• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Lonegan for the U.S. Senate special election in New Jersey, October 2013

Tothian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm unofficially helping Steve Lonegan's campaign for U.S. Senate.

Here are his campaign websites.

Steve Lonegan for U.S. Senate —

Please also be sure to Like/Follow these pages too!

www.twitter.com/Lonegan

www.twitter.com/LoneganForNJ

LoneganForSenate - YouTube

www.facebook.com/LoneganForSenate

He was the Mayor of Bogota, NJ from 1995 to 2007, and since 2006, he was the NJ State Director of Americans For Prosperity. He also has a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management. He is an advocate for smaller government, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberty.

He's made his every position crystal clear. He's extremely honest, and isn't afraid to address the most controversial questions. He's brilliant, overwhelmingly confident, hilarious, and entertaining when he speaks. He's even held public prayers outside of schools that banned public prayer.

He's one of the most inspirational politicians I've ever known.

His opponent, Cory Booker, I believe isn't as "heroic" as the liberal media shows him to be. He's done some good things, but other things were said to have in reality only been media stunts for the purpose of publicizing and promoting himself. Someone donated $100 million to Newark's public schools, and the residents have stated that not one dime had went to help the students. But supposedly it had went to help Cory Booker with political consultants, and mailings.

BookerFAIL: Cory Booker Fails

I'd be happy to discuss this campaign with anyone here, answering questions to the best of my ability, or discuss this with you all.

Fellow New Jerseyan here.
Not a Booker fan at all. Publicity hound with a terrible record.
But Lonegan is no better, with his anti-gay comments about Booker and his extreme conservatism.
But I'm a moderate, I'll never be happy with my election choices.

But I'm a moderate, I'll never be happy with my election choices.

But you have C. Christie, the only moderate in a 2016 Repub POTUS field filled with fright-wingtards.

I love how he's dissing Rank Paul by not attending the rally Paul is attending for Lonegan.

Christie's not really a moderate, unless shrinking the number of people on the state's payroll and taking on the teacher's unions is moderate. (That being said, I'm a huge fan of those things.) On social issues he's moderate (banned conversion therapy but opposes gay marriage, signed a bunch of gun control stuff but vetoed others too, etc.)
But although Rand Paul deserves a good round of insults, Christie apparently had a prior commitment with his wife, and clearly that should come first.

Back
Top Bottom