• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stone's Treason

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Capital offense?

Stone went further than spouting Moscow’s line: He collaborated with the Russians. On Twitter, he hailed Guccifer 2.0 as a “HERO.” (He also called WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange a “hero.”) And in mid-August, in a private Twitter message, Stone asked Guccifer 2.0 to promote a column he had written. Guccifer 2.0 replied: “i’m pleased to say that u r great man. Please tell me if I can help u anyhow. It would be a great pleasure to me.”

In the time since then, the US intelligence community and Mueller have definitively pegged Guccifer 2.0 as a Russian front. That means Stone was promoting and privately communicating with Putin’s operators as they mounted their clandestine operation against the United States.

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...ow-he-helped-russia-attack-the-2016-election/

I say yes.

You're suggesting the death penalty?

I'll say no to that.

Capital offense?

I say yes.

If that is proven in court, I would be happy to put on the black hood and pull the cord releasing that giant razor blade of justice. It could not happen to a nicer guy who has spent the last forty years earning it.

And I say that only half joking.

You're suggesting the death penalty?

I'll say no to that.

That is because you are a wonderful, kind, optimistic young person who sees the good in people. Put up with these assholes for another 25 years and you will be ready to throw the switch.

That is because you are a wonderful, kind, optimistic young person who sees the good in people. Put up with these assholes for another 25 years and you will be ready to throw the switch.

:) I am not young.

I spent my youth in a capital-punishment supporting religion. I didn't start my trek away from supporting capital punishment until I was in my 30's or 40's.

If that is proven in court, I would be happy to put on the black hood and pull the cord releasing that giant razor blade of justice. It could not happen to a nicer guy who has spent the last forty years earning it.

And I say that only half joking.
And THAT worries me, and I'm totally serious.

Capital offense?

I say yes.

A gentle reminder that the last people to be charged for treason in the United States were convicted of helping the Axis powers during and immediately after World War II. While just about everybody in the Trump campaign committed acts that were treasonous in the colloquial sense, they cannot and will not be charged for treason.

Based on a MJ blather?

This is so sad.... Look at the profile of the guy who wrote the MJ blather. :roll:
David Corn
David Corn is Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief and an on-air analyst for MSNBC. He is the co-author (with Michael Isikoff) of Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump. He is the author of three New York Times bestsellers, Showdown, Hubris (with Isikoff), and The Lies of George W. Bush, as well as the e-book, 47 Percent: Uncovering the Romney Video that Rocked the 2012 Election. For more of his stories, click here. He's also on Twitter and Facebook.

Capital offense?

I say yes.
UNKNOWINGLY...unlike the DNC/HILLARY CAMPAIGN, who PAID $MILLIONS to hire a KREMLIN-LINKED FIRM , to hire a KREMLIN-LINKED FOREIGN AGENT, TO CONTACT HIS KREMLIN-LINKED BUDDIES, to compile a pile of RUSSIAN LIES to interfere with the election, and, when that failed, to launch a SEDITIOUS CONSPIRACY AGAINST A DULY-ELECTED POTUS.

Now...WHO ARE THE TRAITORS...again?

dem russian collusion and obamagate.jpg

Last edited:
UNKNOWINGLY...unlike the DNC/HILLARY CAMPAIGN, who PAID $MILLIONS to hire a KREMLIN-LINKED FIRM , to hire a KREMLIN-LINKED FOREIGN AGENT, TO CONTACT HIS KREMLIN-LINKED BUDDIES, to compile a pile of RUSSIAN LIES to interfere with the election, and, when that failed, to launch a SEDITIOUS CONSPIRACY AGAINST A DULY-ELECTED POTUS.

View attachment 67249008

:lol: Steele Dossier nailed your boi Trump. Dead to rights!

This is so sad.... Look at the profile of the guy who wrote the MJ blather. :roll:
David Corn
David Corn is Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief and an on-air analyst for MSNBC. He is the co-author (with Michael Isikoff) of Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump. He is the author of three New York Times bestsellers, Showdown, Hubris (with Isikoff), and The Lies of George W. Bush, as well as the e-book, 47 Percent: Uncovering the Romney Video that Rocked the 2012 Election. For more of his stories, click here. He's also on Twitter and Facebook.

Yes, Stone is a traitor. As is your president. You may want to deal with that sooner rather than later.

I spent my youth in a capital-punishment supporting religion. I didn't start my trek away from supporting capital punishment until I was in my 30's or 40's.

I followed the opposite trajectory. I spent most of my life opposing the DP. At one time, the Republican stance on religion and capital punishment were the only positions I could not agree with them on. Of course, now I cannot agree with Republicans on anything.

But, as for the death penalty, spending a decade studying Ted Bundy and the likes of Roger Stone convinced me that we need it. I guarantee, if one of the Trump conspirators were to know the DP was on the table, he would sing like a canary.

Capital offense?

I say yes.

I say no. EVEN taking Corn's article as gospel, the evidence does not fit the crime.

Stone was not bringing any new evidence to the conversation. He was merely accepting the debunked story of Guccifer 2.0 at face value - ...that there was nothing to the Russian story. It also matched statements from the Kremlin insisting it had nothing to do with the hack-and-dump attack against Clinton and the Democrats. Stone was echoing and amplifying the disinformation spread by a foreign adversary to hide its information warfare attack against the United States.

There nothing in the article to suggest that Stone believed that the Wiki material was Russian "disinformation", to the contrary he accepted the view of those who asserted that there was little real evidence that Guccifer 2.0 was Russian, let along acting on behalf of the Russian government. He may have wrongly believed it, and thought the anti-Clinton/DNC material authentic but that is not a crime - no more than it is a crime for Steele and Clinton's people believing their material was authentic.

Stone went further than spouting Moscow’s line: He collaborated with the Russians. On Twitter, he hailed Guccifer 2.0 as a “HERO.” (He also called WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange a “hero.”) And in mid-August, in a private Twitter message, Stone asked Guccifer 2.0 to promote a column he had written. Guccifer 2.0 replied: “i’m pleased to say that u r great man. Please tell me if I can help u anyhow. It would be a great pleasure to me.”
In the time since then, the US intelligence community and Mueller have definitively pegged Guccifer 2.0 as a Russian front. That means Stone was promoting and privately communicating with Putin’s operators as they mounted their clandestine operation against the United States. He was doing what he could to legitimize Guccifer 2.0 and spare Russia blame for its cyberwarfare aimed to hurt Clinton and boost Trump. Consequently, Stone was aiding and abetting Putin’s plot against America.

The evidence of substantive and/or knowing nefarious collaboration for any such purpose is negligible. In fact, all the article is actually says is that Stone wanted some promoting of an article he wrote, and Guccifer 2.0 offered to assist in any manner should Stone need it.

So all Stone is guilty of is in trusting that Guccifer 2.0 was not a Russian or worse, a Putin agent, and that the information Guccifer 2.0 had already given the press was accurate. As to a feeler about promoting his book, like most of Mueller's "thriller", the indictment fails to mention if in fact anything came of it.

I am not defending Stone's gullibility, Russian sympathy, or hunger for dirt. Nor would I defend the activity of the Washington Post, New York Times, and every other newspaper and book publisher who has use stolen American classified and top secret data (for more dangerous than DNC political musings) to undermine security operations against our avowed and declared enemies (terrorists, communist state actors, terrorist supporting nations).

And of course I wouldn't defend the decades of cold war liberal and left-wing persons and organizations that worked in secret and collaborating as fellow-travelers and shills of Lenin, Stalin, and various other communist rulers - they knowingly collaborating and promoting the interests of Russia against American security in editorials, union organizing, front groups, innocence clubs, and the like.

But if all that did not rise to the level of "treason", then it is ludicrous to claim today's misplaced sympatric leanings for Russia is treason.

View attachment 67249008

Wow have you ever seen a dead horse you didn't stop to at least take a kick at?

That bs is long settled, to the point it is not even a distraction that you try to make any longer.

Wow have you ever seen a dead horse you didn't stop to at least take a kick at?

That bs is long settled, to the point it is not even a distraction that you try to make any longer.

Fake News Bull****...Easily de-bunked

You're opposed to the death penalty for treason?
not a bit. But basing it on a opinion piece from an ultra-loonies website isn't credible.

Stone made an interesting statement: I will not bear false witness against Donald Trump.

Notice that he did not declare he would not testify against Trump.

Today, given the opportunity on at least one news talk show, he did not rule out cooperating with the Mueller investigation.

Is there anyone who has been charged in the investigation who has not cut a deal yet?

Okay - at my age almost everybody else is young(er). ;)

Back
Top Bottom