• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Still relevant on police brutality

RabidAlpaca

Engineer
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What I think much of the American right forgets is that this police brutality issue isn't just isolated freak accidents, it's been this way for decades and the recent killings have just been the match on the powder keg that already existed. This problem is systemic and historical.

I find it more than a little disturbing that many in this forum claim police officers have the right to blast anybody the second they feel threatened, even if that person is unarmed and not attacking him. Disturbing, but not surprising. The following scene from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the 90s has become even more relevant:

4mv93qy525k51.jpg

What I think much of the American right forgets is that this police brutality issue isn't just isolated freak accidents, it's been this way for decades and the recent killings have just been the match on the powder keg that already existed. This problem is systemic and historical.

I find it more than a little disturbing that many in this forum claim police officers have the right to blast anybody the second they feel threatened, even if that person is unarmed and not attacking him. Disturbing, but not surprising. The following scene from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the 90s has become even more relevant:

As the saying goes, racism isn't getting worse: It's getting filmed.

4mv93qy525k51.jpg

Yeah, the left has been supporting black criminals for a long time.

Yeah, the left has been supporting black criminals for a long time.

The thread is about black people in America being terrified of being blasted by cops for no reason. It's been that way for a long time and you couldn't care less. We're not talking about criminals. Stay on topic or start your own thread.

Why didn’t you all say all this was on a sitcom sooner? Now I hate cops too. Grrrr.

4mv93qy525k51.jpg

You couldn’t even be bother to crop your meme, a virtue signaling low effort post

Why didn’t you all say all this was on a sitcom sooner? Now I hate cops too. Grrrr.

It just goes to show this wasn't some freak, isolated incident. This was a topical joke 30 years ago. It's been happening for a very long time. You and your ilk intentionally deny this.

You couldn’t even be bother to crop your meme, a virtue signaling low effort post

Your laziness and inability to counter any of my points is noted.

The thread is about black people in America being terrified of being blasted by cops for no reason. It's been that way for a long time and you couldn't care less. We're not talking about criminals. Stay on topic or start your own thread.

Have they considered not attacking cops? That might reduce their mortality risk.

The thread is about black people who are shot unarmed and not attacking cops. You lie because you have an agenda.

Have you started a thread about jackalopes?

Have you started a thread about jackalopes?

You can't address the actual topic of the thread so you attempt to childishly distract. Hard pass. Innocent black people in America shouldn't have to be terrified of interacting with cops.

As the saying goes, racism isn't getting worse: It's getting filmed.
Bingo! :thumbs:

Ditto for police malfeasance.

In my city, for decades it was a felony to film the police! Do you believe it? A felony! Until recently. Now, all-of-a-sudden there's been a plethora of police excessive force incidents captured on film. Gee, wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom