• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stock Market Plunges Today - Biggest Loss Since Feb.

again we can see TDS out of control still nothing to do with what is posted or being discussed.
so there is no point in responding anymore to this type of stuff.

it is not worth your time or effort to entertain.

I know how difficult it is to face facts, but the one fact you cant hide is that this market has done nothing since about the 2nd week of January. Thats close to 9 months. I will wait for you to spin that.

There is a lot to take credit for none of which resonates with people who spend 24/7 here in this forum whining and complaining. Do you have an alternative to the policies that have been implemented the past year and 10 months? When you go to the polls what are you voting for as I have no idea what the Democratic platform is other than investigate, impeach, hate, search and destroy?

Was it necessary to pass a tax cut which almost exclusively benefits the wealthy, while adding trillions to our debt and deficits. Remember how you screamed about deficits and debt during the Obama years, but now are totally silent, mute.

Was it necessary to pass a tax cut which almost exclusively benefits the wealthy, while adding trillions to our debt and deficits. Remember how you screamed about deficits and debt during the Obama years, but now are totally silent, mute.

Unlike you I have no problem allowing anyone to keep more of what they earn regardless of class, why is this a problem for you? Sounds like jealousy to me. You think that all the problems facing this country can be solved by raising taxes on the rich? I screamed about the trillion dollar deficits during the Obama years created because of poor economic policies and poor job creation, 6 million in 8 years isn't a success and further the Trump deficits for 2018 include the mandatory entitlement spending increases as well as debt service of over 500 billion on the debt he inherited.

For some reason you have no problem giving more tax dollars to the federal bureaucrats who created the 21 trillion dollar debt and totally ignore the benefit of tax cuts to the other taxes you want to ignore like excise taxes for infrastructure, FICA taxes for SS and Medicare, along with the record dollars being contributed to charities and the bonuses, pay increases, 401k and insurance boosts due to corporate tax cuts. Seems there never is any consequences accepted for failed liberal economics

Unlike you I have no problem allowing anyone to keep more of what they earn regardless of class, why is this a problem for you? Sounds like jealousy to me. You think that all the problems facing this country can be solved by raising taxes on the rich? I screamed about the trillion dollar deficits during the Obama years created because of poor economic policies and poor job creation, 6 million in 8 years isn't a success and further the Trump deficits for 2018 include the mandatory entitlement spending increases as well as debt service of over 500 billion on the debt he inherited.

For some reason you have no problem giving more tax dollars to the federal bureaucrats who created the 21 trillion dollar debt and totally ignore the benefit of tax cuts to the other taxes you want to ignore like excise taxes for infrastructure, FICA taxes for SS and Medicare, along with the record dollars being contributed to charities and the bonuses, pay increases, 401k and insurance boosts due to corporate tax cuts. Seems there never is any consequences accepted for failed liberal economics

You lie about anything and everything.

the long term affect remains to be seen especially with the new Mexico and Canadian Trade deal, but keep promoting that negativity as we have had trade deficits for decades

Aside from the fact that it's common sense that the tax cuts will widen the trade deficit, we've already seen the trade deficit widen over the past year. You want to attack China for increasing trade deficits when in reality Trump and the GOP's tax cuts do exactly what you're whining about.

China concerns me the most as they have been bullying us on trade for many years and were a critical part of our last recession.

Actually I was thinking of China to start with. No pain...no gain.

Sometimes one needs to punch a bully to get him off your back. It might hurt but the endless bullying will stop.

1. Explain how China has been "bullying us on trade"
2. Explain how increasing taxes on US citizens is a great way to retaliate against China for this "bullying"

So why would you support tariffs that increase costs to US consumers, allowing them to keep less of what they earn?

1. Explain how China has been "bullying us on trade"
2. Explain how increasing taxes on US citizens is a great way to retaliate against China for this "bullying"

"China requires that US companies transfer their tech to Chinese companies in order to gain access to their markets."

and

China—Not Wall Street—Caused 2008 Crisis: Study

It is not a great way...I have not seen anyone say this is a great way. I would like to hear any alternatives you might present regardless.

I know how difficult it is to face facts, but the one fact you cant hide is that this market has done nothing since about the 2nd week of January. Thats close to 9 months. I will wait for you to spin that.

yes you prove again you don't know what you are talking about.
January 2nd the market was 24.8k even after the down turn it is still at.
25.3k if you sold off before it was at 26.8k

so your argument that the market has done nothing in 9 months is bull****.

market corrections are expect and that is exactly what this is a market correction.
this is typical market behavior and in a few days it will rally.

Market correction? Or the result of his stupid trade war

yes you prove again you don't know what you are talking about.
January 2nd the market was 24.8k even after the down turn it is still at.
25.3k if you sold off before it was at 26.8k

so your argument that the market has done nothing in 9 months is bull****.

Lets say it again lady, since the 2nd week of January the market has done nothing, and is quite close to being down for the entire year to date. now, thats something for you to be proud of. All we have to show for it are the massive deficits run up by trump and the give away to the wealthy.

Market correction? Or the result of his stupid trade war

market correction due to interest rates going on up and treasuries hitting 3%.
This isn't a mass exodus out of the market. it has mostly been the tech sector that has taken
the biggest hit.

Lets say it again lady, since the 2nd week of January the market has done nothing, and is quite close to being down for the entire year to date. now, thats something for you to be proud of. All we have to show for it are the massive deficits run up by trump and the give away to the wealthy.

Again i am a guy. just a note to you every time you call me a lady i will report it.
i just proved you wrong with actual facts.

the market has moved at least 2k points up since january 2nd.

Again i am a guy. just a note to you every time you call me a lady i will report it.

The market was 24,824 on Jan 2nd and 25,176 right now. Where or where are your 2000 points? Its not even up 300 pinpoints for the year.

today's stock market is the most overvalued on record.

GOP-depression.jpg

That is an interesting headline: "The last time Republicans got control of the Oval Office, the House and the Senate; 1928. The Great Depression began a year later".

:doh

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.

WHCliff.jpg

market correction due to interest rates going on up and treasuries hitting 3%.
This isn't a mass exodus out of the market. it has mostly been the tech sector that has taken
the biggest hit.

When equity markets typically selloff, the flow is into fixed incomes and primarily U.S. Treasury securities, thereby lowering yields. What's happening now is very strange, and i would caution anyone making the claim of "typical market correction". Global equity markets and the financial systems that govern them are in deep uncharted territory.

Aside from the fact that it's common sense that the tax cuts will widen the trade deficit, we've already seen the trade deficit widen over the past year. You want to attack China for increasing trade deficits when in reality Trump and the GOP's tax cuts do exactly what you're whining about.

Common sense tells me that opinions don't trump actual data and facts, post the treasury data showing tax cuts reducing revenue. I know that China appreciates your support. China has had a trade surplus with us for years why doesn't that bother you?

So why would you support tariffs that increase costs to US consumers, allowing them to keep less of what they earn?

Because trade deficits hurt American businesses and American business hire Americans and affects wages and benefits

Market closed above 26,000 in mid-January. As of today it is hanging at just above 25,000.

Market closed above 26,000 in mid-January. As of today it is hanging at just above 25,000.

You haven't seen anything yet if the Democrats retake Congress, what is their economic plan again?

Common sense tells me that opinions don't trump actual data and facts, post the treasury data showing tax cuts reducing revenue. I know that China appreciates your support. China has had a trade surplus with us for years why doesn't that bother you?

Tax cuts that boost consumption will widen the trade deficit. That's a simple fact. It's not an opinion.

You don't use mid january as the starting point for the year.
January 2nd is the starting point of the year.

in which it was at the numbers i posted above.
nothing i said was incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom