• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steven Colbert on Rand Paul

iacardsfan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/428994/september-11-2013/america-s-got-serious-reservations-about-this---syria---rand-paul[/video]

Just found this hilarious and couldn't find anywhere to put it. This is why I could never be a republican.

click

I've been looking for somewhere to use this all day.

I've been looking for somewhere to use these all day too. ;)

obama commander.jpg

obama jacket.jpg

obama turbin.jpg

obama umbrella.jpg

[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/428994/september-11-2013/america-s-got-serious-reservations-about-this---syria---rand-paul[/video]

Just found this hilarious and couldn't find anywhere to put it. This is why I could never be a republican.

you couldn't be a Republican because a comedian would be dishonest about your position on an issue?.... ok.... makes sense.

The reason you could never be a republican is that you listen to a comedian who takes snippets out of context and you think it's news.

you couldn't be a Republican because a comedian would be dishonest about your position on an issue?.... ok.... makes sense.

so youre telling me that you don't find the republican party and their policies contradictory...

The reason you could never be a republican is that you listen to a comedian who takes snippets out of context and you think it's news.

So are you denying the fact that the republican party is very contradictory. Obviously I don't base my political views on a satirist.

so youre telling me that you don't find the republican party and their policies contradictory...

first, I thought we were talking about Rand Paul?..... I mean, the clip you brought us was entirely about him...are we shifting playing fields now?

2nd, Rand was not being contradictory.... oh sure, he was made out to be , but if we actually look at his position , we can see he is not.
he is, as a matter of fact and record, supportive of the diplomatic solution..with the usual reasonable caveat of "trust, but verify".

3rd, within the GOP, there are certainly contradictions on the issue... just as there is within the Democratic party.
there is no party platform, for either party, on the matter.... individuals in both parties do indeed come to different conclusions.

for a comedy sketch, it was ok.. kinda funny.... unfortunately, folks like yourself bring this sort of comedy to us in a different light.. one of a valid political argument, and it most certainly is not.

first, I thought we were talking about Rand Paul?..... I mean, the clip you brought us was entirely about him...are we shifting playing fields now?

2nd, Rand was not being contradictory.... oh sure, he was made out to be , but if we actually look at his position , we can see he is not.
he is, as a matter of fact and record, supportive of the diplomatic solution..with the usual reasonable caveat of "trust, but verify".

3rd, within the GOP, there are certainly contradictions on the issue... just as there is within the Democratic party.
there is no party platform, for either party, on the matter.... individuals in both parties do indeed come to different conclusions.

for a comedy sketch, it was ok.. kinda funny.... unfortunately, folks like yourself bring this sort of comedy to us in a different light.. one of a valid political argument, and it most certainly is not.

sorry next time I will put a spoiler on for people that don't have a sense of humor.

sorry next time I will put a spoiler on for people that don't have a sense of humor.

do you need an English to English translator?
"for a comedy sketch, it was ok... kinda funny"... those are my words.

if you want to bring comedy to us all.. great... choose the proper forum next time

So are you denying the fact that the republican party is very contradictory. Obviously I don't base my political views on a satirist.

Well you started the thread as if it were actually political commentary so what are we supposed to think of you.

I look at the two parties something like Lewis Black, as long as we are on comedians. Republicans come along and say "I have a ****ty idea." and the Democrats come behind and say, "and here's how we can make it even ****tier." If you are going to quote a comedian, quote a good one.

do you need an English to English translator?
"for a comedy sketch, it was ok... kinda funny"... those are my words.

if you want to bring comedy to us all.. great... choose the proper forum next time

I clearly stated: I "couldn't find anywhere to put it"

if you would guide me to the correct forum I would love to not burden you with similar things in the future.

I clearly stated: I "couldn't find anywhere to put it"

if you would guide me to the correct forum I would love to not burden you with similar things in the future.

" Off topic discussions " forum... "on the lighter side" subforum
:)

you being polite makes my job of being an asshole that much harder... please, cease and desist!

hey, without people to hate this forum would be no fun.

I don't get it. Being skeptical of Russia, who is notorious for being deceptive in these matters, is equivalent to thinking your hair is a meerkat? Also, isn't the whole "either your for action or you're condoning the regime's actions" the same logic that has been used so many times in the past to justify military action in places where the left has had obvious opposition? It makes no sense. I would've thought with the right's embrace of Paul thinking on war the country would be united now more than ever on the issue, yet it seems for some reason a large segment of the left now want to engage in the same behavior just a few years ago they heavily criticized.

Would you say acknowledging a crazy cannibalistic leader who eats his citizens is bad and needs to be held accountable but not wanting to side with nazis in order to remove him is contradictory?

Regardless of how few of the rebels are, at the moment, open radicals, we have found time and time again that our intervention in the middle east where it doesn't concern us has only made motivation for the anti-american element in these countries.

Colbert is the champion of the low info crowd.

Haha lol that would be Glen Beck!!! Or any Republican for that matter. You guys actually think Rand is good for President. Maybe if you wear a whitehood, burncrosses and want to go back 1950 or for that matter 1700

Back
Top Bottom