

Does the Bible forbid man from sharing wife with Pool Boy?

kind of a gray area.

you can do it (or murder 1,000 children) but if you're saved you go to heaven.

Could someone tell me how people who set standards but sometimes fall short are worse people than those who never set any standards and do whatever they want? i've never understood that.

Then you do not understand your own scriptures.

…How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while there is still a beam in your own eye? You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:4-5

They claim some phony mantle of piety and condemn the world of its sins, all the while secretly engaging in the very behavior they condemn. That, in and of itself, is a sin. When one exploits their position of authority for their own lascivious desires, while counseling others to refrain is a greater sin. And you can tell your pedophile priest I said so the next time you go to confess.

Sometimes fall short? That's what you are running with? Sounds like hes been falling short for quite some time.

So in your mind its better to be a lying hypocrite than just a heathen? Interesting, seeing as to how only one of those two is trying to enforce upon society rules that they themselves have no intention of ever following.

So by your definition, all parents who try to teach their children morality are hypocrites if they aren't perfect themselves. But yes they are more noble than those parents who don't even try. But you're right about only one of the two trying to force their views on society. Only the atheists are trying to impose their views on everybody else, forcing them to pay for abortion, birth control, and forcing bakers and florists to help facilitate gay marriages, forcing kids in schools to get only Marxist indoctrination.

It becomes a matter of hypocrisy. People that take a leadership role a moral community such as a church, that sets standards and hold others accountable take on the responsibility to live lives that are beyond reproach. In order to have credibility in their position, they must be righteous people. Integrity is about what you do when others do see.

Falwell had a position of authority and respect with the Christian community. He was in a position of trust. He was well (too well, actually) compensated for that. The greater the authority and stature, the greater the responsibility for he to live up to those ideals. He took the compensation; but in the end did not even deliver what he expected from others. He violated the trust of his position. People like that deserve the humiliation that comes from the fall from grace. A $10M severance package, however, is too much cushion for fall. Falwell deserves humiliation, especially given he was a complete coward unable to live up to professing his own shortcomings. The man give Christians a bad name, and by extension, he disgrace Christ.
himself.

Let me point out the Liberty University Code of Conduct: https://www.liberty.edu/media/1216/2019 08 19-20 LUO Honor Code (002).pdf

".....Statement on Sexuality and RelationshipsSexual relations outside of a biblically-ordained marriage between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman are not permissible at Liberty University. In personal relationships, students are encouraged to know and abide by common-sense guidelines to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Activities inconsistent with these standards and guidelines are violations of the Online Student Honor Code...."

The President of the University should be at least held accountable to the Code of Conduct he oversees. I was not a big Game of Thrones watcher, but one episode I did see had a naked woman walking through the city stark naked while everyone yelled "shame" and spat upon her. That seems fitting for Falwell.

It seems obvious why Falwell and Trump have become friends. They each think they are above the law that they are in charge to uphold. Falwell is as deplorable a creature as his friend Donald Trump. I'm not sure I see much difference in character.

While personal failure harms his effectiveness, nothing Falwell did makes his university rules any less valid. The left routinely makes laws they exempt themselves from, the ultimate hypocrisy.

While personal failure harms his effectiveness, nothing Falwell did makes his university rules any less valid. The left routinely makes laws they exempt themselves from, the ultimate hypocrisy.

You really don't get this? He had a position of stature and moral authority. He did not live up to his position. He absolutely had to be removed.

Do you realize how much damage he has caused not only the University, but the Christian community as a whole? Non Christians generally believe all Christians are self-righteous hypocrites that don't live what they preach. So, you get this high profile, supposed Christian, who actually delivers on that stereotype. It does not bode well for Christians as a whole, and certainly brings questions to the authenticity of the faith of those that defend this man. How do you bring people to the Lord when you do not live what your preach? His job was to glorify God. Do you actually think he did that?

Falwell, Jr. is a charlatan. A good stoning or burning at the stake might have been the punishment in early times. Now, he gets a $10M severance package.

Now, I don't care about his private life. But, if his public life was to be the head of a major Christian University, his private life had to align with that. That is called integrity. If his private life is inconsistent with that, he can't have that job. Which is now the case.

they shouldn't be shocked that the President of one of the largest couple of private Christian Universities in the US has a President who was sitting in the corner rubbing himself while another man screwed his wife for years?

holy cow. that makes me think even less of that university/the parents/the students/the alumni.

Which is exactly why he had to be removed. He besmirched the reputation of the University AND brought disgrace to Christianity as a faith. I don't think the University rewarding him with a $10M severance package did much to mitigate either disgraces. The University just treated this like a business deal, showing, IMHO, some degree of moral shortcoming on their part.

Last edited:

You typed this and still posted after you read it? Falwell is a fraud and even when caught he accepts no blame and made his wife the fall guy. What a giant POS.

You typed this and still posted after you read it? Falwell is a fraud and even when caught he accepts no blame and made his wife the fall guy. What a giant POS.

there is a second pool boy. he says the first pool boy is holding back a lot of info.

it should be interesting.

You really don't get this? He had a position of stature and moral authority. He did not live up to his position. He absolutely had to be removed.

Do you realize how much damage he has caused not only the University, but the Christian community as a whole? Non Christians generally believe all Christians are self-righteous hypocrites that don't live what they preach. So, you get this high profile, supposed Christian, who actually delivers on that stereotype. It does not bode well for Christians as a whole, and certainly brings questions to the authenticity of the faith of those that defend this man. How do you bring people to the Lord when you do not live what your preach? His job was to glorify God. Do you actually think he did that?

Falwell, Jr. is a charlatan. A good stoning or burning at the stake might have been the punishment in early times. Now, he gets a $10M severance package.

Now, I don't care about his private life. But, if his public life was to be the head of a major Christian University, his private life had to align with that. That is called integrity. If his private life is inconsistent with that, he can't have that job. Which is now the case.

[/B][/I]

Which is exactly why he had to be removed. He besmirched the reputation of the University AND brought disgrace to Christianity as a faith. I don't think the University rewarding him with a $10M severance package did much to mitigate either disgraces. The University just treated this like a business deal, showing, IMHO, some degree of moral shortcoming on their part.

1. Falwell posed in a photo he said was part of a costume party. His wife had an affair with a young man who tried to extort the Falwells. Those are the only things that have been established, What exactly did Falwell do to be removed? If you're preaching Christianity, be very careful about bearing false witness or spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

2. Christianity is not damaged. It can't be damaged. Christianity is the perfect word of Jesus. Fallible humans are incapable of diminishing Christianity.

there is a second pool boy. he says the first pool boy is holding back a lot of info.

So you believe young men trying extort money from people?

So you believe young men trying extort money from people?

Lol...that is a lie being told by the guy who passed his wife around from guy to guy.

1. Falwell posed in a photo he said was part of a costume party. His wife had an affair with a young man who tried to extort the Falwells. Those are the only things that have been established, What exactly did Falwell do to be removed? If you're preaching Christianity, be very careful about bearing false witness or spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

2. Christianity is not damaged. It can't be damaged. Christianity is the perfect word of Jesus. Fallible humans are incapable of diminishing Christianity.

:lamo

Guess who said:
I barely know who she is, I'm not sure I ever met her...?

EgM3HMNX0A0iqgl.jpg

anonymous said:
It is small, like a mushroom, wasn't much fun to watch.

anonymous said:
Wasn't much fun watching, be glad you only had to watch :roll:

Yet people still are blinded by these assholes.

Yet people still are blinded by these assholes.

Apparently sending your wife off to suck random dicks is OK as long as you say the right things about abortion and stuff. :shrug:

Apparently sending your wife off to suck random dicks is OK as long as you say the right things about abortion and stuff. :shrug:

i would love to hear actual conversations between current students or alumni. wonder what they're saying?

Back
Top Bottom