• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

STOP spaying

ewm90

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
We could be killing a unborn puppy.

We dont test to see if dogs are pregnant. there could be a unborn life inside.

We could make it a crime to kill a unborn dog its animal abuse.

Also lets carry all stem cells to term!!

We could start aid stations in the Congo that make shear theres no abortions there.

Read your Bible. Dogs don't have souls.

Bible.jpg

There is no clear information in the book. people after reading it can use it to give legitimacy to any view point they had before and after reading it.

This is why there are so meny religions basted of the Bible, Koran, and Torah.

We could be killing a unborn puppy.

We dont test to see if dogs are pregnant. there could be a unborn life inside.

We could make it a crime to kill a unborn dog its animal abuse.

I'm a spay/neuter fanatic. Try working or volunteering in animal shelters for a while. Millions of dogs/cats are euthanized every year simply because there are not enough homes.
Unlike PETA, I don't want to spay and neuter animals out of existance, However, I want to spay and neuter until all are wanted and can find loving homes.
I's awful to see perfectly healthy and sweet animals put to death for lack of a home.
So please, adopt from a shelter, spay and neuter and don't add to the overpopulation problem.

I just hope we dont get there with humans.

I'm a spay/neuter fanatic. Try working or volunteering in animal shelters for a while. Millions of dogs/cats are euthanized every year simply because there are not enough homes.
Unlike PETA, I don't want to spay and neuter animals out of existance, However, I want to spay and neuter until all are wanted and can find loving homes.
I's awful to see perfectly healthy and sweet animals put to death for lack of a home.
So please, adopt from a shelter, spay and neuter and don't add to the overpopulation problem.
Good post. My fiance is a vet tech and they are over run with people not wanting to properly care for their animals and people having their dogs come up pregnant and trying to find a vet or shelter that will take the puppies in, not to mention the dozen or so boxes full of kittens they find on the doorsteps every year.

Along with that the most healthy dogs (read - the ones that won't cost you thousands in vet bills) are mutts. When I can get a loving puppy/dog from the local pound for 75 dollars that comes with all shots, a bag of food, spayed or neutered, de-wormed etc it boggles my mind how some people would go out and buy a purebred dog for thousands.

Also, I can't comment on whether all vets do this, but I know where she works they check for pregnancy before spaying dogs.

I would certainly hope that a person is able to see the difference between a dog/cat and a human.

I would certainly hope that a person is able to see the difference between a dog/cat and a human.

Yep. I like my dog much more than most humans, lol.

Yes other then the fiscal differences one self aware has the ability to talk and the outer dose not.

Our genoms are remarkably alike.

Humans are just another kind of animal. People have gotten this fantasy that we are some how special.

Good post. My fiance is a vet tech and they are over run with people not wanting to properly care for their animals and people having their dogs come up pregnant and trying to find a vet or shelter that will take the puppies in, not to mention the dozen or so boxes full of kittens they find on the doorsteps every year.

Along with that the most healthy dogs (read - the ones that won't cost you thousands in vet bills) are mutts. When I can get a loving puppy/dog from the local pound for 75 dollars that comes with all shots, a bag of food, spayed or neutered, de-wormed etc it boggles my mind how some people would go out and buy a purebred dog for thousands.

Also, I can't comment on whether all vets do this, but I know where she works they check for pregnancy before spaying dogs.

I've been away from shelters/rescues for a few years now. I ended up with total burnout after about 30 yrs of almost constant involvement. It got to the point I couldn't take one more irresponsible pet owner. I wanted them to be forced to watch a cute dog be euthanized because there was no more room.
However, I don't know if it's fate or what but I've found myself wanting to get back into it, but have never set foot in the shelter here. The other day I crossed paths with someone who has a pregnant cat. You know the story, I'm sure. She didn't get her spayed in time, so now she plans on just giving the kittens away.ARGGG! This is not acceptable in my book. So I am going to do everything in my power to make sure they ALL are spayed/neutered before they go anywhere. I'll eat mac and cheese for a while if I have to and I'm hoping I can find a reasonable vet here that does early spay/neuters
I get irritated with some people too who insist on a purebred. However, there are plenty in the shelters and if people aren't too lazy to google their breed they will find tons in breed rescues to choose from. Pick a breed, say chihuahua. Google chihuahua rescues and there you go.
Another breed of human that bugs me are the ones who want a "free" dog. Dogs aren't free and it's much cheaper to pay an adoption fee for around $75 like you said.
Oh well, I could ramble on......God Bless people like you and your fiance.

I've been away from shelters/rescues for a few years now. I ended up with total burnout after about 30 yrs of almost constant involvement. It got to the point I couldn't take one more irresponsible pet owner. I wanted them to be forced to watch a cute dog be euthanized because there was no more room.
However, I don't know if it's fate or what but I've found myself wanting to get back into it, but have never set foot in the shelter here. The other day I crossed paths with someone who has a pregnant cat. You know the story, I'm sure. She didn't get her spayed in time, so now she plans on just giving the kittens away.ARGGG! This is not acceptable in my book. So I am going to do everything in my power to make sure they ALL are spayed/neutered before they go anywhere. I'll eat mac and cheese for a while if I have to and I'm hoping I can find a reasonable vet here that does early spay/neuters
I get irritated with some people too who insist on a purebred. However, there are plenty in the shelters and if people aren't too lazy to google their breed they will find tons in breed rescues to choose from. Pick a breed, say chihuahua. Google chihuahua rescues and there you go.
Another breed of human that bugs me are the ones who want a "free" dog. Dogs aren't free and it's much cheaper to pay an adoption fee for around $75 like you said.
Oh well, I could ramble on......God Bless people like you and your fiance.

Yea, they're could be a few organizations that do low cost neuters in your area. I know there's a mobile surgery bus (can't remember the name) that goes around town over here and stays in place for a day or two and spays/neuters animals for 25 or 30 dollars, and many other people I'm sure can help you out.

About purebreds, yeah you're right. They're are plenty of them to be had that have been dropped off at animal shelters, especially labs and bigger dogs around here. My fiance had a purebred lab (looked like the cottonelle puppy) puppy, about 8 weeks old up for adoption that someone had brought in. Would cost someone 75 dollars and they could have a purebred yellow lab that was already spayed with shots and vaccinations and ready to go. There was a guy up at work that randomly mentioned a few days later that he was looking in the paper for a yellow lab puppy and I told him about the puppy that my fiance had, even got her to send pictures to him. He ended up paying 450 for a puppy that looked identical that didn't come with any shots or anything because he wanted his dog to be akc registered. As if he was going to enter the damn thing in a dog show or something. People amaze me sometimes.

Even other than that puppy, they've had full blood rotties, pitbulls, beagles, english bulldogs, golden retrievers, Chihuahua's and maybe a few others I can't think of that people didn't want and they took them in and adopted them out.

Yea, they're could be a few organizations that do low cost neuters in your area. I know there's a mobile surgery bus (can't remember the name) that goes around town over here and stays in place for a day or two and spays/neuters animals for 25 or 30 dollars, and many other people I'm sure can help you out.

About purebreds, yeah you're right. They're are plenty of them to be had that have been dropped off at animal shelters, especially labs and bigger dogs around here. My fiance had a purebred lab (looked like the cottonelle puppy) puppy, about 8 weeks old up for adoption that someone had brought in. Would cost someone 75 dollars and they could have a purebred yellow lab that was already spayed with shots and vaccinations and ready to go. There was a guy up at work that randomly mentioned a few days later that he was looking in the paper for a yellow lab puppy and I told him about the puppy that my fiance had, even got her to send pictures to him. He ended up paying 450 for a puppy that looked identical that didn't come with any shots or anything because he wanted his dog to be akc registered. As if he was going to enter the damn thing in a dog show or something. People amaze me sometimes.

Even other than that puppy, they've had full blood rotties, pitbulls, beagles, english bulldogs, golden retrievers, Chihuahua's and maybe a few others I can't think of that people didn't want and they took them in and adopted them out.

I'm hoping she has a small litter and all boys! Neuter is cheaper than spay. As soon as I know how many and what sex, I'll see what kind of a deal I can come up with.
Just curious, do they do early spay/neuter where your fiance works? Like as early as 8 wks if they are a certain weight?
Yrs ago in Oh we had a clinic that did and did them cheap. It was great and the animals always bounced right back next day after surgery like nothing even happened. It took the worry out of adopting kittens/puppies out and trusting that they would get S/N when they were old enough. I've been out of touch so long, I was just wondering if more vets have gotten into it.

So the bible is how you decide if you value life... well, that's pretty dang funny

I know I'm over the top, but I value all life.

Chicago has a cool organization called PAWS. PAWS - About -- It's a no-kill shelter. Very well run, supported by donations. They spay/neuter cats for $19. Wow. We've trapped three strays and had them neutered. They clip their ears so others who are cat friendly know they're neutered. Two became somewhat tame despite being trapped in a live trap and scared to death. They come in on the coldest nights. Skittle under the bed and go out in the mornings when it's warmer. When we took them to have them neutered, one a female, the shelter told us if she was pregnant, the litter would be detroyed. Must admit it gave me pause, but it was the only right thing to do. (She wasn't. I was glad.)

I think every living thing deserves to live. I carry spiders outside after trapping them in a drinking glass. (Yeah, I know. Nutz.)

Last two dogs I've had (German Shepards) have been show dogs whose breeders didn't want them anymore. Next one will be the same. I wouldn't buy a puppy from a pet store for all the tea in china. I feel sorry for them. Really I do. But I just can't support that trade. It's plain wrong. So many dogs who need homes. Can't support bringing more into the world...

Chicago has a cool organization called PAWS. PAWS - About -- It's a no-kill shelter. Very well run, supported by donations. They spay/neuter cats for $19. Wow. We've trapped three strays and had them neutered. They clip their ears so others who are cat friendly know they're neutered. Two became somewhat tame despite being trapped in a live trap and scared to death. They come in on the coldest nights. Skittle under the bed and go out in the mornings when it's warmer. When we took them to have them neutered, one a female, the shelter told us if she was pregnant, the litter would be detroyed. Must admit it gave me pause, but it was the only right thing to do. (She wasn't. I was glad.)

I think every living thing deserves to live. I carry spiders outside after trapping them in a drinking glass. (Yeah, I know. Nutz.)

Last two dogs I've had (German Shepards) have been show dogs whose breeders didn't want them anymore. Next one will be the same. I wouldn't buy a puppy from a pet store for all the tea in china. I feel sorry for them. Really I do. But I just can't support that trade. It's plain wrong. So many dogs who need homes. Can't support bringing more into the world...

Does this apply to mosquitoes as well?

No, but honest to God, I don't swat 'em. I know. Nutz-nutz-nutz. I just figure every living creature gets "one time around." Yikes.

Well that is pretty :screwy IMHO

But live and let live has always been one of my favorite mottos:)

So the bible is how you decide if you value life... well, that's pretty dang funny

You know what's hilarious? Relying on hollow and gray philosophy to determine the value of life.

Last edited:
This thread proves that people just like to talk.

I'm hoping she has a small litter and all boys! Neuter is cheaper than spay. As soon as I know how many and what sex, I'll see what kind of a deal I can come up with.
Just curious, do they do early spay/neuter where your fiance works? Like as early as 8 wks if they are a certain weight?
Yrs ago in Oh we had a clinic that did and did them cheap. It was great and the animals always bounced right back next day after surgery like nothing even happened. It took the worry out of adopting kittens/puppies out and trusting that they would get S/N when they were old enough. I've been out of touch so long, I was just wondering if more vets have gotten into it.

Yea they do. I think it's a fairly common thing around here. All the local pet adoption day type things that have puppies and kittens for adopion are usually spayed and neutered before adopting them out.

I'd Hug ya if I could! Especially over your comment about never buying a puppy from a petstore! If more people knew the suffering they were perpetuating when they do that, they'd never consider it. There are responsible breeders, but responsible breeders would never sell to a petstore.

However buying a puppy from a pet store should not be confused with adopting from a pet store that doesn't sell puppies. PetCo and PetSmart have adoption days where they donate space to shelters and rescues to bring animals in for adoption. It's a win win situation. Most people can't resist buying all kinds of goodies for their new babies. :)
PAWS is good. It's really difficult to keep a no-kill rescue in operation only on donations. I've volunteered for a no-kill and volunteered for kill shelters and dog pounds.

None are perfect. No-kills can't save as many as animal shelters who euthanize when they have to. However it does a heart good when a butt ugly, snorting ,sloppering, fat, pug mix, finds the perfect forever home after being in rescue for 6 yrs. No joke, I laugh everytime I think about that dog. I never thought anyone would ever acually see him and fall in love. I guess there really is someone for everyone. :)

No, but honest to God, I don't swat 'em. I know. Nutz-nutz-nutz. I just figure every living creature gets "one time around." Yikes.

I kill mosquitos, fleas, ticks. For animals sake, not mine.
I don't like spiders but know they are good, so I don't kill them as a rule and take them outside in a glass too.
Except....so sorry Maggie... there was one in my bathroom so big and creepy I screamed and immediately stomped on him and kept stomping and made sure he was smashed unrecognizable. A bit of overkill on my part I guess. :-(

I kill mosquitos, fleas, ticks. For animals sake, not mine.
I don't like spiders but know they are good, so I don't kill them as a rule and take them outside in a glass too.
Except....so sorry Maggie... there was one in my bathroom so big and creepy I screamed and immediately stomped on him and kept stomping and made sure he was smashed unrecognizable. A bit of overkill on my part I guess. :-(

:rofl !!!! Who'd a' thought there'd be TWO of us!!

Last edited:
You know what's hilarious? Relying on hollow and gray philosophy to determine the value of life.

I agree... It is awfully funny how many pro lifers here don't even value human life at the moment of conception, or if the female was raped. Why do her feelings about the sex (rape) that occurred affect the value they place on the life.. IDK .. crazy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom