• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stop saying "we"

Living in a representative republic, we are involved in the decision making process by voting for representatives who most closely represent our views. At the rate we're going though, I think we need to chuck most of the incumbents and start over.

so they can stop voting those guys if they are not pleased with the way they are represented

they can vote greens

both voting them and refusing their faults in forming the world politics doesnt seem reasonable

the government they voted creates a chaos in any part of the world

and they may claim it is not their fault

interesting

The US is as much a representative republic as Iran is.

Being able to vote for someone (i. e. Rouhani/Obama) doesn't automatically imply a true democracy/republic, esp. when ultimate power belongs to someone else.
l totally agree

Extremist fundie muzzies like to separate the US government from the US people, for two reasons:

1. They want to compare the US government to totalitarian regimes, like Iran. As if we had no say in our government's actions.

2. They want to be able to hate the US and hedge that bile in "but the people are fine". This allows them to take the same stance on the US that we do regarding totalitarian regimes.

Ultimately, they are desperate for a false equivalence and this is a (granted, stupid) method to establish such.

Extremist fundie muzzies like to separate the US government from the US people, for two reasons:

1. They want to compare the US government to totalitarian regimes, like Iran. As if we had no say in our government's actions.

2. They want to be able to hate the US and hedge that bile in "but the people are fine". This allows them to take the same stance on the US that we do regarding totalitarian regimes.

Ultimately, they are desperate for a false equivalence and this is a (granted, stupid) method to establish such.
:shock:

was it you who bombed vietnam and hiroshima,eco ?

was it you who bombed vietnam and hiroshima,eco ?

Yes, we take responsibility for our government's actions. We don't just say "hey, we have no control!" like some third world craphole.

Taking a stand in SE Asia was important and the war was fought under the standards of the time. Bombing Hiro was merciful and saved millions of lives, American and Japanese.

Yes, we take responsibility for our governments actions. We don't just say "hey, we have no control!" like some third world craphole.

Bombing Hiro was merciful and saved millions of lives, American and Japanese.

ugh

japanese ?

syrian government cant save any people by using chemicals ?

your nuke beats their chemicals l think

l think assad should nuke the japanese too:mrgreen:

Yes, we take responsibility for our government's actions. We don't just say "hey, we have no control!" like some third world craphole.

:lol: who'se "we"? I had no hand in that decision. Why should I take responsibility for something I didn't do and had no part of?

Please don't lump us all in w/your agenda.

:lol: who'se "we"? I had no hand in that decision. Why should I take responsibility for something I didn't do and had no part of?

Please don't lump us all in w/your agenda.

The US is a government of, by and for the people. This is not a totalitarian regime. Stop being such a victim.

The people do not have any say in their govt's actions.

Example: right now, O is saying that he would consider bombing Syria, even though the people are mostly against it. Yet the people can't do anything about it.

Seems like the only extremists are the ones who like to perpetuate falsehoods (i. e. the people are the govt) even though the evidence--as indicated above--clearly suggests the opposite.

The US is a government of, by and for the people.

No it's not. If it's for, by, and for the people, then why is the gov't able to do so many things the people don't want, i. e. warrantless spying on everyone's calls/emails, Iraq War, Afghanistan War, . . .?

If the gov't were for the people, then, by definition, it would be prohibited from engaging in any activity the people didn't want/authorize.

You're confusing reality w/Krauthammer-land.

hahaha

That's SO delusional! Totally disconnected from reality.

And eco is so connected to "reality"* that he's gonna now explain to us how the people are ultimately in control despite the gov't spying on all their private communications left and right while they oppose it.

(* - methinks eco was referring to the right wing reality distortion field :lol: !)

And eco is so connected to "reality"* that he's gonna now explain to us how the people are ultimately in control despite the gov't spying on all their private communications left and right while they oppose it.

(* - methinks eco was referring to the right wing reality distortion field :lol: !)

The Iranian regime sentences gays to death. Very representative!

To exactly the same degree that your driving on a road constitutes theft.

I would say its more akin to buying crappy Chinese goods at brand name premium prices, that barely function as intended.

The Iranian regime sentences gays to death. Very representative!

So a totalitarian regime is OK as long as it doesn't sentence gays to death? Make sense :rolleyes:

So a totalitarian regime is OK as long as it doesn't sentence gays to death? Make sense :rolleyes:

You cannot deny this glaring inconsistency in your delusional claim. If the Iranian regime is representative, why are gays sentenced to death?

ugh

japanese ?

syrian government cant save any people by using chemicals ?

your nuke beats their chemicals l think

l think assad should nuke the japanese too:mrgreen:

Eco is right. Comparing the Syria situation to WW2 in the pacific is apples and oranges. Nuking Japan saved them. It was the merciful thing to do to STOP a meat grinder that already ground up millions of people.

Eco is right. Comparing the Syria situation to WW2 in the pacific is apples and oranges. Nuking Japan saved them. It was the merciful thing to do to STOP a meat grinder that already ground up millions of people.

so who died ?

You cannot deny this glaring inconsistency in your delusional claim. If the Iranian regime is representative, why are gays sentenced to death?

When did I say the Iranian regime was representative? ?

I said the US regime is equivalent to the Iranian regime in terms of being a faux democracy (despite not sentencing gays to death, as if that one thing is sufficient to make an otherwise totalitarian regime into a democratic one).

When did I say the Iranian regime was representative? ?

Right here:

The US is as much a representative republic as Iran is.

haha

I said the US regime is equivalent to the Iranian regime in terms of being a faux democracy (despite not sentencing gays to death, as if that one thing is sufficient to make an otherwise totalitarian regime into a democratic one).

Ignorant nihilism aside, a death sentence for gays demonstrates a lack of representation that is not found in the West.

How can you have power when you don't have enough $ to buy it, or have lots of $ but didn't buy any pols/lobbyists?

There are all kinds of activism that, if we all took responsibility for it, would easily overwhelm the power of money. Fact is, we are lazy citizens, and we thereby fail to truly nurture our freedom and our control of the government. We are not victims, but are complicit in this mockery of a republic.

Back
Top Bottom