• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Storm Chasers on the Discovery Channel

Coronado

Voluntary Resignation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Does anyone watch this show?

I'm posting this thread so that some of you who don't watch it might tune in next Wednesday if possible. The title of the show is "Dedication", and it is dedicated to chaser Matt Hughes. It's kind of a special show for me, as I went to high school with Matt and Brandon Ivey. Matt took his own life on May 26, but they're just now getting to that point in the show. He left a wife and two young sons. It's been really surreal to watch the show this season with him in it.

Anyway, please give it a look next Wednesday night if you can.

Do you get Discovery Channel programs in South Africa?

I live in Canada bro.

And yes I do, but I've been really busy the last couple of months. Haven't been able to watch the tube very much. If you reccomend it I'll check out Storm Chasers and report back to you.

I live in Canada bro.

And yes I do, but I've been really busy the last couple of months. Haven't been able to watch the tube very much. If you reccomend it I'll check out Storm Chasers and report back to you.
It's kind of a neat program to watch if you're into that kind of thing. My dad does amateur radio and also volunteers as a storm spotter for NOAA when there's bad weather going on back home. I went with him on several excursions and have seen tornadoes and their damage up close and personal. Let me tell you, a tornado is pretty ****ing scary up close!

It's kind of a neat program to watch if you're into that kind of thing. My dad does amateur radio and also volunteers as a storm spotter for NOAA when there's bad weather going on back home. I went with him on several excursions and have seen tornadoes and their damage up close and personal. Let me tell you, a tornado is pretty ****ing scary up close!

But there amazingly beautiful too.

WOW and that guy seemed like he a lot going for him too. Sorry about that.
Yeah, he was coming on pretty strong on the Storm Chasers cast and he also had a couple of different weather-related side projects that were picking up speed as well.

Nobody really knows what goes on inside a person's head that decides to end his own life, though. :shrug:

But there amazingly beautiful too.
Definitely. Beautiful, scary, awe-inspiring, sobering ...

This is footage from a storm back in 1991. It still gives me chills watching this.

Trailer for tonight's show:

Back
Top Bottom