• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Store owner hit over head with bat while trying to protect his store.

I love it when they riot before the investigation even starts.
The guy has a long history of criminal behavior including firearm charges.
At least you can wait to pick out your Nike shoes until there is a confirmation of wrongdoing.

That you apparently missed.

He wasnt saying peaceful protesters dont exist in these situations. He was saying that not everyone there is doing illegal ****.

The key is being able to recognize THAT difference.

just possibly, the point you missed:
If the peaceful join in the actions of the violent those folk are no longer peaceful; they are part and parcel of the violence by making themselves indistinguishable from that violence.

The violence is getting out of hand. Running down protesters, shooting people, arson, assault, etc. And it only seems that we keep trying to escalate the violence on both sides. It needs to end, the only way we can address the issues at hand is if we calm down and sit down, listen to each other, and push for the necessary changes to make the Republic a better place.

How come you only mention violence toward protesters as a problem but not violence from protesters? Has any protester done anything wrong ever in your mind?

I agree. The vast majority of people in the streets during the protests are peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional rights.

A tiny fraction of these people are violent rioters and looters all of whom need to be arrested and held accountable for their actions so that the protesters can continue safely exercising their constitutional right to protest police brutality.

I very much agree. I do wonder why the peaceful protesters have allowed themselves to be used as pawns for violence. Unless, many have become caught up in the situation and lost sight of the ideal of peaceful protest. If the protesters do not physically separate from the violence they cannot be singularly discerned.

Windage is always a factor.

How come you only mention violence toward protesters as a problem but not violence from protesters? Has any protester done anything wrong ever in your mind?

I said the violence on both sides, if you'd care to read what I wrote.

I very much agree. I do wonder why the peaceful protesters have allowed themselves to be used as pawns for violence. Unless, many have become caught up in the situation and lost sight of the ideal of peaceful protest. If the protesters do not physically separate from the violence they cannot be singularly discerned.

They do physically separate. Rioters and looters just follow them because protests provide cover for criminal activity.

just possibly, the point you missed:
If the peaceful join in the actions of the violent those folk are no longer peaceful; they are part and parcel of the violence by making themselves indistinguishable from that violence.

So the vast majority of the protesters ARENT doing illegal acts, and you want to paint them ALL with the worst among them.

Taking your statement at face value, there is nobody who is peacefully protesting. That simply isnt true.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (Reuters) - A Virginia state judge on Monday sentenced a self-professed neo-Nazi to a second life prison term for killing a demonstrator when he drove his car into a crowd protesting against white supremacists in Charlottesville two years ago. Charlottesville Circuit Court Judge Richard Moore sentenced James Fields, 22, to life plus 419 years, as recommended by the jury that found him guilty last December of murder plus eight counts of malicious wounding and a hit-and-run offense. “Mr. Fields, you deserve the sentence the jury gave. What you did was an act of terror,” Moore said.

[cont].

Neo-Nazi gets second life sentence in murder of protester in Virginia - Reuters

He sure taught people not to interfere with "peaceful protests" designed to "unite the right".

:roll:

Always with the stupid and dishonest attacks on your perceived tribal enemies. Thread after thread, post after post. It's just "I hate librul!" from you.

That's great. Now wake us up when any of the rioters in Kenosha are sentenced for their arsons and other crimes. Hell, I'll even get out of bed for the arraignments.

I said the violence on both sides, if you'd care to read what I wrote.

But the only actual example you offered as a bad thing was “running down protesters”. How about assaulting store owners with bats? Any issue with that? How about assaults on counter protesters by protesters? You’re very quick tell people not to condone violence toward protesters but seem totally fine with condoning violence toward non protesters.

Who has trouble condemning riots and violence?

leftist on here 100% have an issue in condemning it in fact they defend it and some openly promote it.

But the only actual example you offered as a bad thing was “running down protesters”. How about assaulting store owners with bats? Any issue with that? How about assaults on counter protesters by protesters? You’re very quick tell people not to condone violence toward protesters but seem fine with condoning violence toward non protesters.

So you don't want to read what I wrote. That's your problem, not mine.

They do physically separate. Rioters and looters just follow them because protests provide cover for criminal activity.

Reasonable thought, You may be correct there; it is as likely as anything.
The protesters must find the answer of a different approach and method; In doing so, they would be doing themselves, their cause, and the entire country a great service.

So you don't want to read what I wrote. That's your problem, not mine.

Is it ok to condone violence toward non protesters? Seems like it should be such an obvious answer but it isn’t, is it and I know why.

leftist on here 100% have an issue in condemning it in fact they defend it and some openly promote it.

Most don't. I can find rightists who defend white supremacy, but I don't paint all right leaning people on these forums with that brush.

Is it ok to condone violence toward non protesters? Seems like it should be such an obvious answer but it isn’t, is it and I know why.

Do you? Well if you read what I wrote, you'd see I clearly was condemning the violence on both sides. But you won't read it, you just want to push your narrative, and I know why.

I love it when they riot before the investigation even starts.
The guy has a long history of criminal behavior including firearm charges.
At least you can wait to pick out your Nike shoes until there is a confirmation of wrongdoing.

They protested when a black officer killed a guy that shot at officer first and the same people supported that protest, not the officers right to defend himself.

Reasonable thought, You may be correct there; it is as likely as anything.
The protesters must find the answer of a different approach and method; In doing so, they would be doing themselves, their cause, and the entire country a great service.

"Protesters" are not a monolithic group. There are as many motives for protesting as there are protesters, and they come from all backgrounds, demographics, and yes, political leanings. It is not up to "them" to figure out how to prevent rioting and looting because "they" are not a singular entity with a singular motive.

But the only actual example you offered as a bad thing was “running down protesters”. How about assaulting store owners with bats? Any issue with that? How about assaults on counter protesters by protesters? You’re very quick tell people not to condone violence toward protesters but seem totally fine with condoning violence toward non protesters.

blah blah blah everyone who protests the murder of civilians by police is an evil bloodthirsty liberal blah blah blah

Ok, you proved it once and for all. I'm also clearly an evil bloodthirsty liberal because I don't come running at your Lordship's command to condemn every last thing you say a liberal did. You proved it. You can rest now.

Do you? Well if you read what I wrote, you'd see I clearly was condemning the violence on both sides. But you won't read it, you just want to push your narrative, and I know why.

I read it. When something happens against a protester, you have zero problem condemning it, the guy who did it and anyone who could arguably be associated with it, but when it comes from the side you’re sympathetic to you make the usual tepid comments about “both sides”. I won’t continue this but it would be nice if you could acknowledge the problem that this is without bringing up other things as a deflection.

So the vast majority of the protesters ARENT doing illegal acts, and you want to paint them ALL with the worst among them.

Taking your statement at face value, there is nobody who is peacefully protesting. That simply isnt true.

Aww, for cripes sake... That's not the context of what was said.
Man becomes that with which he surrounds himself, in time within his own mind, and always
externally viewed.
Those who are peaceful must separate from those doing violence to be distinguishable from that violence or they are part of that violence.
As an experiment, watch any/all the myriad of videos; then You distinguish the peaceful persons..
Mob Violence is a contagious malignancy; one should be compelled to avoid contagious contact.

Windage is always a factor

Last edited:
I read it. When something happens against a protester, you have zero problem condemning it, the guy who did it and anyone who could arguably be associated with it, but when it comes from the side you’re sympathetic to you make the usual tepid comments about “both sides”. I won’t continue this but it would be nice if you could acknowledge the problem that this is without bringing up other things as a deflection.

I did acknowledge the problem, there has been too much violence and we cannot proceed forward with it.

I did acknowledge the problem, there has been too much violence and we cannot proceed forward with it.

What are your thoughts on this very specific act of violence that this thread is about?

"Protesters" are not a monolithic group. There are as many motives for protesting as there are protesters, and they come from all backgrounds, demographics, and yes, political leanings. It is not up to "them" to figure out how to prevent rioting and looting because "they" are not a singular entity with a singular motive.

You're correct; and may go along with the thought that peaceful protesters as individuals assure a separation between themselves and the violent mob.
Hardly an easy task since, as you say, the mob appears to be following the protesters; using them as an excuse for violence.

Congratulations on proving exactly what I said to start.

I in no way excused the violence, and even said it should be dealt with....harshly.

You are apparently one who cant separate one thing from the other.

No justice, no peace. Right?

Back
Top Bottom