• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stop with these sob stories

TheRepublican

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
First of all, if we have to hear about the families who cannot get money because trump as a president shutdown the government. My advice is fund the government and, let’s talk because these people won’t get their own way.

Trump assured me that the Democrats are to blame for the shutdown.

He isn't wrong, though he has his own hand in it as well. This shut down is just as much their doing as it is his and them playing at being innocent is ruffling more than a few feathers.

The way CNN is highlighting these despondent government workers you'd think CNN anchors & pundits themselves were not
getting paid until the shutdown is over. The average federal worker costs the government (aka taxpayers) $119,934.Dec 21, 2015,
seems to me that's almost twice the salary of the average worker not in government, what a racket yet the MSM suggests they live from
one paycheck to the next. What propaganda!

After the shutdown is over Trump ought to trim every branch in the federal system by 10%. Get rid of some un needed dead weight.

First of all, if we have to hear about the families who cannot get money because trump as a president shutdown the government. My advice is fund the government and, let’s talk because these people won’t get their own way.

The shut down is on the shoulders of 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs. He even acknowledged it before backtracking after watching faux and friends. Great deal maker, LOL! Narcissist scumbag and the evangelicals love him. You can't make this **** up.

The way CNN is highlighting these despondent government workers you'd think CNN anchors & pundits themselves were not
getting paid until the shutdown is over. The average federal worker costs the government (aka taxpayers) $119,934.Dec 21, 2015,
seems to me that's almost twice the salary of the average worker not in government, what a racket yet the MSM suggests they live from

After the shutdown is over Trump ought to trim every branch in the federal system by 10%. Get rid of some un needed dead weight.

Donald should start with the Oval Office.

Oh you poor poor put upon little precious one, all this talk about "people wanting to get their own way" is upsetting you.
My heart pumps little peanut butter balls for you, crunchy style!

While roughly 800,000 government employees have already begun missing paychecks because of the shutdown and likely won’t see back pay until after it’s resolved, another subset of workers isn’t going to be paid at all.

So, we're not JUST talking about 800 thousand federal workers, we're also talking about another couple of million people whose jobs depend upon contracts WITH the government, people like janitors, security guards, and cafeteria servers, even people in IT, project management and research, and we haven't even begun to talk about vulnerable disabled, elderly, homeless children, or Coast Guard personnel.

This is a right wing shutdown, a rolling coup d'etat attempt.
Programs designed to help the vulnerable are gutted, while institutions designed to serve the rich and powerful remain unscathed. It's a heavily choreographed and advance planned deliberate starvation of the liberal side of government by the GOP.

But you'll change your tune, the first time you have a meal of foods that weren't adequately inspected, and you wind up with a food borne illness, or when you wind up missing one or more flights because you couldn't get through security in time, or because your tax return money was delayed, or because a disease epidemic starts plaguing the countryside, and even your safe little community.

Last but not least, Trump and McConnell's recent actions have proven that it's not about the wall and never was.
It's Trump's attempt to frighten House Democrats and to squash their effectiveness and therefore, if we reward Trump the Hostage Taker, he's going to respond with bigger and more expensive hostages from now on.

So no. No way. NO. WAY. IN. HELL.

He admitted that he was responsible for it until he found out that it was really going to happen because he had no leverage, and then he claimed that the Democrats were responsible for it, because Trump's ghostwriter published a book about him being a master negotiator in between bankruptcies.

Where did you get that figure?

Also, in general, government jobs (local, state and Fed) tend to pay less, but have good benefits, and usually good job stability.

Of course, with unions being attacked by Republicans for decades, it has taken a toll on the wages for blue collar jobs. (thanks Reagan)

I think I found the "propaganda"...

"The average federal worker costs the government (aka taxpayers) $119,934."

Most janitors, security guards, and cafeteria servers, even people in IT, project management and research don't make 119 large a year, and TSA employees certainly don't. Coast Guard doesn't pay that for rank and file.
You're talking about GS-Supergrade, now known as GS-Senior Executive Service level personnel.

And by the way, millions of those "average worker(s) not in government" have a racket known as "contracting with the government through the private sector", but if I asked you to give even one example of such a private sector job, you couldn't come up with bupkus.

Here's a hint: Cybersecurity firms are an example of essential government contracting which is right now in the dark and offline thanks to the shutdown. Yeah, some racket, keeping our data infrastructure safe from hostile adversaries.

You just love to hear yourself talk, the existence of actual facts is irrelevant to you, just as it is to any right wing crackpot.

Nothing better defines right wing malcontents than boasting about government shutdowns.
When these people talk about government being broken, they're not complaining, they're boasting, because it's not a bug, it's a feature.

They whine and cry about government being corrupt and incompetent all while bending over backwards to control it so that they can play a part in making it even more so, thus proving it to themselves.

Break the plow, blame the farmer.

He isn't wrong, though he has his own hand in it as well. This shut down is just as much their doing as it is his and them playing at being innocent is ruffling more than a few feathers.

So, if a man holds your kid as hostage for $10k, calls you to tell you this and he's got the kid and a gun, and you are saying you are now equally responsible?

Let's get something straight, here.

The senate had a CR to fund the gov with 1.3 billion for border security goodies, and the Prez agreed to sign it, and proof of that fact is that McConnell took the bill to the floor for a vote, and he wouldn't have done that had Trump said he wasn't going to sign it.

The vote was 100-0. There's enough for an override, if need be, anyway, but that being said, Trump was going to sign it, until a couple of ultra right wing loud mouths started shouting. Trump, proving to God and the whole world he is a weak man, caved to Coulter's and Limbaugh's whinings, and decided not to sign it unless he got $5.7 billion for a wall.

IN other words, without consent, going against his word, he did not fund the goverment in order to get his way.

Not only this, he said on TV, over 22 times, that HE was going to shut down the government, he told this to Schumer, Pelosi, you, me, and everyone witnessed it.

This idea that Dems are equally responsible for this shut down is bogus, and if the above doesn't hit you on the head, this is the clencher:

Pelosi will not reward a hostage taker. To do so would mean he would do it every time he didn't get his way, and in the age of 30 day CRs, he's do it again, and again, and again, and this will become the new norm.

Trump is still wondering why he can't get a deal. That's the wrong order of things. Open the government, first, and then ask the question.

NO negotiations can take place, no matter what they are, without opening the government, first.

The shut down is on the shoulders of 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs. He even acknowledged it before backtracking after watching faux and friends. Great deal maker, LOL! Narcissist scumbag and the evangelicals love him. You can't make this **** up.

Apparently you did, so there is that at the very least.

So, if a man holds your kid as hostage for $10k, calls you to tell you this and he's got the kid and a gun, and you are saying you are now equally responsible?

The senate had a CR to fund the gov with 1.3 billion for border security goodies, and the Prez agreed to sign it, and proof of that fact is that McConnell took the bill to the floor for a vote, and he wouldn't have done that had Trump said he wasn't going to sign it.

The vote was 100-0. There's enough for an override, if need be, anyway, but that being said, Trump was going to sign it, until a couple of ultra right wing loud mouths started shouting. Trump, proving to God and the whole world he is a weak man, caved to Coulter's and Limbaugh's whinings, and decided not to sign it unless he got $5.7 billion for a wall.

IN other words, without consent, going against his word, he did not fund the goverment in order to get his way.

Not only this, he said on TV, over 22 times, that HE was going to shut down the government, he told this to Schumer, Pelosi, you, me, and everyone witnessed it.

This idea that Dems are equally responsible for this shut down is bogus, and if the above doesn't hit you on the head, this is the clencher:

Pelosi will not reward a hostage taker. To do so would mean he would do it every time he didn't get his way, and in the age of 30 day CRs, he's do it again, and again, and again, and this will become the new norm.

Trump is still wondering why he can't get a deal. That's the wrong order of things. Open the government, first, and then ask the question.

NO negotiations can take place, no matter what they are, without opening the government, first.
Its the responsibility of congress to pass a budget that the president will sign or has a veto override in the senate. That's a function of how our system of government works. So if the President isn't willing to sign a budget that doesn't make him a hostage taker. You ability to understand government or plainly common sense is so small I don't know why I am responding to you at all.

Vaguely straw mannish, but okay.
Given the way the democrats have been acting all this time. Are you really going to just sit there and act this blind?

No matter what you say, you know that he isn't entirely responsible for this. It was stupid of the democrats to call his bluff in the first place given what kind of person he is in the first place.

I'm just glad Trump hasn't subverted his own government to get his way yet.

Its the responsibility of congress to pass a budget that the president will sign or has a veto override in the senate. That's a function of how our system of government works. So if the President isn't willing to sign a budget that doesn't make him a hostage taker. You ability to understand government or plainly common sense is so small I don't know why I am responding to you at all.

No, it is not the responsibility of Congress to act as a personal rubber stamp, only kneeling in abject fealty to the whims and tantrums of the Executive Branch. Congress is supposed to be independent.

I know why you're responding, you're desperately hoping that your smug baloney will cook up without exploding in your face.
You have failed to even respond to three separate facts, plus twenty-two admissions of responsibility, because in your mind, Trump is your "drug" and nothing can replace him.

You're addicted to the euphoria of sticking it to a group of people who scare the crap out of you.
It will backfire.

No, it is not the responsibility of Congress to act as a personal rubber stamp, only kneeling in abject fealty to the whims and tantrums of the Executive Branch. Congress is supposed to be independent.

I know why you're responding, you're desperately hoping that your smug baloney will cook up without exploding in your face.
You have failed to even respond to three separate facts, plus twenty-two admissions of responsibility, because in your mind, Trump is your "drug" and nothing can replace him.

You're addicted to the euphoria of sticking it to a group of people who scare the crap out of you.
It will backfire.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Great one. Now quote something from Kindergarten Cop.

I suppose President Trump could just give Nancy Pelosi a rubber stamp with his signature and go on a 2 year vacation. That is what you're suggesting, right? Just give the Democrats 100% of everything they want and then no one who works for the government will complain. No one else really matters but them anyway - other than everyone who isn't a citizen who are certainly more important than any American.

Oh you poor poor put upon little precious one, all this talk about "people wanting to get their own way" is upsetting you.
My heart pumps little peanut butter balls for you, crunchy style!

While roughly 800,000 government employees have already begun missing paychecks because of the shutdown and likely won’t see back pay until after it’s resolved, another subset of workers isn’t going to be paid at all.

So, we're not JUST talking about 800 thousand federal workers, we're also talking about another couple of million people whose jobs depend upon contracts WITH the government, people like janitors, security guards, and cafeteria servers, even people in IT, project management and research, and we haven't even begun to talk about vulnerable disabled, elderly, homeless children, or Coast Guard personnel.

This is a right wing shutdown, a rolling coup d'etat attempt.
Programs designed to help the vulnerable are gutted, while institutions designed to serve the rich and powerful remain unscathed. It's a heavily choreographed and advance planned deliberate starvation of the liberal side of government by the GOP.

But you'll change your tune, the first time you have a meal of foods that weren't adequately inspected, and you wind up with a food borne illness, or when you wind up missing one or more flights because you couldn't get through security in time, or because your tax return money was delayed, or because a disease epidemic starts plaguing the countryside, and even your safe little community.

Last but not least, Trump and McConnell's recent actions have proven that it's not about the wall and never was.
It's Trump's attempt to frighten House Democrats and to squash their effectiveness and therefore, if we reward Trump the Hostage Taker, he's going to respond with bigger and more expensive hostages from now on.

So no. No way. NO. WAY. IN. HELL.

OMG!!! "a disease epidemic starts plaguing the countryside!!!" You forgot that NASA might miss an asteroid coming in resulting in earth being totally obliterated. :lamo

It seems like pure evil how many Democrats seem to really want people to suffer and die because of the shutdown, having a contest of who can more happily envision the worst possible levels of death and suffering.

Yes Just because the Dems keep their word and Trump doesn't is no reason to blame Trump. The Dems promised Trump before the shutdown that they would not negotiate until the govt. opened. They are keeping their word. In Dec.Trump promised McConnell that he would sign the bill he passed to keep the govt. open. Trump lied.

I guarantee that the coast guard stops more illegal drugs from entering this country than any waste of money wall, as well as saving more lives than any off those imaginary killers flooding in will ever take.

The moron in the Whitehouse has chosen not to pay them for their service unless he gets his ineffective wall.

If I were in the coast guard I would hold all the drugs and weapons I confiscated until I got my ****ing paycheck...

Trump is the biggest 'un needed dead weight' in the federal government.

But, but, but, he assured me he had the mantle and won't blame democrats for the shutdown...what do I believe?

If I were a thinking person I would say...roll the tape.

Back
Top Bottom