• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Scalise Honored Guest at White Supremicist Convention?

Bob N

Weekend Political Pundit
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't know how true this information is, but if it is true you would think the GOP would have learned from the David Duke ordeal. What does everyone else believe?

GOP’s New House Majority Whip Was ‘Honored Guest’ At 2002 White Supremacist Convention

After Eric Cantor’s career-ending defeat in his primary race, the Republican Party scrambled to pick a new Majority Whip. They settled on Steve Scalise (R-LA) a relatively young congressman who had little experience, but was carried through by overwhelming support from fellow Southerners who wanted one of “their guys” in the role. Today, two things become clear: Scalise is a friend of the white supremacist movement and Republican leaders are probably really wishing they vetted the guy a bit more.

The United States House Majority Whip is a role that is perhaps one of the most powerful in Washington. Despite a relatively brief tenure in Congress, Scalise has poised himself as a bit of a rising star in the Republican Party. However, he also seems to have quite a few fans in the white power movement....

Right wing Republicans involved with white supremacists? Surely you jest!

So what, Sharpton has Obamas' ear.
Left-wing stays left-wing; no new news there; this is just like Dick Cheney is more comfortable appearing on Fox News than any other news channel, but what does this have to do with my thread on Steve Scalise? :shrug:

Left-wing stays left-wing; no new news there; this is just like Dick Cheney is more comfortable appearing on Fox News than any other news channel, but what does this have to do with my thread on Steve Scalise? :shrug:

You played a race bait post, I raised you a race baiter in the White House.

Reminds me of this...

blm140327_zps9a706104.gif

But then again, this is from some blog ... so I would be very suspicious of any information that hasn't already been picked up by the liberal rags.

You played a race bait post, I raised you a race baiter in the White House.
I'm sorry but you lost me. I didn't know that Al Sharpton or Barrack Obama were supremacists. :roll:

I don't know how true this information is, but if it is true you would think the GOP would have learned from the David Duke ordeal. What does everyone else believe?

GOP’s New House Majority Whip Was ‘Honored Guest’ At 2002 White Supremacist Convention

muck·rak·ing
ˈməkˌrākiNG/Submit
noun
the action of searching out and publicizing scandalous information about famous people in an underhanded way.
"candidacy was threatened by her opponent's muckraking"

muck·rak·ing
ˈməkˌrākiNG/Submit
noun
the action of searching out and publicizing scandalous information about famous people in an underhanded way.
"candidacy was threatened by her opponent's muckraking"
I should start my own news organization and compete with Fox News, CNN and MSNBC, right? :2razz:

You couldn't do any worse, though CNN does have bourdain... he's entertaining.
I agree with you on Bourdain, but O'Reilly is even better when he throws a fit. ;) :lol:

I'm sorry but you lost me. I didn't know that Al Sharpton or Barrack Obama were supremacists. :roll:

Youtube Sharptons speech on how far advanced blacks were than whites, greeks and so on. Very telling.

Youtube Sharptons speech on how far advanced blacks were than whites, greeks and so on. Very telling.
Seeing that it's your part of the debate, I'll let you perform that task. And one must understand that Sharpton does not hold a public office, too. ;)

Seeing that it's your part of the debate, I'll let you perform that task. And one must understand that Sharpton does not hold a public office, too. ;)

That's worse him being a white house adviser.

I agree with you on Bourdain, but O'Reilly is even better when he throws a fit. ;) :lol:

what I don't get about O'reilly is how the left foams over him being some kind of ultra-conservative. He's barely a moderate republican

How long do you have to hear him bash all races and peoples?
It's not about length; it's about the speech in it's entirety; it's about detail.

I believe that if you lay down with dogs you get fleas. :roll:

Wait, the someone made a claim on stormfront and said this:

"Steve Scalise, discussed ways to oversee gross mismanagement of tax revenue or “slush funds” that have little or no accountability. Representative Scalise brought into sharp focus the dire circumstances pervasive in many important, under-funded needs of the community at the expense of graft within the Housing and Urban Development Fund, an apparent give-away to a selective group based on race."

if true, where is the racist part? I may have missed it.

Muckraking.

I believe that if you lay down with dogs you get fleas. :roll:
True. I'm wondering if Scalise will be permitted to speak at the next Presidential Convention, or if it will be something like "he's not going to be available because of prior commitments". :hitsfan:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom