• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve King, (R-IA) Argues Western Civilization is About Letting Him be Racist

The fellow who wrote it is obviously either just as ignorant as he wants to portray King, or he's just a liar who wants to spin for crass political purposes. Nothing wrong with King's statements (the ones attached to the article). What's wrong is how they're falsely parsed by the author of this hit piece.

He has every right to his opinion. That doesn't mean he's not an asshole and it doesn't mean I have to agree with him. He seems to have that bug up his ass that we see with many posters here - if you say you disagree, you're trying to take away his rights. Bull. He has the right to his opinion and express it, and I have the right to think he's wrong and say it.

The fellow who wrote it is obviously either just as ignorant as he wants to portray King, or he's just a liar who wants to spin for crass political purposes.
Nothing wrong with King's statements
(the ones attached to the article). What's wrong is how they're falsely parsed by the author of this hit piece.

That's your opinion. I (And plenty of others, including a lot of Hispanics who will not be voting for the GOP because of people like King find plenty wrong with Kings statements. He's an ignorant weasel. Comments like his don't help the GOP in any way, shape or form.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

That's your opinion. I (And plenty of others, including a lot of Hispanics who will not be voting for the GOP because of people like King find plenty wrong with Kings statements. He's an ignorant weasel. Comments like his don't help the GOP in any way, shape or form.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

It helps him get re-elected though. Which is all he really cares about.

He has every right to his opinion. That doesn't mean he's not an asshole and it doesn't mean I have to agree with him. He seems to have that bug up his ass that we see with many posters here - if you say you disagree, you're trying to take away his rights. Bull.
He has the right to his opinion and express it, and I have the right to think he's wrong and say it

I absolutely support Kings 1st Amendment right to make whatever ignorant statement that he wants to make. The man is a gift to the Democratic Party. The dreck that flows out of his mouth on a regular basis certainly doesn't help the GOP.

Don't have time to watch the video right now but I see no problem with the hundred to one statement. His point is this illegal immigration is not bringing in the best and the brightest and the most law abiding for that matter.

First, bull****, you and those "hispanic voters" you mention wouldn't vote GOP if they dropped golden nuggets. Second, there's nothing wrong with Kings' statement, not the Western Civ one, nor the cantaloupe one. The author (Phillip Bump) has twisted both statements to ridiculous proportion so they no longer represent Kings' original point on either statement.

Yes, he has the right to be a racist. He has the right to be even a supremacist. And we all have the right to make fun of him and ostracize him.

What he doesn't have the right to do is to claim that he represents western civilization in any way. He doesn't.

Steve King's rhetoric has the quality of a horror story written by Stephen King.

I absolutely support Kings 1st Amendment right to make whatever ignorant statement that he wants to make. The man is a gift to the Democratic Party. The dreck that flows out of his mouth on a regular basis certainly doesn't help the GOP.

I hope in fact he keeps spewing ugly poisonous rhetoric -- it reflects the real soul of conservatism.

His comment about fat Hispanic kids with "cantaloupe calves" (WTF?) smuggling pot across the border is the very flower of conservative political rhetoric.

Back
Top Bottom