• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Hilton: Trump is right, French President Macron completely wrong about nationalism

TrumpTrain

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Steve Hilton: Trump is right, French President Macron completely wrong about nationalism
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ste...ent-macron-completely-wrong-about-nationalism

I looked it up on Google. The definition of nationalism is "patriotic feeling, principles or efforts." The first synonym, that means the same meaning as, not the opposite, listed for nationalism is literally "patriotism"

And that's according to the globalists at Google!

Excellent must-watch video:

Hilarious that the Trumpists took this one personally.

Excellent must-watch video:

So, Macron didn't just say that nationalism is to put our interests first. He said nationalism is to put our interests first, and not care about any others, because by not caring about others, you give up any moral values your nation once possessed. I think that's a bit of a different claim than the one to which Hilton is responding. One of the lessons of the wars of the 20th century is that you don't serve your country's interests by ignoring the interests of others.

And if you look up Liberal, then you find something totally different than what most Americans think liberal is.

I love my country.. I am a patriot (up to a point), but in no way is my country or nationality superior to that of others which is the principle of modern nationalism.

So yes Macron is as usual right when it comes to Trump and his nationalism..

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ste...ent-macron-completely-wrong-about-nationalism

identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

This is what Trump has been preaching since day one. Why do Trump's supporters want to change Trump from what he wants to be.

Trump said what he said...stop trying to fix it.

Hilarious that the Trumpists took this one personally.

Why do progressives always post childish crap. Nobody took anything "personally." Its a simple matter of this idiot Macron telling a lie and us calling him out on the lie.

The liberals in the UK have the same problem with nationalism, and for some strange reason get it mixed up with racism. There are left wing councils who have unofficially banned the St George cross from public places, as they also see it as racist. I love the fact you Americans have such a devotion to your country, as there is a movement in the UK (globalists) who just see the UK as part of Europe. Thank God we are leaving it !!

I'm not even going to read that. That idea that Macron thinks the putting your country first is NOT patriotic and that putting other countries before your own IS patriotic is so stupid on its face that the stupidity is self-evident.

Because it proves you wrong? Or because it means being a Nationalist per https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36130006 exposes the fact that it means that anti-immigrant, anti-Semitic and that our POTUS supports such ulta-right wing rhetoric and policy?

The liberals in the UK have the same problem with nationalism, and for some strange reason get it mixed up with racism. There are left wing councils who have unofficially banned the St George cross from public places, as they also see it as racist. I love the fact you Americans have such a devotion to your country, as there is a movement in the UK (globalists) who just see the UK as part of Europe. Thank God we are leaving it !!

Well, some of us have a devotion to country, much fewer of us these days than before. The Left here trails Europe by a few years. What happens there often ends up happening here years later.

Why do progressives always post childish crap. Nobody took anything "personally." Its a simple matter of this idiot Macron telling a lie and us calling him out on the lie.

Yes, it's clear many did take it personally.

Also, hilarious that any Trump supporter cares to give the appearance of being tethered to the facts, considering Trump will tell an outrageous political lie every damn day.

And if you look up Liberal, then you find something totally different than what most Americans think liberal is.......

I don't care what someone from goofy Denmark thinks

It's really just that simple, isn't it? We're always getting lectured about language in the leftists'/globalists' attempt to hijack it and imbue their newspeak, post-modern meaning to it.
No, Macron, "nationalist" does not mean we don't care. We MUST put ourselves first IF we are to help others. We cannot forsake democracy for your comfort, peace of mind or defense.

I'm not even going to read that. That idea that Macron thinks the putting your country first is NOT patriotic and that putting other countries before your own IS patriotic is so stupid on its face that the stupidity is self-evident.

It's just bizarre is what it is. Patriotism and nationalism are in many ways alike. Venn diagram time- lots of overlap. I mean, this is elementary school level stuff. Just because liberals decided that nationalism mean "whiteness" or nationalism mean "selfish" does not make it so!
You know what they tell you if you're on an airplane and the oxygen masks drop down? Put yours on first, THEN help others.

The utter hubris of Macron is astounding. Ironically, he comes across as a naive little xenophobe who has no clue about how other people live in other countries. He acts like an uneducated rube, thinking Americans grow money trees in their yards, and we exist for the sole purpose of getting countries like his out of their forsaken messes.
Buddy, we don't all have lives of honey and rainbows. We have great need right here in America, from homelessness to national defense.

Macron proved to the world on such an occasion as Veterans' Day, that they are ingrates of the highest order; bottomless pits of need, without gratitude or a sense of repaying debt.

Whatever beneficence America gives to France, I hope Trump turns it off for the remainder of his Presidency.

The reason is not strange;) It is expediency. You have to start thinking like a liberal to combat liberalism.
Here in America, we are steeped in the Left's Alinsky tactics. If you're not familiar with Saul Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals", it will open your eyes. You will understand how the Left/liberals co-opt language and normal meanings thereof to bludgeon you with it.

So a white nationalist is a white patriot?

Can only whites be patriots, then?

What would the difference in patriotism be between a black nationalist and a white nationalist?

Race, race, race, race, race.

The opposite of nationalism is globalism. At least that's my two cents. And I believe the goddamned left are globalists which is why they hate normal patriotic Americans.

They hate that so many Americans and Trump refuse to break.

They hate that so many Americans and Trump refuse to break.

Yes. See, patriots aren't suppose top fight back against leftists like DJT does. That's one of the reasons they hate his guts. And I'm glad he fights back against the leftist slime. It's about time someone does.

Back
Top Bottom