• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stephen Curry says the U.S. never landed on the moon. NASA cries foul.

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Curry was a guest on the “Winging It” podcast, hosted by Vince Carter and Kent Bazemore of the Atlanta Hawks. The Warriors guard was supposed to talk about the endless comparisons to dynamic rookie point guard Trae Young, but things veered off script. At one point, the players were talking about the sounds dinosaurs make when Curry abruptly changed the subject to his belief that human beings have never landed on the moon.

“We ever been to the moon?” he asked.

The others agreed the answer was no.

“They’re going to come get us,” Curry replied. “Sorry, I don’t want to start conspiracies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-moon-nasa-cries-foul/?utm_term=.30fe613f3de1

What an idiot this man is.

Kyrie Irving apologized for promoting a Flat Earth theory. I doubt Stephen Curry truly believes humans have not visited the moon.

I sense some tongue-in-cheek comments for the sake of publicity in the manner described by Oscar Wilde:

"There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."

FlatEarthOrbit.jpg

Kyrie Irving apologized for promoting a Flat Earth theory. I doubt Stephen Curry truly believes humans have not visited the moon.

I sense some tongue-in-cheek comments for the sake of publicity in the manner described by Oscar Wilde:

"There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."

View attachment 67245912
That is not a real picture... nice try but we need actual evidence, not fairy tails.

I think, not only have we been to the moon, we've never left.

Disseminating conspiracy theories that the moon landings were fake sounds like the perfect psi-op/distraction to stop people from looking for the evidence that there are secret military bases on the moon. Or, they were simply started by a bunch of stoners with time on their hands. Either way, I think humans have maintained a presence on the moon in some form since the conclusion of Apollo, unknown to the general public.

Another exhibit in my bemused and/or worried objection to people listening to what famous people say simply because they are famous.

I think, not only have we been to the moon, we've never left.

Disseminating conspiracy theories that the moon landings were fake sounds like the perfect psi-op/distraction to stop people from looking for the evidence that there are secret military bases on the moon. Or, they were simply started by a bunch of stoners with time on their hands. Either way, I think humans have maintained a presence on the moon in some form since the conclusion of Apollo, unknown to the general public.

What would be the point, though? Unless it also happens to be a military installation with nukes capable of making it all the way to Earth (and actually hitting the target), there really wouldn't be any reason to keep it secret. Especially so during the Cold War. They'd probably have bragged about it..

What would be the point, though? Unless it also happens to be a military installation with nukes capable of making it all the way to Earth (and actually hitting the target), there really wouldn't be any reason to keep it secret. Especially so during the Cold War. They'd probably have bragged about it..

I guess the moral of the story is don't be so pessimistic here people...

EDIT: Probably as an ace-in-the-hole, only the need to do so disappeared with the end of the Cold War. Could be they all died, never to be heard from again, and it was kept secret due to the civil unrest it would cause in the USSR/US. Any number of reasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom