• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stephanopoulos claims Hillary turned over all her emails

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what happens when a network hires an ex-Presidential Administration official to be the face of their morning news coverage... You not only get politically biased reporting and politically biased interviews, you get politically motivated BS... like this deceptive declaration from George Stephanopoulos during his interview with Donald Trump yesterday on GMA:

"You said you would release your tax returns when Secretary Clinton released her emails. She has turned over all the emails in her possession."

After Trump calls Stephanopoulos out on that claim, saying there are a lot of emails missing, Stephanopoulos attempts to defend Hillary by shoveling more deceptive BS on live television:

"There were emails from her staffers missing, she turned over the emails she has."

Hey George... Maybe you overlooked these stories published over the last 10 months, from news organisations like the Associated Press and Reuters:

State Dept.: 15 emails missing from Clinton cache
State Dept.: 15 emails missing from Clinton cache | The Big Story

Government finds new emails Clinton did not hand over
Government finds new emails Clinton did not hand over | Reuters

Obama Administration Finds Emails Hillary Clinton Failed To Turn Over
Obama Administration Finds Emails Hillary Clinton Failed To Turn Over

Report: New E-Mail Totally Contradicts Clinton’s Claims About Private Server
Report: New E-Mail Totally Contradicts Clinton’s Claims About Private Server | LawNewz

Judicial Watch Lawsuit Uncovers New Hillary Clinton Email Withheld from State Department
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...clinton-email-withheld-from-state-department/

Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what happens when a network hires an ex-Presidential Administration official to be the face of their morning news coverage... You not only get politically biased reporting and politically biased interviews, you get politically motivated BS... like this deceptive declaration from George Stephanopoulos during his interview with Donald Trump yesterday on GMA:

"You said you would release your tax returns when Secretary Clinton released her emails. She has turned over all the emails in her possession."

After Trump calls Stephanopoulos out on that claim, saying there are a lot of emails missing, Stephanopoulos attempts to defend Hillary by shoveling more deceptive BS on live television:

"There were emails from her staffers missing, she turned over the emails she has."

You are not contradicting his statement, which was made yesterday, by pointing to articles released prior to the statement.

Now, if you found something published today or in the future that shows Hillary withheld emails, then you could show that Stephanopolous was wrong and/or lied.

You are not contradicting his statement, which was made yesterday, by pointing to articles released prior to the statement.

Now, if you found something published today or in the future that shows Hillary withheld emails, then you could show that Stephanopolous was wrong and/or lied.

Were you being sarcastic?

I certainly hope so, because if you weren't, then my only response to you would be "WTF?"

Were you being sarcastic?

I certainly hope so, because if you weren't, then my only response to you would be "WTF?"

Ok, let's break it down this way.

1) Hillary turned over a set of emails. 2) Investigations then reveal that emails are missing. 3) Those emails are found and/or turned over. 4) George makes a statement about her emails being turned over.

George is not wrong to say that Hillary turned over her emails, even if a small amount of emails were turned over after the initial batch of emails. If you or someone else finds more emails that have not been turned over, then George will be wrong at that point.

I understand that the point is subtle and relies on semantics that might not be persuasive to you.

1) Hillary turned over a set of emails. 2) Investigations then reveal that emails are missing. 3) Those emails are found and/or turned over. 4) George makes a statement about her emails being turned over.

George is not wrong to say that Hillary turned over her emails, even if a small amount of emails were turned over after the initial batch of emails. If you or someone else finds more emails that have not been turned over, then George will be wrong at that point.

I understand that the point is subtle and relies on semantics that might not be persuasive to you.

Do we really need a careless president, or doesn't it matter any more.?

He has every reason to mislead the public on Clinton, he is a supporter of hers.

Do we really need a careless president, or doesn't it matter any more.?

Setting aside that we are talking about a review of more than 55,000 emails and a review team that missed and/or reached a conclusion that roughly 50-100 documents were not responsive. Defining that as careless seems like a significant stretch.

Are you implying that Trump, her only opponent, is not careless?

The implication by Stephanopoulos is crystal clear... He is asserting that Hillary Clinton voluntarily turned over every single email that related to her job as Secretary of State, when we know for a fact that she did not turn over all her work related emails.

The claim by Stephanopoulos is pure deception and a perfect example of liberal bias in the main stream news media.

I get your logic ... Stephy can never be wrong if he says Hillary turned over all her emails as long as he says it after a new batch is found.

The implication by Stephanopoulos is crystal clear... He is asserting that Hillary Clinton voluntarily turned over every single email that related to her job as Secretary of State, when we know for a fact that she did not turn over all her work related emails.

The claim by Stephanopoulos is pure deception and a perfect example of liberal bias in the main stream news media.

If you're argument claims that a point a point is "clear," then it is probably not so clear.

Meanwhile, in this very same interview, Trump stood by his position to not release his tax returns - making him the first Presidential nominee since ~1974 - while simultaneously demanding that his potential VP nominees turn over their tax returns to him.

I get your logic ... Stephy can never be wrong if he says Hillary turned over all her emails as long as he says it after a new batch is found.

Not that he could never be wrong, just that his statement - as it was made (and not the implied meaning that you want to place upon it) - was not wrong in this situation.

If you're argument claims that a point a point is "clear," then it is probably not so clear.

Meanwhile, in this very same interview, Trump stood by his position to not release his tax returns - making him the first Presidential nominee since ~1974 - while simultaneously demanding that his potential VP nominees turn over their tax returns to him.

This isn't about Trump, it's about the liberal bias of someone in the main stream "News" media, who deceived millions of Americans during a live interview.

That's why this section of the forum is called "Bias in the Media".

This isn't about Trump, it's about the liberal bias of someone in the main stream "News" media, who deceived millions of Americans during a live interview.

That's why this section of the forum is called "Bias in the Media".

So I can't talk about the other contents of the interview that you're discussing in this thread? I have to stick specifically to the one line of dialogue from that interview?

So I can't talk about the other contents of the interview that you're discussing in this thread? I have to stick specifically to the one line of dialogue from that interview?

This section of the forum is for discussion about media bias... If you want to talk about Trump, there are literally hundreds of threads to choose from.

Not that he could never be wrong, just that his statement - as it was made (and not the implied meaning that you want to place upon it) - was not wrong in this situation.

Right. As long as he says it - or repeats it - only after any new emails are found then he can't be wrong.

Setting aside that we are talking about a review of more than 55,000 emails and a review team that missed and/or reached a conclusion that roughly 50-100 documents were not responsive. Defining that as careless seems like a significant stretch.

Are you implying that Trump, her only opponent, is not careless?

He is deliberately careless in speech, as we have learned. Most politicians are good at finding wiggle room with walk backs. Trump is not careless about his personal agenda, so I'm voting for Hillary. I know what to expect there!

Right. As long as he says it - or repeats it - only after any new emails are found then he can't be wrong.

I actually said that his statement would be wrong - and worthy of a post calling him out on his hypocrisy - if more emails were found.

I actually said that his statement would be wrong - and worthy of a post calling him out on his hypocrisy - if more emails were found.

That makes no sense... He said that she released all of her emails, when it's been factually proven that she did not release all of her work related emails.

Stephanopoulos claims that Hillary held up her end of the bargain, but how can that be when we know for a fact that there were emails related to her work as Secretary of State that she did not turn over to the State Department?

Back
Top Bottom