• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Steve Bannon arrested in Border Wall funding scheme

jnug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Dumbass trumpets.....suckers walking around with big lollypops stuck to their forehead.

Dumbass trumpets.....suckers walking around with big lollypops stuck to their forehead.

Quick, where is Barr? Trump must be upset - but it's ok, he'll use pardon power if needed.

What!!!??? Not some Trumpeteer who worked closely with Trump acting as a conman ripping folk off!!?? That could never happen Trump drained the swamp. Only hires the best.

Quick, where is Barr? Trump must be upset - but it's ok, he'll use pardon power if needed.

Don't worry. Barr will dismiss the prosecution against him. Gotta keep the Trump Cronies safe.

Starting in approximately December 2018, BRIAN KOLFAGE, STEPHEN BANNON, ANDREW BADOLATO, and TIMOTHY SHEA, and others, orchestrated a scheme to defraud hundreds of thousands of donors, including donors in the Southern District of New York, in connection with an online crowdfunding campaign ultimately known as “We Build The Wall” that raised more than $25 million to build a wall along the southern border of the United States. In particular, to induce donors to donate to the campaign, KOLFAGE repeatedly and falsely assured the public that he would “not take a penny in salary or compensation” and that “100% of the funds raised . . . will be used in the execution of our mission and purpose” because, as BANNON publicly stated, “we’re a volunteer organization.”

Those representations were false. In truth, KOLFAGE, BANNON, BADOLATO, and SHEA received hundreds of thousands of dollars in donor funds from We Build the Wall, which they each used in a manner inconsistent with the organization’s public representations. In particular, KOLFAGE covertly took for his personal use more than $350,000 in funds that donors had given to We Build the Wall, while BANNON, through a non-profit organization under his control (“Non-Profit-1”), received over $1 million from We Build the Wall, at least some of which BANNON used to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in BANNON’s personal expenses. To conceal the payments to KOLFAGE from We Build the Wall, KOLFAGE, BANNON, BADOLATO, and SHEA devised a scheme to route those payments from We Build the Wall to KOLFAGE indirectly through Non-Profit-1 and a shell company under SHEA’s control, among other avenues. They did so by using fake invoices and sham “vendor” arrangements, among other ways, to ensure, as KOLFAGE noted in a text message to BADOLATO, that his pay arrangement remained “confidential” and kept on a “need to know” basis.

Leaders Of ‘We Build The Wall’ Online Fundraising Campaign Charged With Defrauding Hundreds Of Thousands Of Donors | USAO-SDNY | Department of Justice

Not just a little bit of skimming...

Why does anyone connected to Trump get arrested?

Oh it is going to get much worse for Trumpets once the truth actually sifts into their cement heads.

"Gee Alvira, those new judgeships aren't doin' us much good and that big tax cut never tricked down to us. We are still in the same trailer park we were in before we voted for "The Chosen One". IDIOTS

Oh it is going to get much worse for Trumpets once the truth actually sifts into their cement heads.

"Gee Alvira, those new judgeships aren't doin' us much good and that big tax cut never tricked down to us. We are still in the same trailer park we were in before we voted for "The Chosen One". IDIOTS

Unfortunately, they don't think like that. If you want people in that demographic to change their mind, you need to get their sway on something they have a deep personal connection to in their local environment such as church.

Unfortunately, they don't think like that. If you want people in that demographic to change their mind, you need to get their sway on something they have a deep personal connection to in their local environment such as church.

Got it....Biden's new platform plank: "New churches everywhere with extra large parking spots for motor homes. Yee-haa Alvira, we're in the tall clover now!"

Got it....Biden's new platform plank: "New churches everywhere with extra large parking spots for motor homes. Yee-haa Alvira, we're in the tall clover now!"

I doubt it. If that were the message, it would backfire since the framing is dismissive and condescending. A more proper one would be framing environmentalism as preserving the natural environment (and related sports such as hunting) that is often loved in the countryside.

That would be connecting it to something these people are familiar with and creating the type of emotional opening that a deeper message could resonate.

I want Bannon in jail, but I have no sympathy for the victims. Hell, they were warned, repeatedly.

SDNY rocks.
The way they keep hammering the Trump empire with the law inspires hope.

Thank you to the United States Postal Service for delivering our mail & arresting Steve Bannon

Berman

:lamo

I doubt it. If that were the message, it would backfire since the framing is dismissive and condescending. A more proper one would be framing environmentalism as preserving the natural environment (and related sports such as hunting) that is often loved in the countryside.

That would be connecting it to something these people are familiar with and creating the type of emotional opening that a deeper message could resonate.
I’d just like to see Biden promise to exterminate all the Trump cockroaches.

Well, looks like election interference professionals will have to pencil this one into their schedules. I reccomend a healthy entrée of whataboutism. A side of so what is also on special today.

I’d just like to see Biden promise to exterminate all the Trump cockroaches.

are you referring to people like barr and bannon?

because unfortunately, that will actually have the side effect of repelling the demographic i mentioned and the ideology these people have been instilled with by skilled manipulators will continue to harm the country. (even if it would be just in a moral sense)

are you referring to people like barr and bannon?

because unfortunately, that will actually have the side effect of repelling the demographic i mentioned and the ideology these people have been instilled with by skilled manipulators will continue to harm the country. (even if it would be just in a moral sense)
I know.
I was being nasty and vindictive.

I know.
I was being nasty and vindictive.

I feel that temptation too ;)

However, I have been running a bit of a thought experiment lately. what if liberals used the same tools that gingrich, limbaugh, trump, goebbels, etc used but for good instead of evil on this population?

Back
Top Bottom