• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve King,Sean Hannity and Bill O'Rielly spewing racism.[W:171]

Re: Steve King,Sean Hannity and Bill O'Rielly spewing racism.

Let me repeat that I believe most people who talk about racism are racists. My wife is a Fox News addict. She has it on all the time. I can't stand Hannity but do watch O'Riley from time to time. I've never heard a racist remark from him. I can only guess that racists are reading things into what he says.

Oh but illegal aliens has nothing to do with race, right? Look, you have your opinions and I have mine. That's the way it goes.
Have a nice weekend.

the difference is I can logically defend my position ...

Oh but illegal aliens has nothing to do with race, right? Look, you have your opinions and I have mine. That's the way it goes.
Have a nice weekend.

And in the liberal mind when law enforcement uses data gathered scientifically (called statistics) to identify potential law breakers it's called racism.

Let me repeat that I believe most people who talk about racism are racists. My wife is a Fox News addict. She has it on all the time. I can't stand Hannity but do watch O'Riley from time to time. I've never heard a racist remark from him. I can only guess that racists are reading things into what he says.
I think what it is, is that the race baiters call anything a conservative says, racist, if they disagree.

I think what it is, is that the race baiters call anything a conservative says, racist, if they disagree.

yeah, that's it ... gotta be that ... What else could it be?

yeah, that's it ... gotta be that ... What else could it be?

yeah...I guess that's why any time someone says "Obama is a ****ty POTUS because he's a liberal"....people like you call them a racist.

yeah...I guess that's why any time someone says "Obama is a ****ty POTUS because he's a liberal"....people like you call them a racist.

LOL!!!! I already printed this one out and put it in my scrap book. First, why would someone be a bad president because s/he is a liberal? Can't you be a liberal and be a good president? Second, I don't think he's that great of a president, but few are ... but if the criticism takes the form of "he wasn't born here," "he's not really one of us," "he's a Kenyan," "he's a Muslim," "he's the food stamp president," etc., then yes, I do suspect a touch of racism ... but if you don't like his policies, etc., why shouldn't you criticize him? In fact, I think that Obama has actually been helped some against this kind of criticism by the racists and those who blame him for everything under the sun ... when legitimate criticism is made, many people don't listen ... remember the boy who cried wolf?

btw ... what's the significance of this - you never know what a monkey might do to a child - Why do you have it up? Is it about keeping chimps as pets?

Steve King (R-Iowa) is not a horror auther but he might as well be for the GOP. His little remark about 90% of illegal immagrants being drug mules and having huge calves. He said they weigh 130 pounds and pack 70 pounds of pot across the border. First of all most pot is grown in the good old USA and Mexican pot is not as good. I like all pot of all grades and Steve King does not know what he is talking about. His own party has turned against him and he is too big a coward to talk to the media now they he has spewed his racist bile. No wonder the Hispanic vote is a majority for the Dem's.

Now Hannity and O'Rielly are not in office and they have their right to free speach even if it is racist bile but they have many listeners. What they are doing is hiding their racism behind their so called war against community activist like Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson. Using this ruse they think they can get away with spewing the most hatefull crap and now with the uotrage over the Zimmerman trial they have been attacking blacks at every turn. I agree there are issues in the black community but these right wing idiots are spewing hate at every turn. It is time for the right wing to stop being the new KKK or in other words the party of white people unles they don't ever want to win the Whitehouse again.

It's pretty disturbing. I've been seeing quite a few Republicans blasting King for his racist outbursts. I don't think he's smart enough to understand how stupid he comes off. It's just ignorance on steroids. I think they realize he isn't doing them or the Party any favors. He's a disgusting character and I can't imagine why the people of Iowa would keep him in office. As for Hannity, when Michael Savage says he's way over-the-top, you have to think about what's going on in his small mind. O'Reilly has always been willing to pander to the worst elements of the society. He always looks for ways to justify his bigotry, and a lot of hard right people love it. With the media guys it translates into $$. But with King...he just needs to go away.

Ever notice that it's the liberal trolls on the board that keep churning out "racism" threads?

Ironic.

Ever notice how it's the right wingers that are always turning out racist threads? Do you really think that it won't go unnoticed? Get off the racist commentary and you'll see it disappear. It's really that simple. Nobody's going to look the other way when it's at the core of a conservative argument.

That's because conservatives keep churning out racism.

Ever notice how conservatives never have the courage to denounce the racist rhetoric of their fellow travellers, and instead try to deflect. Ironic.

Yeah. It would be so easy for a conservative to denounce racism, and focus on their other priorities. But they don't. Their own silence speaks volumes.

I forgot fags japs chinks red skins transgendered hillbillies and any one else not like me

Steve, I think you've been out in the sun too long. This is way over the top and not something I've ever seen from you. Is there some point you're attempting to make here?

LOL!!!! I already printed this one out and put it in my scrap book. First, why would someone be a bad president because s/he is a liberal? Can't you be a liberal and be a good president? Second, I don't think he's that great of a president, but few are ... but if the criticism takes the form of "he wasn't born here," "he's not really one of us," "he's a Kenyan," "he's a Muslim," "he's the food stamp president," etc., then yes, I do suspect a touch of racism ... but if you don't like his policies, etc., why shouldn't you criticize him? In fact, I think that Obama has actually been helped some against this kind of criticism by the racists and those who blame him for everything under the sun ... when legitimate criticism is made, many people don't listen ... remember the boy who cried wolf?

1. "he wasn't born here," "he's not really one of us," "he's a Kenyan,": not racist, the birthers would be saying the same thing if he was suspected of being born in Ireland. stupid =/= racist
2. "he's a Muslim: muslim is not a race. nobody squealed "racist" when people kept pointing out that Romney was a mormon :shrug:
3. "he's the food stamp president: fail to see the racism...unless you assume that only black people get food stamps

btw ... what's the significance of this - you never know what a monkey might do to a child - Why do you have it up? Is it about keeping chimps as pets?

it's an old quote from a news story last year about someone's pet chimp that escaped and one of the tards interviewed made the quote. I just haven't found anything better to replace it with and am generally lazy.

Steve King (R-Iowa) is not a horror auther but he might as well be for the GOP. His little remark about 90% of illegal immagrants being drug mules and having huge calves. He said they weigh 130 pounds and pack 70 pounds of pot across the border. First of all most pot is grown in the good old USA and Mexican pot is not as good. I like all pot of all grades and Steve King does not know what he is talking about. His own party has turned against him and he is too big a coward to talk to the media now they he has spewed his racist bile. No wonder the Hispanic vote is a majority for the Dem's.

Now Hannity and O'Rielly are not in office and they have their right to free speach even if it is racist bile but they have many listeners. What they are doing is hiding their racism behind their so called war against community activist like Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson. Using this ruse they think they can get away with spewing the most hatefull crap and now with the uotrage over the Zimmerman trial they have been attacking blacks at every turn. I agree there are issues in the black community but these right wing idiots are spewing hate at every turn. It is time for the right wing to stop being the new KKK or in other words the party of white people unles they don't ever want to win the Whitehouse again.

Fox News merely panders to racists. While Lindsey Graham might lament that not enough Angry Whites remain among us to win the White House for the GOP, they're more than ample to Fox News' need to reach or even surpass their ratings-target, which at any given moment might be 2 of every 100 TV viewers.

While his comment is stupid, I'm not sure it raises to the level of racism. Being that he was specifically talking about Illegal Immigrants. Secondly, where are you getting your information on Pot? Grant it, you might be right, but I would like to see some conformation of that

???? and why do you think this makes some difference? His description of Hispanics as being small, (about 130lbs) with calves the size of cantaloupe's is quite the stereotypical caricature. Look, even Boehner and Cantor recognize that this is a racist comment and has no place in our dialogue. The comment by King was all over the news with video. I'm sure you can find it easily. Try Google. Here, look for yourself.

1. "he wasn't born here," "he's not really one of us," "he's a Kenyan,": not racist, the birthers would be saying the same thing if he was suspected of being born in Ireland. stupid =/= racist
2. "he's a Muslim: muslim is not a race. nobody squealed "racist" when people kept pointing out that Romney was a mormon :shrug:
3. "he's the food stamp president: fail to see the racism...unless you assume that only black people get food stamps

it's an old quote from a news story last year about someone's pet chimp that escaped and one of the tards interviewed made the quote. I just haven't found anything better to replace it with and am generally lazy.

if you want to be taken seriously, avoid writing stuff like you did in #1 - Romney's dad born in Mexico (ran for nomination), McCain born in Panama (you wouda thought that there would've been some extended conversations about that) - Do you think that questions about Obama's birthplace were legit?

#2 is stupid as well since the conversation about Muslims in this country clearly has racial undertones ... or haven't you noticed?

#3 is silly as well - the stereotype of blacks in this country is that they are all on foodstamps ... a lot of foodstamps recipients during Bush - don't recall his being labeled the Food Stamp President ...

and I think you're being cute about the monkey quote ... why would you post that of all things to post? Want to try again?

if you want to be taken seriously, avoid writing stuff like you did in #1 - Romney's dad born in Mexico (ran for nomination), McCain born in Panama (you wouda thought that there would've been some extended conversations about that) - Do you think that questions about Obama's birthplace were legit?

#2 is stupid as well since the conversation about Muslims in this country clearly has racial undertones ... or haven't you noticed?

#3 is silly as well - the stereotype of blacks in this country is that they are all on foodstamps ... a lot of foodstamps recipients during Bush - don't recall his being labeled the Food Stamp President ...

as I've posted here dozens of times: those who constantly look for racism are bound to find it...whether it exists or not. :shrug:

and I think you're being cute about the monkey quote ... why would you post that of all things to post? Want to try again?

again...see my comment above. I told you why I put that quote as my sig. You can't/won't accept the truth because you are looking for some hidden meaning.

edit: here's a link to the story

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...rd/-/11788162/16541240/-/v5btg6z/-/index.html

"(There are) a lot of kids around here, you never know what a monkey might do to a child," said Jerry Bruessel.

I just thought it was funny.

""he wasn't born here," "he's not really one of us," "he's a Kenyan,": not racist, the birthers would be saying the same thing if he was suspected of being born in Ireland. stupid =/= racist"

False. If Obama were white there would never have been any question about his birth origin. Denying that is absurd. No other president has ever had this tossed at him. It's not coincidental that he happens to be the first black President.

""he's a Muslim: muslim is not a race. nobody squealed "racist" when people kept pointing out that Romney was a mormon :shrug"

Another false argument. The idea of his being a Muslim plays into the very same narrative. He's not like us. He's different. He's the "other". Nobody made an issue over Romney's Mormonism accept ultra conservative evangelicals. Nobody on the left gave crap.

"he's the food stamp president: fail to see the racism...unless you assume that only black people get food stamps

That's exactly the impression designed by Gingrich. It's called a Dog-Whistle. It's aimed at Whites that associate "food stamps" with welfare, and welfare with Blacks. Without saying directly that Obama pandering to Blacks (which he knows is going to bug conservative whites) he uses the Dog-whistle. Any white person gets it. Blacks get it to, but by avoiding the obvious "N" word, he can design the comment to achieve the same result.

???? and why do you think this makes some difference?

Well, if you're making an accusation you should be able to defend it as true or not. But I guess "why" that would be valuable depends on what your views are

His description of Hispanics as being small, (about 130lbs) with calves the size of cantaloupe's is quite the stereotypical caricature.

Uh, the clip you provide above is him using that image to contrast against the ideal of the HS valedictorian (which he also clearly recognizes). So I am unsure how you can claim he was type-casting all Hispanics as such, when he is talking about a sub group and is very clear that the image doesn't even fit all of them, only some

Look, even Boehner and Cantor recognize that this is a racist comment and has no place in our dialogue.

You're making an appeal to authority and one I doubt you would even consider in any other context

The comment by King was all over the news with video. I'm sure you can find it easily. Try Google. Here, look for yourself.

From the quote you provide he isn't even talking about all illegal immigrants, but the fact that amnesty would offer blanket validation for everyone from those oft cited valedictorians to the type of people who bring no value with their presence and will break the law with impunity.

So I am still lost on how it would be racist, but, again, feel free to actually explain it

False. If Obama were white there would never have been any question about his birth origin. Denying that is absurd. No other president has ever had this tossed at him. It's not coincidental that he happens to be the first black President.

Likely because no other president had a foreign born father and spent the early years of his life living someplace like Indonesia. But I am willing to bet a presidential candidate during the red scare, who had a father born in Belarus, and grew up in Romania would have faced accusations of being a "secret red"

Stupid? Yes, but not necessarily racism

Another false argument. The idea of his being a Muslim plays into the very same narrative. He's not like us. He's different. He's the "other". Nobody made an issue over Romney's Mormonism accept ultra conservative evangelicals. Nobody on the left gave crap.

You are aware the Birther attack had it's roots in the democratic primary?

That's exactly the impression designed by Gingrich. It's called a Dog-Whistle. It's aimed at Whites that associate "food stamps" with welfare, and welfare with Blacks. Without saying directly that Obama pandering to Blacks (which he knows is going to bug conservative whites) he uses the Dog-whistle. Any white person gets it. Blacks get it to, but by avoiding the obvious "N" word, he can design the comment to achieve the same result.

cry RACIST and let slip the dogs of war

Well, if you're making an accusation you should be able to defend it as true or not. But I guess "why" that would be valuable depends on what your views are

Uh, the clip you provide above is him using that image to contrast against the ideal of the HS valedictorian (which he also clearly recognizes). So I am unsure how you can claim he was type-casting all Hispanics as such, when he is talking about a sub group and is very clear that the image doesn't even fit all of them, only some

You're making an appeal to authority and one I doubt you would even consider in any other context

From the quote you provide he isn't even talking about all illegal immigrants, but the fact that amnesty would offer blanket validation for everyone from those oft cited valedictorians to the type of people who bring no value with their presence and will break the law with impunity.

So I am still lost on how it would be racist, but, again, feel free to actually explain it

His defense of his comment is built on a stereotype. It's ridiculous and appeals to a racist view of Hispanics as all being 130lbs and being drug running mules. It's really disgusting.

Yes. and that image is a caricature of the Hispanic as all being 130lbs drug running mules on a level of 110 to 1. His attempt to soften that with the comment of the valedictorian is pathetic. It's a lame attempt to give a nod to the studious Hispanic while poisoning the well through his description of everyone else as fitting the stereotype.

Perhaps. But the fact that leaders in his own party condemn his speech and language is worthy of note. My claiming that he's being a racist would carry no weight with a conservative. But condemnation from within his own party adds a lot more credibility to my criticism.

If that were truly the purpose it's another pathetic attempt to make his point. This isn't a first for him. He's also compared immigrants to animals referring to the best hunting dog, and the dog that lays in the corner. He dives head first into the idea of Breeders. What King does is dismiss the valedictorian as the exception to his rule and point to the "much greater danger" of the 130 lb Hispanic with calves like cantaloupe's because of the drugs they haul over the border. Really?? So he coveys the image of small 130 lb Hispanics with huge calves that are a result of hauling drugs?? He's offering a stereotype. People do that in order to convey a biased and racist view of whoever it is they are targeting. Blacks with the stereotypes. Jews and their stereotypes. Hispanics with theirs. The idea is to present the "others" in a negative light. "They" aren't like "us". Us vs. Them. Divisive. Racist

In an AP story I found this: Iowa GOP Rep: Obama “favors the black person”. It seems that Iowa Republican Congressman Steve King says President Obama favors blacks over whites and a GOP candidate from Colorado has canceled a fundraiser the Iowan was to keynote.
Rep. Steve King, known for sometimes incendiary remarks about immigration, Abu Ghraib and other issues criticized Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder who also is black, in an interview Monday on G. Gordon Liddy’s nationally syndicated radio talk show,.” I’m offended by Eric Holder and the president also for their posture”, said King. “It looks like Eric Holder said that white people in America are cowards when it comes to race”.

Holder, in a 2009 speech, did not suggest that whites are more cowardly than blacks when discussing race as King indicated in the radio interview. This is what Holder said;

“Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot”, Holder said, “In things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards”.

Christopher Reed, an Iowa conservative activist, defended King. “He is one of those few politicians who actually says what he thinks”. “Reed said. “One man’s controversy is another man’s truth”

That’s quite a statement from a conservative activist. What he’s saying here is that Truth is relative. So it’s clear that Mr. Reed is a Relativist who doesn’t believe in Truth at all. If Truth is relative, then there is no Truth. That might put him at odds with Iowa conservatives that think that the Bible IS the Truth. But of course being a conservative in Iowa, how many people are going to think about what he said, and consider his hypocrisy as their own?

cry RACIST and let slip the dogs of war

Ignore racism it watch it spread.

Let me repeat that I believe most people who talk about racism are racists.

that's really an absurd idea. What you're suggesting is that pointing out where the racism lies, is racist? That's so totally ridiculous. It's the racist claiming that the person that points out his racism...is the racist. Why is it so difficult to recognize the obvious for some people. Racism is a matter of ignorance. When you point to where the ignorance lies, you're then the racist for pointing it out?? That makes no sense at all.

It's an exercise in living in denial of your own character or moral flaws. Why would anyone be so certain that it's impossible to be in error? We all have them ( character flaws) , but in most cases I would hope they don't impact the lives of an entire race of people.

So, calling out activists to stop blame shifting and take responsibility for the problems in their own community is "racism". Yeah, we pretty much expected the race card to be played a lot over this issue.

the difference is I can logically defend my position ...

When will you start using it?

Back
Top Bottom