• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve King Puts Foot In Mouth

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Congressman Steve King just embarrassed himself on MSNBC after pontificating: "Go back through history and think about where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people you are talking about. Where did any other sub-group of people contribute more to civilization [than white people]?"

Of course, the host and his other guests were taken aback. He promptly decided to move on from that potential firestorm (although he seems to regret doing that now). Really wish they would have gone ahead and debated it to see how far King would go.

Ignoring the fact that this was just not an appropriate subject to discuss, apparently Rep. King has never studied history before the 14th century.

i like chris hayes but he punted that one when he should have gone for it instead

the woman on his left had a lot you could see she wanted to say in response

buy hayes played it safe and ended the convo

as an audience member, that was our loss

i like chris hayes but he punted that one when he should have gone for it instead

Judging by Hayes' tweets, it seems he regretted not taking King on. I hope someone else challenges him on it.

Holy crap - is there a video you can link to or embed in this thread?

I have no problem believing Steve King could say something like that, or worse. I would love to see it though, so I can pass it on to a few national GOP officials that owe me a favor or two.

We need to kick that guy to the curb, and fast. This type of thing could give the GOP the excuse they need.

Amazing how ignorant King is. Must be why he's a republican. Mesopotamia (Iraq), and farther east, China, were contributing very important things to culture long before Europe was digging out of the dirt. We owe the alphabet, numbers, mathematics, and the forerunner to astronomy to the Mesopotamia. Many other things too.

Holy crap - is there a video you can link to or embed in this thread?

I have no problem believing Steve King could say something like that, or worse. I would love to see it though, so I can pass it on to a few national GOP officials that owe me a favor or two.

We need to kick that guy to the curb, and fast. This type of thing could give the GOP the excuse they need.

Here's the video:

Steve King is easily the most ignorant person in Congress. He makes Louie Gohmert look like Maya Angelou.

Here's the video:

WOW. And he proclaims to have read the Bible, which isn't set in Europe. How about China, where they were 500 to 700+ years ahead of the rest of the western "Christian" world because they didn't go through the "Dark Ages" and "Middle Ages" waiting around for "The Renaissance" and then finally the "Reformation" to come around so they could study science without being burned at the stake.

God he should be kicked to the curb by the GOP as soon as possible. He personifies every stereotypical bad thing that the left uses to mock the GOP about.

Steve King is easily the most ignorant person in Congress. He makes Louie Gohmert look like Maya Angelou.

He's most definitely the most ignorant Republican in Congress, but there are a few Democrats that could give him a run for his money in a bipartisan race to the bottom.

If I was Chris Hayes I would've went off on him.

Well, knowing it was cable, I would stopped for a second of silence on air, then said with a quick snap of my head - What The **** Did You Just Say??? Have you read the Bible and seen which part of the world its stories are located? Have you attended any world history courses in your life? Have you been introduced to the INTERNET??? Have you lost your ****ing mind? And, out of respect for the US House of Representatives, I will give you the choice to leave now, or dig your hole deeper by even attempting to answer any of those questions and trying and explain what you just said.

Yep. Steve King is absolutely one of the Republicans that I always hope will lose in November.

Congressman Steve King just embarrassed himself on MSNBC after pontificating: "Go back through history and think about where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people you are talking about. Where did any other sub-group of people contribute more to civilization [than white people]?"

Of course, the host and his other guests were taken aback. He promptly decided to move on from that potential firestorm (although he seems to regret doing that now). Really wish they would have gone ahead and debated it to see how far King would go.

Ignoring the fact that this was just not an appropriate subject to discuss, apparently Rep. King has never studied history before the 14th century.
I watched this trainwreck live, and he was lucky he quipped that just as the segment was ending and they were heading to break.

He forgot where he was. He can get away with that crap in his tea-party circles, but no way on MSNBC. He was greeted with incongruous laughter all around, segueing into immediate unanimous loud & excited rebuttal! Too bad the segment ended - he needed his ass handed him.

Yes, I agree!

Hayes shouldn't have humored that crap, and instead should have extended the session letting the guests go for the jugular. Teach him a lesson that he's no longer in rural Iowa.

Amazing how ignorant King is. Must be why he's a republican. Mesopotamia (Iraq), and farther east, China, were contributing very important things to culture long before Europe was digging out of the dirt. We owe the alphabet, numbers, mathematics, and the forerunner to astronomy to the Mesopotamia. Many other things too.
Exactly.

And it would probably crush the T-Party faithful to know where gunpowder came from! :lamo

Guess you never heard of Shelia Jackson Lee. She makes King look like a Rhodes scholar.

This type of thing doesn't just come out of no where. The regressive left have been blaming whities for everything bad in the world for a while now. So I, imo, they can all pound sand. Like it or not...the modern world is largely due to whites. Lots of other contributions as well. In the future, it will probably be some other group, just like in the past the Middle East and Far East were rocking in that department. The pendulum will swing again sometime in the future but if whities are going to get the blame for everything then we can go ahead and claim most modern things as well.

Guess you never heard of Shelia Jackson Lee. She makes King look like a Rhodes scholar.

Guess you never heard of "I really don't care about a thing you have to say."

Guess you never heard of "I really don't care about a thing you have to say."

That isn't nice. Your track record leaves a vapid trail of obsequious agreement with all that is liberal. In other words. if you are capable of thinking for yourself I have yet to see it.

And, not to repeat myself, when I get a reply like yours I just consider the source.

India contributed the Hare Krishna movement and where would Europe have been without the spice trade?

Europeans also did a lot of damage. They slaughtered the Indian cattle, produced Napoleon, Kaiser and Hitler, subjugated the Native Americans and conquered and sold Africa into slavery.

I watched this trainwreck live, and he was lucky he quipped that just as the segment was ending and they were heading to break.

He forgot where he was. He can get away with that crap in his tea-party circles, but no way on MSNBC. He was greeted with incongruous laughter all around, segueing into immediate unanimous loud & excited rebuttal! Too bad the segment ended - he needed his ass handed him.

I applaud that black female panelist for keeping her composure.

Back
Top Bottom