• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stone Arrest Devastating to Trump

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The arrest of Roger Stone in the early morning hours Friday is another devastating political blow to President Donald Trump. It gives more ammunition to House Democrats to accelerate their own investigation plans, and it will certainly generate more fear among Republicans, even those who continue to stand by the President.

...there's no doubt that this is a damaging development. It comes at a time when the Republican firewall that has protected Trump has shown some slight but serious cracks as a result of the disastrous government shutdown. A number of Republicans voted with the Democratic spending bill that the Senate ended up rejecting. Sandwiched between the Democratic takeover of the House in 2018 and the fears about what will take place in the 2020 election, Republicans are sweating it out every day about what political costs they will pay from ignoring the scandal for so long

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/opin...ent-bad-politics-for-trump-zelizer/index.html

My take: His sycophants will pretend it's a nothingburger, but the rest of the country will be looking at this far differently. It's a clear case of "another one?" And, yes, it is. This is the sixth high profile Trumpian indictment in the Russia investigation. And, the RightsKies are sweating. Don't think that they are not.

How many in Trump’s orbit need to be arrested before some realize that this is probably bad for the President?

You have to wonder what kind of meltdown we will see from Trump when the kids get their indictments? And you know those are coming down the road before they throw out the first pitch in MLB this year.

My take: His sycophants will pretend it's a nothingburger, but the rest of the country will be looking at this far differently. It's a clear case of "another one?" And, yes, it is. This is the sixth high profile Trumpian indictment in the Russia investigation. And, the RightsKies are sweating. Don't think that they are not.
Enjoy your mental masturbation, no one's worried over here on the Right. Sorry to disappoint you.

Until they take Trump out prone on his own shield, the sycophants will keep making excuses. When his numbers are down in the thirty range - it will signal his death knell to McConnell and company and the enabling can then stop. At least for a few of them. Sadly, most others will march into hell with him.

Enjoy your mental masturbation, no one's worried over here on the Right. Sorry to disappoint you.

How are you not worried? Trump's closest associates are dropping like flies. Do you honestly believe that all of these people can be criminals, but Trump and his family are innocent in all this?

Well, you know I'm a "wait for the facts" kind of guy, so I won't pretend this event is anything...and neither should you. But here is an article from someone who is not a sycophant for anyone with his take on this stuff. Interesting reading that might make you sad.

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/roger-stones-indictment-leaves-one-giant-hole-in-collusion-theory/

At some point, you may want to fall on your sword. It's a credibility thing.

Well, you know I'm a "wait for the facts" kind of guy, so I won't pretend this event is anything...and neither should you. But here is an article from someone who is not a sycophant for anyone with his take on this stuff. Interesting reading that might make you sad.

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/roger-stones-indictment-leaves-one-giant-hole-in-collusion-theory/

Manafort--convicted
Flynn -- convicted
Cohen---Convicted
Gates--Convicted

Uh, what exactly are you waiting for?

To quote Rick Wilson: "Everything Trump Touches dies"

Oh This is THE ONE, finally, huh?

Stone giving conflicting testimony about his nonstop inquiries (basically hounding ) for opposition research from Wikileaks, = "IMPEACHMENT"?????!!!!

wiseguys laugh.jpg

Dang! Trump associate after Trump associate is being indicted, and/or pleading guilty to various crimes. The very top echelon of your government has been taken over by flimflammers and criminals, and you're not worried for your country, because it's worth it to be a "winner?" SMH.

Yes, we are laughing

Yes, ANOTHER "PROCESS CRIMES" arrest.

Wow. Devastating....yaaaawwnnnnn...
eye roll emoji.jpg

When will LYING TO CONGRESS be applied to Comey, Clinton, etal?

OH YEAH, maybe after BARR TAKES OVER...hopefully.

TWENTY-NINE AGENTS, ELEVEN VEHICLES in a PRE-DAWN RAID...to take an OLD MAN who already conceded that the Witch Hunt was comin, and would have absolutely surrendered himself to custody.

The Grand Buffoon is the BIGGEST DRAMA QUEEN IN WASHINGTON.

And, NO COINCIDNECE, the DAY AFTER Obama Swamp KGB-FBi/DOJ officials admit, in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that NO DOSSIER, NO WITCH HUNT...IOW the ENTIRE MUELLER CIRCUS is FOUNDED ON FALSE PREMISES....

Yes, ANOTHER "PROCESS CRIMES" arrest.

Wow. Devastating....yaaaawwnnnnn...
View attachment 67248843

When will LYING TO CONGRESS be applied to Comey, Clinton, etal?

OH YEAH, maybe after BARR TAKES OVER...hopefully.

Your boi is exceeding expectations. Who would have believed it, if we said Trump would end up selling out the country to Russia, shut the government down for a month, only to cave to Nancy after making an ass of himself, lose the House, lock up children, embolden ISIS and give the rich everything while ****ing over the middle class, but yet his fans would still think he was great?

THanks for your cooperation.

You know what makes me sad is that all of this is going on, even if we need to have to do it. These investigations due to a rival country interfering in our elections and even if no collusion or conspiracy by Trump, his egging on that foreign country to hack further into Hillary and the DNC for his political gain makes me sick that he is now our president. Many cons say it is because he seems to not know or has no filter that makes him do as he does, but if that is so, how can they accept him as our president?

Your boi is exceeding expectations. Who would have believed it, if we said Trump would end up selling out the country to Russia, shut the government down for a month, only to cave to Nancy after making an ass of himself, lose the House, lock up children, embolden ISIS and his fans would still think he was great?

THanks for your cooperation.
Uh-huh. And I heard Trump made Cohen lie to Congress about the Moscow Tower non-deal. Der...ummm...duh...and MOUTHENATTI was "GOING TO TAKE TRUMP DOWN"!!!...etc., etc... ad nauseum.

THAT WAS THE "BIG ONE"... just a few days ago...remember?

gotta laugh at the BS.jpg

Manafort--convicted
Flynn -- convicted
Cohen---Convicted
Gates--Convicted

Uh, what exactly are you waiting for?

Read the thread title: Stone Arrest Devastating to Trump

I don't see the names of those guys you mention.

Anyway, I don't give a rat's ass about those guys and nothing they were convicted for affect Trump in any way.

Stone arrested; Trump ends shutdown.

Coincidence?

I think not.

You know what makes me sad is that all of this is going on, even if we need to have to do it. These investigations due to a rival country interfering in our elections and even if no collusion or conspiracy by Trump, his egging on that foreign country to hack further into Hillary and the DNC for his political gain makes me sick that he is now our president. Many cons say it is because he seems to not know or has no filter that makes him do as he does, but if that is so, how can they accept him as our president?

yawn...

If you calmed down and actually applied whatever brain power you possess, you wouldn't be sad.

Heck, you could start by actually listening to Trump instead of the spin. For example, Trump wasn't "egging on that foreign country to hack further into Hillary and the DNC". He was trolling the media. You would know this if you had actually listened to what he said instead of listening to the media spin. (hint: the media didn't like getting trolled...they spun his words on purpose)

yawn...

If you calmed down and actually applied whatever brain power you possess, you wouldn't be sad.

Heck, you could start by actually listening to Trump instead of the spin. For example, Trump wasn't "egging on that foreign country to hack further into Hillary and the DNC". He was trolling the media. You would know this if you had actually listened to what he said instead of listening to the media spin. (hint: the media didn't like getting trolled...they spun his words on purpose)

lol...good luck with that.

Stone his 100% angling for a pardon. He's pleading not guilty to all those counts...each of which has lots of hard evidence to back it up...he will get a hefty sentence and he knows it.
If stone pulls this off...wow. I have to say, if you're gonna hire a political consultant to help you win...Stone helped him win and will go to jail for him...that's dedication. If he gets a pardon, he's basically vindicated. I think he'll die happy knowing that was his legacy..a real success story he will feel.

Back
Top Bottom