• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Still no 1/6 consequences for members of Congress or Trump

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What's the hangup? No evidence?

I haven’t paid any attention to the 1-6 hearings; I consider them bias as does 58% of all Americans. Now the FBI I trust. Congress and these hearings regardless of which party holds them, I don’t. They’re done for partisan reasons. The FBI has arrested more than 775 and 225 has been found guilty with more trials to come. So, this is the tip of the iceberg.

I consider the 1-6 hears nothing more than partisan, political, public theater. It is my opinion congress should have let the FBI do its job and kept politics out of it. The FBI works slowly mainly because they want their ducks in order.

Maybe no evidence.

Or maybe serious consideration for the reputation of the United States and for the consequences in this nation if a former President who earned more than 70,000,000 votes were forced to do the perp walk.

Personally, I am thankful to the Attorney General for weighing all the factors before making a decision.

Maybe no evidence.

Or maybe serious consideration for the reputation of the United States and for the consequences in this nation if a former President who earned more than 70,000,000 votes were forced to do the perp walk.

Personally, I am thankful to the Attorney General for weighing all the factors before making a decision.
And if the Attorney General weights all the factors before ultimately deciding to prosecute Trump, then I’m sure you’ll support that decision.

Cant help but wonder if the shithead leftists that actually believe Trump should be arrested for holding a rally and literally calling for peaceful protests dont feel at least a little bit like the piece of shit hypocrites they are for advocating for, excusing, justifying, and even calling for riots, violence, and blood in the streets.

Conservatives crowed for months after 1/6 that there was no conspiracy related to the attack on the Capitol. Then the Proud Boys leader, Enrique Tarrio, and five others were charged with conspiracy.

So, until the DOJ comes out with a statement that all charges have been filed related to 1/6, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

The problem with congress investigating themselves has been a problem for too many years.....

And with more than 800 alleged Insurrectionists this will take time. And of course some participants are behind bars.....

There had to be substantial insider participation ....... who want Trump back for pardons.

I agree. Why isn't Nancy being held responsible for her actions that concern 1/6?

No insurrection.

The problem with congress investigating themselves has been a problem for too many years.....
This I give you.

And with more than 800 alleged Insurrectionists this will take time.
There are not hundreds of alleged insurrectionists. That's just spin and smoke.

And of course some participants are behind bars.....
There are people who committed crimes but in the vein of interfering with official business.

There had to be substantial insider participation
This is new. Is there any shred of evidence to back it up?

....... who want Trump back for pardons
It might be because he was a better President, as any sane person can see.

Conservatives crowed for months after 1/6 that there was no conspiracy related to the attack on the Capitol. Then the Proud Boys leader, Enrique Tarrio, and five others were charged with conspiracy.

So, until the DOJ comes out with a statement that all charges have been filed related to 1/6, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.
well if they had a plan to take over and try to forcefully overturn the election then those involved should get what is coming to them. I want to see the evidence first though, before making a judgement.

but the other 750 people involved at the riots are not responsible for their actions though.

Maybe no evidence.

If there really is an issue, and the AG does not prosecute for political reasons, the precedent set would be a truly dangerous one.

Cant help but wonder if the shithead leftists that actually believe Trump should be arrested for holding a rally and literally calling for peaceful protests dont feel at least a little bit like the piece of shit hypocrites they are for advocating for, excusing, justifying, and even calling for riots, violence, and blood in the streets.

Yeah, ain't that the truth.......but we're not supposed to talk about that.

Nobody cares about this. It was a bunch of wackos that broke into the capitol.
It wasn't Trump or Republican's doing.
But keep wasting time on this while the country sinks lower and lower because of leftist policies.
It serves to emphasize your gross incompetence.

Maybe no evidence.

Your consideration of “consequences” if DOJ charged Trump is completely ass backwards.

The most influential/powerful country ever to exist holding a former president accountable for illegal actions would present the best possible example of no person being above the law in America.

You’re forgetting that the 1/6 committee’s investigation isn’t solely focused on the events of January 6th, 2021.

What exactly are the "consequences" you are referring to, and what would you expect to occur while an investigation is ongoing?
And what is the "members of congress" comment about?

Perhaps to point out how stupid the general premise is, let me put in the context of something you folks seem to know quite a bit about:

Still no consequences for Hunter Biden regarding his dealings with Ukraine. What's the problem? No evidence?

Still no consequences for Hunter Biden regarding his dealings with Ukraine. What's the problem? No evidence?
That was just Russian disinformation. Nothing to investigate.

Yes, you've identified the problem.

100's of accusations by the left over 6 years and Trump hasn't seen the inside of a courtroom for a single one.

Meanwhile Avanati and Cohen have gone off to prison. because evidence.

Yes, you've identified the problem.

100's of accusations by the left over 6 years and Trump hasn't seen the inside of a courtroom for a single one.

Meanwhile Avanati and Cohen have gone off to prison. because evidence.
Trump has the honor of being the president with the most associates and administration members charged with crimes since Ronald Reagan.

Trump has the honor
And he's going to be elected POTUS again.

of being the president with the most associates and administration members charged with crimes since Ronald Reagan.

Yeah, for process crimes created by Mueller.

Back
Top Bottom