• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve King asks how terms 'white nationalist' and 'white supremacist' became offensive

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]King asks how terms 'white nationalist' and 'white supremacist' became offensive[/h]
[FONT=&quot]Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) is questioning how terms such as "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" became offensive in the U.S.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” King asked in an interview with The New York Times published on Thursday. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In 2018, he also defended his association with a far-right Austrian group with links to the Nazi Party and hard-line views on immigration.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“If they were in America pushing the platform that they push, they would be Republicans,” King told [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Washington Post [/FONT][FONT=&quot]last October.[/FONT]

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...hite-nationalist-and-white-supremacist-became

I have to agree with him on that last point

The same people who piled on Tlaib for saying mother****er will remain perfectly silent or defend King for arguing the merits of White Supremacy.

What was he trying to say? o_O

The same people who piled on Tlaib for saying mother****er will remain perfectly silent or defend King for arguing the merits of White Supremacy.

Of course. Conservatives are going to avoid this like the plague in hopes it'll just go away. Then we'll have another AOC dancing video or some other thing for conservatives to get upset about and fifty pages of responses in two hours.

Of course. Conservatives are going to avoid this like the plague in hopes it'll just go away. Then we'll have another AOC dancing video or some other thing for conservatives to get upset about and fifty pages of responses in two hours.

The same people who lost their minds at Tlaib saying "mother****er" will also stay silent or find this funny:

aoc.jpg

The terms “white nationalist” and “white supremacist” aren’t offensive. What white nationalists and white supremacists stand for is offensive.

King is an idiot I'm glad he doesn't represent my state.

I dont know much about the man but there isnt much defense in his comments...definitely racist.

The terms “white nationalist” and “white supremacist” aren’t offensive. What white nationalists and white supremacists stand for is offensive.

But what is the probability he was really trying to take aim at some idea that the terms themselves are offensive? If so, can you think of one single instance in which somebody who isn't a white supremacist said the term "white supremacist" is offensive? Hell....I'm not sure I can remember a white supremacist saying the term is offensive. They're proudly evil.

This is more of one of those wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean situations. It has to be, because nobody could be ignorant and stupid enough to conclude that there is some kind of PC culture war against the term "white supremacist" when the actual 'culture war' (a just one) is against the concept of white supremacy.

It's a way of saying-without-quiet-saying.

Brain dead. Totally out of touch. Undeserved of his position of power.

And it's all getting worse due to the guy in the White House exhibiting the same personal characteristics.

Yet, Iowans generally stand behind him and support him. I know people from Iowa who aren't like King and do not support him, though I suppose most do.

Yet, Iowans generally stand behind him and support him. I know people from Iowa who aren't like King and do not support him, though I suppose most do.
Yes, you are right here. They (Iowans) voted him into office, and allow him to stay. Though I still maintain Trump has given addition public license to these abhorrent matters.

Back
Top Bottom