• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Still believe in Santa at your age? Trump ignites Twitter storm

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...age-trump-ignites-twitter-storm-idUSKCN1OO0RC

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump set off a Christmas social media storm when he asked whether a 7-year-old was too old to believe in Santa Claus, capping a week of plunging stocks, a government shutdown and the U.S. defense chief’s unceremonious departure.

Twitter lit up like a Christmas tree after Trump made his remark during a holiday event with first lady Melania Trump, taking calls from children calling the North American Aerospace Defense Command Santa tracker.
======================================
What an boorish, insensitive bozo.

Now if he’d said there’s no such thing as God or Baby Jesus, many upset at this wouldn’t have an issue with it.

Thread # 2 on this very important issue and adding to the daily dose of " why I hate Trump". Since it seems that he is disliked by so many, and regardless of what he does or says, he might as well be himself.

Wow, he asked a question that's asked in just about every kids holiday special these days. :roll:

But, it's Trump, so the TDS crew is going to act D.

Wow, he asked a question that's asked in just about every kids holiday special these days. :roll:

But, it's Trump, so the TDS crew is going to act D.

I can picture Trump sitting there, listening to the kids and speaking off the cuff. When I picture Obama or Clinton, I see them surrounded by consultants holding up cue cards.

Trump is a disaster when he wings it & goes off script. The main reason he got elected was his staff forced him to use the teleprompter.

Now if he’d said there’s no such thing as God or Baby Jesus, many upset at this wouldn’t have an issue with it.
Well, basing your thinking on evidence and reality is usually considered a good thing, so that is understandable.

But it's Christmas, which is generally agreed to be a time when it's OK for children to have their imaginary friends.

I can picture Trump sitting there, listening to the kids and speaking off the cuff. When I picture Obama or Clinton, I see them surrounded by consultants holding up cue cards.

Obama could wing it with little kids in a heart beat, anyone who has seen him interact with his own daughters could tell you that.

Now if we examine how Trump chooses to interact with his daughter...

donald-ivanka-trump-throwback-photo-ftr-1.jpg

...not so much...

CJmEQ04VEAAYcAq.png-large.png

Would you seriously want this guy associating with your child? The guy who bragged about being a perverted peeping Tom, and adults who now say that as children, Trump did this with them as well?

Peeping Don: Trump spied on teens, beauty queens say - The Guardian

It really shows the power of money, because you try do a perverted peeping Tom act like that without being rich, and you're restricted from having anything to do with children. At least in Canada.

Last edited:
Well, basing your thinking on evidence and reality is usually considered a good thing, so that is understandable.

But it's Christmas, which is generally agreed to be a time when it's OK for children to have their imaginary friends.

Just as I said....

Just as I said....

Sorry, I was saying that imo children should be allowed to have imaginary friends at Christmas. Santa, the Grinch, Elves, Baby Jesus, whatever.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was saying that imo children should be allowed to have imaginary friends at Christmas. Santa, the Grinch, Elves, Baby Jesus, whatever.

You’d really be just as critical of Trump if he told a child Jesus wasn’t real?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...age-trump-ignites-twitter-storm-idUSKCN1OO0RC

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump set off a Christmas social media storm when he asked whether a 7-year-old was too old to believe in Santa Claus, capping a week of plunging stocks, a government shutdown and the U.S. defense chief’s unceremonious departure.

Twitter lit up like a Christmas tree after Trump made his remark during a holiday event with first lady Melania Trump, taking calls from children calling the North American Aerospace Defense Command Santa tracker.
Why do we care about this.

This is newsworthy...why?

You’d really be just as critical of Trump if he told a child Jesus wasn’t real?

I can sincerely say yes.

IMO Christmas Eve is not the time to dash children's dreams.

Why do we care about this.

You have to admit, it's pretty funny. What kind of a buffoon question's Santa's existence to a child on Christmas Eve?

You have to admit, it's pretty funny. What kind of a buffoon question's Santa's existence to a child on Christmas Eve?

Trump.

He's in his own class.

Back
Top Bottom