• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stop the #ButClinton nonsense

Cisero

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
:ranton:

I'm sick and tired of these damn numb-nut & mentally-fragile pseudo-debaters who can NOT discuss anything related to the President without bringing up Hillary Rotten-Ham Clinton. This purposeful thread derail is a stupid ruse meant to avoid analyzing or criticizing anything Trump does. It's dishonest, it's shameful, it does nothing other than change the subject and makes you look like a hypocritical muttonhead.

If Trump does X and you claim "b...b...b...but Hillary also did X" that doesn't tell us if X is a good or bad thing. My mother told me this years ago and I thought it was common knowledge, but circumstances have shown that this has to be said :

JUST BECAUSE SHE DID IT, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S OK

I don't care if Obama supporters were doing the same thing. I don't care if they were constantly saying "But Bush...". If you thought it was annoying during the Obama era, then don't do it yourself. Otherwise you're just a damn hypocrite.

Newsflash : The election is over. Hillary lost. Your boy Trump won. We no longer have to chose between HRC and DJT. Can we please, for the love of all that is holy on this earth, focus on what the president of the United States is doing and can we please stop talking about the Kooky Decrepit Blonde Bobblehead ?

I implore you, I beg you.

MAKE. IT. STOP

:rantoff:

I'm sick and tired of these damn numb-nut & mentally-fragile pseudo-debaters who can NOT discuss anything related to the President without bringing up Hillary Rotten-Ham Clinton. This purposeful thread derail is a stupid ruse meant to avoid analyzing or criticizing anything Trump does. It's dishonest, it's shameful, it does nothing other than change the subject and makes you look like a hypocritical muttonhead.

If Trump does X and you claim "b...b...b...but Hillary also did X" that doesn't tell us if X is a good or bad thing. My mother told me this years ago and I thought it was common knowledge, but circumstances have shown that this has to be said :

I don't care if Obama supporters were doing the same thing. I don't care if they were constantly saying "But Bush...". If you thought it was annoying during the Obama era, then don't do it yourself. Otherwise you're just a damn hypocrite.

Newsflash : The election is over. Hillary lost. Your boy Trump won. We no longer have to chose between HRC and DJT. Can we please, for the love of all that is holy on this earth, focus on what the president of the United States is doing and can we please stop talking about the Kooky Decrepit Blonde Bobblehead ?

MAKE. IT. STOP

Without trump hillary would have been elected instead

So all the liberal complaints about trump must be taken in the context of what would have happened if he were not president

So all the liberal complaints about trump must be taken in the context of what would have happened if he were not president

WHY ?

That doesn't make any sense. All liberal complaints of what is currently happening have to be related to a scenario in which Hillary would've won ? You can't change the past (unless you own a DeLorean). So why answer complaints about what is really happening with hypothetical theories based on passed events ? That's completely absurd Mac.

We actually have no idea what would have happened if he were not president. :shrug:

So it's not a valid comparison. We have to deal with what we have - the buck stops here, no?

Two quick responses:

1. I make it a habit to read a little of what Fox News has to say each day, including glancing at their headlines. They've had a lot of stories focusing on Hillary recently, and from what I've seen of other conservative news organizations, quite a few are following suit. Analyze that how you will; seems kinda creepy to me.

2. I don't think Obama supporters did this as much as Trump supporters have been doing lately. When Bush was brought up, it was usually to point out what a mess he created, and the enormity of the hole we had to dig ourselves out of because of it. I think we should be careful not to mistake that kind of thing for the deflection at which this thread is rightfully pointed. I'm not saying Obama supporters were never guilty of this kind of "argument," but I don't think they did it nearly as often, or as much, as Trump supporters seem to do.

We actually have no idea what would have happened if he were not president. :shrug:

So it's not a valid comparison. We have to deal with what we have - the buck stops here, no?

The current Administration is distancing itself from all unpleasant situations. Where is Harry S Truman's desk plaque? "The Buck Went That-a-way!"

Two quick responses:

1. I make it a habit to read a little of what Fox News has to say each day, including glancing at their headlines. They've had a lot of stories focusing on Hillary recently, and from what I've seen of other conservative news organizations, quite a few are following suit. Analyze that how you will; seems kinda creepy to me.

2. I don't think Obama supporters did this as much as Trump supporters have been doing lately. When Bush was brought up, it was usually to point out what a mess he created, and the enormity of the hole we had to dig ourselves out of because of it. I think we should be careful not to mistake that kind of thing for the deflection at which this thread is rightfully pointed. I'm not saying Obama supporters were never guilty of this kind of "argument," but I don't think they did it nearly as often, or as much, as Trump supporters seem to do.

You are right, Obama supporters didn't do it that much. Out of all the groupies over the past 10 years the top groupies for me are Obama supporters, Ron Paul supporters, and then Trump supporters. I think the Trump supporters take it up a notch especially a few people here who seem to defend Trump no matter what he does. There is no comparison to Clinton anymore. Give it a rest.

Because they cannot actually defend Trump. They have to deflect, they have to point fingers. This is the face of Hyperpartisan-America. We cannot look at the actions of our own side and say "that is good" or "that is bad", it's always "well the otherside is worse!".

It's a meaningless deflection particularly since both sides are marching in the same direction. But the partisans don't care, cannot care. They have to point the finger because they cannot say anything positive about their side and defend it with honest debate.

No more Clinton? Sniff. Oh, so now that we're finally admitting she lost, we're not allowed to talk about her anymore? She won the popular vote, ya know. The EC is crap. The Russians helped Trump. He worked with them, sticking pins in Hillary dolls and stuff like that - and we're not allowed to talk about it? I dunno. I think I want to talk about Hillary a little more.

If she did the same thing and got away with it then why shouldn't people bring her up when people are talking about prosecuting/impeaching Trump for it? Why should Trump be prosecuted/impeached for something Hillary got away with?

nope, not true at all. trump is a sleaze bag clinton or no clinton

If she did the same thing and got away with it then why shouldn't people bring her up when people are talking about prosecuting/impeaching Trump for it? Why should Trump be prosecuted/impeached for something Hillary got away with?

Exactly.

Hillary is brought up to show the hypocrisy of the left.

If they were fine with Hillary doing something, why do they have a problem with Trump doing something similar?

MAKE. IT. STOP

Right you are, ignored you will be...but for the record:

hear hear.jpg

MAKE. IT. STOP

Two other members made the same point that I was going to make, but I'm going to make mine anyway.

The reason I mention Clinton:

To point out Mainstream Media hypocrisy. As far as I know, only ONE (1) media outlet ever mentioned Clinton's collusion with a foreign country to engineer the defeat of Trump...Politico. Their story was detailed and in-depth and even revealed the money involved with payments to the Clinton Foundation. The rest of the Mainstream Media? Crickets. And that's just ONE of her actions. Heck, the media did their best to minimize any damage from those WikiLeak emails.

But, when one media outlet presents some rumor from an unnamed source about Trump...all hell breaks loose. The world is ready to convict, impeach, imprison...and even execute Trump, his family, anyone associated with him and anyone who has ever supported him. And they don't even have a shred of evidence. Only spin, speculation, innuendo and lies.

The hypocrisy and the hyperbole from the Mainstream Media, their talking heads, the NeverTrumpers...and all of their useful idiots is breathtaking.

While I'm at it, I'll add in the hypocrisy of the Mainstream Media regarding their coverage of the Obama administration, compared to the Trump administration. Obama had a boatload of scandals. Media coverage was tepid, at best. Trump doesn't even HAVE a scandal...but the Mainstream Media is trying their best to create one...while they pretty much ignore what's coming down the pike towards Obama.

Exactly.

If they were fine with Hillary doing something, why do they have a problem with Trump doing something similar?

On the flip side, Trump is brought up to show the hypocrisy of the right.

If they weren't fine with Hillary doing something, why don't they have a problem with Trump doing something similar?

It's just a big circle that won't be broken anytime soon.

Two quick responses:

#1: They focus on Hillary as they can't logically support what Trump does and says.

#2: Bush started a war that resulted in thousands of dead American soldiers, and tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, as well as an Iraq now dominated by Iran. Whatever else he may have accomplished is eclipsed by that fact. Obama had to deal with the results of that war, and now Trump has to deal with the results of that war. Trump supporters can't blame Bush, as he was a fellow Republican, so they have to blame Obama.

The buck stops, where again?

MAKE. IT. STOP

Sometimes it's apt, not always but sometimes.

Hillary is a former first lady, former US senator, 2 time presidential candidate (1 time party nominee), former SOS and wields a lot of influence within the world and democrat circles.
If there is something Trump does/did, that Hillary also does/did, it's fair to ask why people are holding a double standard towards Trump.

Exactly.

What is it she did as presid... oh, right. She was never elected.

Hillary wouldn't have stood a chance against those other Reprobates who wouldn't have stood any chance of doing any better than Bush.

Hillary would have done great, she's dirty enough and has good teeth. Speculatively you could imagine how her stains might reflect into the world as President, but only if you really want to go there. I knew this already, but didn't know how Trump would be, so the Russian interference made me doubt what I wanted to see.

We'd be a lot better off economically with Clinton, with the Reprobates fighting to hold her back, than this, but with this Trump you do have a cleaner, candidate with a clean Christian Vice President and clean Speaker of the House.

Now why can't they get it together and put us on the right track?

Because they've been bad. They totally gave in to their genes and mistreated the first President of color.

After proving their ideology doesn't work they withheld the reigns and Demoncraps must reciprocate, as the horse runs down the road, the buggy clinging to the ditch, and now they want to try their ideology again.

At cost to us they ruined Obamacare instead of making us take our medicine and them theirs they slowed the recovery.

Last edited:

MAKE. IT. STOP

I'll make you a deal, do something about the left's propaganda riddled memes, the conjecture, the fabrications, the outright fiction and hyperbole related to what the President has done, or is doing, and you've got a deal.

Until then, the insanity of the narrative currently being spewed across the airwaves, in print, and on the internet, will continue to force the "hypocrite" response related to what appeared acceptable before, but now is called "criminal" and "treasonous".

MAKE. IT. STOP

Why can't we still use the (but Hillery), we use it because when Hillery did something bad liberals we're oh thats ok , it's a Clinton, but if Trump does something, it's impeachment time. We use it to show the hypocrisy of liberals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll make you a deal, do something about the left's propaganda riddled memes, the conjecture, the fabrications, the outright fiction and hyperbole related to what the President has done, or is doing, and you've got a deal.

Until then, the insanity of the narrative currently being spewed across the airwaves, in print, and on the internet, will continue to force the "hypocrite" response related to what appeared acceptable before, but now is called "criminal" and "treasonous".

Because the "left," (Democrats?) are making propaganda and memes about Trump and his Trumpeteers, the only logical reaction is for the "right," (Republicans?) to continue to rail about Clinton, forgetting who won the election and who is responsible for running the executive branch of the government.

Now, you do have a point. There is really no point in broadcasting memes or propaganda about Trump. All the opposition has to do is repeat his own words... what? Repeating tweets and other absurd statements is considered propaganda?

Are we to ignore the things Trump and his Trumpeteers do and say?

Because the "left," (Democrats?) are making propaganda and memes about Trump and his Trumpeteers, the only logical reaction is for the "right," (Republicans?) to continue to rail about Clinton, forgetting who won the election and who is responsible for running the executive branch of the government.

Now, you do have a point. There is really no point in broadcasting memes or propaganda about Trump. All the opposition has to do is repeat his own words... what? Repeating tweets and other absurd statements is considered propaganda?

Are we to ignore the things Trump and his Trumpeteers do and say?

And the beat goes on........ :thumbs:

Thanks for illustrating the point.

You can't change the past (unless you own a DeLorean).

Or a police box, or a phone booth, or, I am told, a hot tub.

Anyway, agree with the OP fully. I've had to say it many times myself. Quite absurd that it needs to be said.

MAKE. IT. STOP

It is merely a means of highlighting leftist hypocrisy, nothing more. But I can understand why it would irk you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom