• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stewart Rally Pictures

Zyphlin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Alright, uploaded all the pictures I managed to take at the Stewart rally but posting a few of my favorites here. First, some in line with the ACTUAL theme:

zyphlin-albums-zyph-s-album-picture67112889-cimg0056.jpg

zyphlin-albums-zyph-s-album-picture67112898-cimg0051.jpg

zyphlin-albums-zyph-s-album-picture67112868-cimg0082.jpg

Don't worry though, the conspiracy theorists were out there too

zyphlin-albums-zyph-s-album-picture67112863-cimg0087.jpg

zyphlin-albums-zyph-s-album-picture67112893-cimg0046.jpg

zyphlin-albums-zyph-s-album-picture67112870-cimg0053.jpg

The two "inmates" above with the "I didn't do it" signs were carrying a giant elephant that read "9/11 truth, the elephant in the room"

Most of the signs I have seen/read seem to be pretty funny. But of course as some of your pictures show the retards still show up that think the rally is just talking about the other side. Sadly not everyone can be helped.

Some of the fun ones not pictured...

A number of "MY SIGN IS LARGE" type ones. One that read "I guess I really could've been more imaginative with this sign....". There was also a man walking around like he was holding a sign, but NOT holding anything..that got some decent reactions.

There were numerous banana's, people dressed up as Mad Hatters, a juggernaut (Who proclaimed that he was here to restore sanity. Why? Because, He's the Juggernaut, BITCH) to go with Magneto, a gumby collision to elect gumby including his horse, and a number of people in various stages of dressing as a panda bear (WTF, seriously? You go to a Colbert March dressed as a BEAR?! You sir are not American, and you get a wag of the finger).

Also got handed some thing from NARAL, including a "who to vote for" type of pamplet. I gave it back to them and informed them that, much in the spirit of this rally, I actually think for myself rather than mindlessly following who a special interest that is funded for political reasons tells me I should vote for. I also told them I didn't want to litter or cause them to waste money so they can have it back to give someone that wants it.

Best idea of the day that I saw however was someone carrying around a white board so they could continually make new signs.

There were a good bit of other funny ones as well, such as one you can barely see at the bottom left of the last picture, which was a "Hope" poster with "COWBELL" instead and Obama playing a cowbell. I wish I could remember all the funny ones but typically I was laughing and walking after those where as I was playing "Liberal activist at a tea party" for a day and was enjoying snapping pictures of others while proclaiming in a happy loud voice "WOO! This Non-Partisanship rocks!"

The StormTrooper was awesome :lol:

As I said in the other thread....

Out of the area I was at for 2 hours I'd probably say the sign breakdown was...

50% or so were either neutrally humorous, attacking of both sides, or were just random (Such as the dude carrying around the "HAS ANYONE SEEN MY CAR KEYS" sign)
45% or so were left leaning ones attacking the right or promoting democrats
5% or so were right leaning ones or attacking democrats

There definitely was a good turn out of people that understood what this was supposed to be and embraced it. There were also a lot though that either didn't understand it and actually acted in the exact opposite way that this thing was supposed to be urging people to act, OR knew full well what its intent was but also realized that it was going to be a primarily liberal event anyways so figured they'd take advantage.

There was also a group of girls there giving out "Mushroom Stamps" (literally, stamps that were of mushrooms) and another group that were giving out "FREE HUGS" while stating that they do not support Justin Bieber.

I commend those ladies.

Oh, that reminds me of one I did actually laugh my ass off to...

A girl walking down the street with a sign with O'Donnell's face that said "I masturbate to Christine O'donnell"

:lamo:lamo

That is awesome!

Yeah, the LULZ face was around a fair bit and Reddit robots were EVERYWHERE.

There was also a group of girls there giving out "Mushroom Stamps" (literally, stamps that were of mushrooms) and another group that were giving out "FREE HUGS" while stating that they do not support Justin Bieber.

I commend those ladies.

The Free Hugs people show up now everywhere the Westboro Baptist Church does. It's pretty nice. They go around to people who are obviously starting to get upset and give them a hug. Truly amazing people.

Thanks for the pics and detailed posts. That white board is a brilliant idea:)

Oh, that reminds me of one I did actually laugh my ass off to...

A girl walking down the street with a sign with O'Donnell's face that said "I masturbate to Christine O'donnell"

i should get her phone number.

Back
Top Bottom