• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stop Exploiting LGBT Issues to Demonize Islam and Justify Anti-Muslim Policies

if the democrats were smart they would reintroduce ENDA immediately and after republicans filibuster it, expose them all as gay hating devils who vow to protect from us from islam when in reality we need protection from republicans and their christian theocrat constituents

because employment discrimination hurts a hell of a lot more lgbt than were in that nightclub

if the democrats were smart they would reintroduce ENDA immediately and after republicans filibuster it, expose them all as gay hating devils who vow to protect from us from islam when in reality we need protection from republicans and their christian theocrat constituents

because employment discrimination hurts a hell of a lot more lgbt than were in that nightclub

I think the dead people would beg to disagree.

ROTFL Yeah, we must not say anything negative about radical Islam, after all Hilly has taken millions of dollars from muslim govts that execute homosexuals routinely.

as if trump would cancel saudi oil contracts...not on your life

as if trump would cancel saudi oil contracts...not on your life

A principled man would.

America has tremendous talent, we can, and should, develop alternative energy sources.

I think the dead people would beg to disagree.

I'm sure some of them faced discrimination too thanks to republicans. It's very common. And by the way, the killer could not be charged with a hate crime because yeah, republicans

For republicans to aggressively deny lgbt equal rights using "RFRA" and then turn around and act like they're the saviors of lgbt is like the former slaver in 'gone with the wind' pushing 40 acres and a mule on the emancipated slaves because "we're you're friend"

A principled man would.

America has tremendous talent, we can, and should, develop alternative energy sources.

no disagreement from me there, but you're attacking hillary for things donald trump would absolutely continue doing

If we can't blame the ideology that caused this massacre when can we blame an ideology? we blame the nazi's for killing jews, we blame Christianity for discriminating against gays and trans people, why then is it not okay to blame Islam for its clearly anti woman and anti gay teachings?

Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction.

the Quran in Sura 2:282 says:
And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her. (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 205).

we have numerous examples of this "religion of peace" going out of its way to kill people.

however this does not mean we should ban all muslims from the US. It means we should criticize it like any other religion on this planet if its followers committed so many terrible crimes.

Any punishment from Qoran ? no,you all just google some verses and post here.You never read this book

Trump did not demonize Islam or the people. He simply states that a better plan needs to be developed to make sure the people coming into our country are not doing so to cause us harm. He has stated over and over that he has many Muslim friends. Does that make him a liar because he believes that not all Muslims are our friends?

If he is sincere in his beliefs he should stop allying with Saudi Arabia when he gets elected president..

no disagreement from me there, but you're attacking hillary for things donald trump would absolutely continue doing

Like what?

I'm sure some of them faced discrimination too thanks to republicans. It's very common. And by the way, the killer could not be charged with a hate crime because yeah, republicans

For republicans to aggressively deny lgbt equal rights using "RFRA" and then turn around and act like they're the saviors of lgbt is like the former slaver in 'gone with the wind' pushing 40 acres and a mule on the emancipated slaves because "we're you're friend"

Wow. Just......

Wow.

First, you try to say that employee discrimarion is worse then being dead. Then you claim that LGBT people are slaves.

Wow.

that's because iraq is a ****hole where they can get away with it. If america was like that, you better believe baptists would've been doing this all along. Do you think there were never very strict sodomy laws, often targeted at homosexuals only, in this country?

That radical Christians can't get away with that sort of thing here makes all the difference in the world, does it not? Plus, that kind of radical Christian is very rare anywhere.

it doesn't change the fact the attempted attacker in LA was not

No, it doesn't.

But neither does there seem to be any evidence at all that Howell had any intention of staging any kind of attack.

The guy was a bisexual who, according to friends, "harbored no ill will toward gays or lesbians", and was on his way to the festival to meet up with a friend or friends.

Which I guess is something gay and bisexual men do (meet up with each other and hang out at gay pride festivals)?

So your comment here is really apropos of nothing.

tell me this, if he was christian instead as the vast majority of gay bashers in this country are, do you think trump would use this tragedy to vow he will keep christians out of the country?

If radical fundamentalist Christians had staged three major and several more "minor" terror attacks in the United States in the past three years, several more in Europe, and dozens across the Middle East and Asia?

If radical Christian clerics were calling for the deaths of all non-Christians and the establishment of a global Christian caliphate?

If there were major Christian terrorist groups taking over large portions of several countries?

And if we'd been at war with radical Christianity for the better part of the past two decades?

Yeah, I don't know, maybe Trump would be seeking ways to keep more Christians out of the country until we could find a way to better vet those coming in.

It's kind of funny how when you leave out the overwhelming majority of the facts related to what's going on the position you're staking almost seems to make sense.

Buy when you include those facts and assess the situation in light of truth, logic, and reason your comment makes you look like a hysterical six-year-old girl who is afraid of her own shadow.

anyone who is gay knows who hates them, and unless you live in a muslim area like dearborn, it's the old christian lady on the bus saying "well they deserved it"

I doubt that most gays in America these days worry all that much about who hates them.

Now, I'm sure the odd gay kid attending a high school deep in the Bible belt certainly has his concerns about how the rednecks on the football team would view his sexual preference, but I can't recall a time any of my gay friends in NY or NJ, and now the suburbs of Dallas, TX mentioned having recently avoided doing something for fear that they would be targeted for a hate crime. None of them walk the streets furtively looking over their shoulder in fear of roving bands of murderous gay-hating Christians.

I think you're really blowing the whole "Christians hate gays" thing way out of proportion.

Most "Christian hate" is really just political opposition to gay marriage.

And by the same token, most Islamic hatred of homosexuals here in the West is really little more than that.

But this attack in Orlando wasn't REALLY about killing homosexuals for the sake of their being homosexuals.

It was a terror attack by Islam, on the West.

Period.

Full stop.

But this time instead of it being random spectators at a sporting event, or Soldiers working at a recruiting station, or people attending a concert, or folks riding commuter trains, or whatever of the many other targets radical Islamic terrorists have chosen to attack here in the U.S. and across the pond on the homeland of one of our European allies over the past few years, these victims happened to be homosexuals.

Trying to make this more about homophobia and less about Islamic terrorism is just stupid.

I have no doubt that our gay friends can rest assured that the next Islamic terror attack here in the U.S. will target a school, or a mall, or a bus stop, or something completely other than a gay nightclub.

Last edited:
That radical Christians can't get away with that sort of thing here makes all the difference in the world, does it not? Plus, that kind of radical Christian is very rare anywhere.

yeah but if you're gonna point to violence in the mideast, i'll point to lynch mobs in uganda

from what i've observed in america it's mostly the old grannies being overheard on the bus approving of the attack. I guess despite their radical minds, due to their age they're no threat (except notably at the ballot box) and they'll die soon anyway

Back
Top Bottom