• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stop saying "we"

Did it occur to you that maybe they are part of the decision? Maybe they voted for Obama, maybe they're military, maybe they supported it (before they were against it).

IT's not like they're a separate entity from the US or something :roll:

They are separate, because the pols in Congress don't care what they think.

Is this the thread where people who feel disillusioned can justify it to themselves?

I've noticed in many of these threads re: discussion of the US govt's (typically silly, childish) military forays into the ME and other areas of the world, when referring to the US military, many posters still resort to the word "we."

When a person uses the word "we" when discussing the action of the govt., he/she includes himself and all the People as being culpable (or complicit) in those actions.

Now think: to all those who use the word "we", ask yourself a ridiculously simple question: did you have any say in the US govt's/POTUS's actions, meaning are one of the POTUS's or Congressional lobbyists?

If not, then. . .

YOU ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE DECISION!!!

So when you drag yourself in using the word "we", you're disrespecting yourself. You're saying to yourself: "I am responsible or partially responsible for this mess", which is, of course, not true.

Therefore, effective immediately, everyone who is not an active federal lobbyist and/or pol needs to terminate this habit.

You will notice I never say "we" when talking about the military or the US govt., because it shows a lack of self-respect, blaming myself for something I never did, or had any part of.

You shouldn't either. So when the US govt. goes on its stupid adventures overseas, say the government invaded this or the government wants to bomb whoever. Or you can say the lobbyists did this or the lobbyists want to bomb.

What part of "We the People" did you miss?

"...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Abraham Lincoln--November 19, 1863

What part of "We the People" did you miss?

"We the People" do not control the govt. in the US. It doesn't matter if the Constitution recommends this practice; in reality, it isn't true.

"We the People" do not control the govt. in the US. It doesn't matter if the Constitution recommends this practice; in reality, it isn't true.

Yes we do. Obama was voted in because he was elected by the people that voted. He was not installed due to family being royals.

I completely disagree. We have the government we (yes "we") deserve. We are, the vast majority of us, not doing enough to wrest the government from those you mention. It is our responsibility to do so, and when we don't, we are indeed complicit with what our government does. Saying "we" is an acceptance of responsibility (to a very small extent).

Since I have been active in opposing the wars, murder, imprisonment without trial and torture, I did my part to stop it. Although I arguably could have done much more, I did more than 98% of the public. I do not consider myself complicit. I don't say "we."

This sounds like when people bitch about folks using "we" when referring to their favorite sports team.

Yes we do. Obama was voted in because he was elected by the people that voted. He was not installed due to family being royals.

Obama wouldn't have been "elected" if his sponsors didn't want him to be an eligible candidate.

He is POTUS only because the health insurance cos. and computer firms made him a candidate.

Back
Top Bottom