• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stephen Colbert steals stage at Republican convention

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Too funny. I like his Caeser Flickerman/hunger games character he did all primary long.

Stephen Colbert steals stage at Republican convention to mock Donald Trump

Stephen Colbert is filming The Late Show in Cleveland this week for the Republican National Convention, and he just gave Donald Trump a good reason to put him on his long list of banned journalists. Colbert, in costume as Caesar Flickerman from The Hunger Games, appears to have sneaked onto the stage without permission to mock the Republican convention and Trump himself. "Look, I'm not supposed to be here," Colbert said, as a security guard pushed him off the stage, "but let's be honest, neither is Donald Trump."

"[Donald Trump] has formed an alliance with Indiana Governor Mike Pence," Colbert said. "It is my honor to hereby launch and begin the 2016 Republican hungry for power games." He then banged a novelty-sized gavel at the lectern. We might get a full clip of the stunt when The Late Show airs, but for now, you can watch a video grabbed from the floor of the convention above.​

Yeah saw that it was quite funny

Whole thing is already a damn circus.

I just hope nobody gets shot.

Too funny. I like his Caeser Flickerman/hunger games character he did all primary long.

Stephen Colbert is filming The Late Show in Cleveland this week for the Republican National Convention, and he just gave Donald Trump a good reason to put him on his long list of banned journalists. Colbert, in costume as Caesar Flickerman from The Hunger Games, appears to have sneaked onto the stage without permission to mock the Republican convention and Trump himself. "Look, I'm not supposed to be here," Colbert said, as a security guard pushed him off the stage, "but let's be honest, neither is Donald Trump."

"[Donald Trump] has formed an alliance with Indiana Governor Mike Pence," Colbert said. "It is my honor to hereby launch and begin the 2016 Republican hungry for power games." He then banged a novelty-sized gavel at the lectern. We might get a full clip of the stunt when The Late Show airs, but for now, you can watch a video grabbed from the floor of the convention above.​

I think the snipers should have taken him out. What a jerk.

Awww c'mon Maggie! That's some funny **** right there! Don't be hatin' and shootin' and snipin' and stuff!

Frankie say Relax. :)

You think someone should be shot dead for saying stuff you think was rude?

What country do you think this is?

Awww c'mon Maggie! That's some funny **** right there! Don't be hatin' and shootin' and snipin' and stuff!

Frankie say Relax. :)

Isn't there a song like that? Hatin' and shootin' and snipin' and stuff... I think so. Lol

Colbert's 15 seconds of relevance this go round is likely how the history webpages will record this.

Isn't there a song like that? Hatin' and shootin' and snipin' and stuff... I think so. Lol

Hmmm... I think you might be right. A song by Wild Cherry perhaps?

"And they were hatin' and shootin' and snipin' to the groovin'. And just when it hit me. Somebody turned around and shouted, "Shoot that funny late-night white boy."

Trump should have come out spinning while wearing his fire dress.

"And they were hatin' and shootin' and snipin' to the groovin'. And just when it hit me. Somebody turned around and shouted, "Shoot that funny late-night white boy."

Uh-huh!

+1 for lyrics on the fly!

Wow, looks like it was recorded with a flip phone. You can hardly see him, and I don't think anyone heard him. I'm guessing he was hoping for a bigger splash. I don't think there was even a ripple. Good idea, but a big fail on the implementation.

I liked him better when he starred in the Colbert Report. :coffeepap:

Colbert sneaks past Secret Service, without credentials? Big ass security breech, right there. That falls into the felony category.

Colbert sneaks past Secret Service, without credentials? Big ass security breech, right there. That falls into the felony category.

Hyperbole much?

Lay down that boogie and shoot that blue-haired comic in his face

27dd39065116dd636291836c3b557377bd42c8e34d83bce986e9ff4fe0e604f0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom