• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Jobs was crap

He was just a capitalist who didn't create anything. Wozniak is the genius.

You would've never seen the Apple products if it weren't for Jobs. He knew what people wanted and understood how to produce and market those things brilliantly.

Jobs stifled innovation instead of promoting it. He took an open source culture and reduced it to one of secrets.

He was just a capitalist who didn't create anything. Wozniak is the genius.

He was so smart that coding bored him to tears. Even Gates was jealous of his imagination. He let Woz do all the menial stuff, while he was the visionary.

Steve Jobs was one of if not the best product designer(s) of his generation.

Now that I have cleared that up I will be on my way.

:2wave:

Last edited:
Jobs was an effective capitalist without any reasonable argument otherwise in my opinion, but to credit him for being anything more than that is ridiculous.

What did Jobs invent or design?

He ran design teams and used his skills in design to decide which designs Apple produced.

Which made his work extremely valuable.

Because he was right so often.

Jobs was an effective capitalist without any reasonable argument otherwise in my opinion, but to credit him for being anything more than that is ridiculous.

But you said he was crap.

Jobs stifled innovation instead of promoting it. He took an open source culture and reduced it to one of secrets.

Bill Gates actually did that one.

Bill Gates actually did that one.
Gates stole DOS branded it as his and the rest is history. Gates is just pathetic. People so often equate wealth with success and I find it repugnant. Freedom of information and ideas is what will make humanity truly successful and people like Jobs and Gates stood or stand in the way of those ideals.

Gates stole DOS branded it as his and the rest is history. Gates is just pathetic. People so often equate wealth with success and I find it repugnant. Freedom of information and ideas is what will make humanity truly successful and people like Jobs and Gates stood or stand in the way of those ideals.

Combined with smart educated people.

Who know who they are.

They be scarce.

Gates did not steal dos, he bought qdos, which was based off cpm but written for x86 rather than a z80 processor, and had enough different to keep it out of legal hot water.

Gates made basic and xenix, xenix was way more advanced than dos, was made in the late 70's and was the leader in unix operating systems through the 80's before microsoft sold their stake in it. They tried to push xenix for the ibm 5150, but ibm wanted cpm, and when they could not attain the cpm license, ibm sent gates to make or find a similiar os.

Ibm wanted an os familiar to it's users, not better. The adoption of dos with the takeoff of the ibm pc standard caused microsoft to abandon unix, as it's user base was already hooked, and caused it to develop windows later on based off dos, rather than move towards xenix.

Steve Jobs was one of if not the best product designer(s) of his generation.

Now that I have cleared that up I will be on my way.

:2wave:

Actually for most of his early career he was one of the worst designers. He was basically more of marketing than anything. Woz almost kicked him off the team when making the apple 2, because woz wanted 8 expansion bays, jobs wanted 2. Many of the issues with the apple 3 were from jobs ideas, such as no cooling fan.

Later on jobs helped headline the apple lisa, which was a flop, it was ahead of it's time but a pricetag so high no one but a saudi oil prince could afford one. He later headed the mac line, which saw a little success but pretty much flopped compared to the apple line. The apple line was more like pc computers, they had massive expansion capabilities, while the mac was the opposite, other than adding a second disk drive, you were stuck with what you bought.

Jobs was later kicked out of apple, went to next, where he made the nextstation, which actually was revolutionary at the time, but was only viable for high end business due to cost. Next ended up being a flop and he later became ceo of apple and got apple to buy out his failing company, which used much of it's design for macos x.

Back
Top Bottom