• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stephanie Grisham says Trump greatly admired Putin and 'wanted to be able to kill whoever spoke out against him'

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Stephanie Grisham says Trump greatly admired Putin and 'wanted to be able to kill whoever spoke out against him'

iu

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said on Tuesday that former President Donald Trump both feared and admired Russian President Vladimir Putin. "Honestly, I think he feared him. I think he was afraid of him. I think the man intimidated him," Grisham said during an appearance on "The View," when asked about Trump's impression of Putin. "I also think he admired him greatly," Grisham said. "I think he wanted to be able to kill whoever spoke out against him." "In my experience with him, again, I'll just say — he loved the dictators. He loved the people who could kill anyone, including the press," she added.

Grisham also slammed Trump, positing that he would be hiding instead of fighting for his country if he were in a similar situation as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The Ukrainian leader has won widespread admiration for his decision to remain in Ukraine amid Russia's invasion, as well as his bold speeches directed at Putin and Moscow. "I just want to say this. In watching all of this, with Zelenskyy — Donald Trump would be 57 feet below ground hiding. And Zelenskyy is out there fighting for his country, and I just think that's great," Grisham said. Trump previously lauded Putin's justification for invading Ukraine as "savvy" and "genius." Trump also praised other authoritarian leaders, such as North Korea's Kim Jong Un, during his time in office.

Commander Donald "Bonespurs" Trump couldn't carry Ukraine President Zelenskyy's jockstrap.

Certainly nothing we have ever seen of Trump tells us any different.

Once again, one person, one opinion, and the title of this thread is misleading.
She actually said, and this is from the article itself, " I think he wanted...."
Of course, being on the View, that is to be expected.

Once again, one person, one opinion, and the title of this thread is misleading.
She actually said, and this is from the article itself, " I think he wanted...." Of course, being on the View, that is to be expected.

Your Trump apologia doesn't work when one realizes Grisham's daily interactions with Trump.

She was a press aide to Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, and then a member of the presidential transition team.

Grisham served as the 32nd White House press secretary and as White House communications director from July 2019 to April 2020.

She actually said, and this is from the article itself, " I think he wanted...."
Of course, being on the View, that is to be expected.

We know for sure he admired Putin’s strategy and approach in Ukraine, becaus he said so. He thought it was “genius”, and thought that’s how the Inited States should be behaving on its southern border.

"How smart is that?'" the former U.S. president continued. 'And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. “

Trump is a clown- a dangerous, psychopathic clown. It is the opinion of just about every one who has ever had the misfortune of working with him: from Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly, to Cohen, Barr, Pence, and now Grisham. At some point you have to realize it’s more than the opinion of one or two people and he really might be a dangerous nut job after all.

Only the most die-hard, fanatical, true cult believers at this point would keep trying to ignore and excuse all these former associates’ strong warnings, as well as Trump’s own continued alarming and outrageous rhetoric and actions.

Last edited:
Your Trump apologia doesn't work when one realizes Grisham's daily interactions with Trump.

She was a press aide to Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, and then a member of the presidential transition team.

Grisham served as the 32nd White House press secretary and as White House communications director from July 2019 to April 2020.
They definitely need a new approach when their own people are confirming what the rest of us already knew about dear leader.

I just read the article you posted and quoted what she said.

We know for sure he admired Putin’s strategy and approach in Ukraine, becaus he said so. He thought it was “genius”, and thought that’s how the Inited States should be behaving on its southern border.

"How smart is that?'" the former U.S. president continued. 'And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. “

Trump is a clown- a dangerous, psychopathic clown. It is the opinion of just about every one who has ever had the misfortune of working with him: from Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly, to Cohen, Barr, Pence, and now Grisham. At some point you have to realize it’s more than the opinion of one or two people and he really might be a dangerous nut job after all.

Only the most die-hard, fanatical, true cult believers at this point would keep trying to ignore and excuse all these former associates’ strong warnings, as well as Trump’s own continued alarming and outrageous rhetoric and actions.
Yes, but Trump. I am making a different point, did so in a "but Biden" thread yesterday.

5th amendment flynn feels the same way as traitor trump, as do the QAnon reichists in congress

I didn't post it, but I wrote a thread about how two top Ukraine experts, Lt. Col. Vindman and Ambassador Yovanavitch both said that trump's actions on Ukraine appear to have directly affected Putin seeing young new President Zelensky as weak and vulnerable without US support,, leading to Putin seeing an opportunity to attack Ukraine, that that's when the planning for this current war started. Vindman called it a 'direct red line' from trump's actions to this war.

It’s really sad seeing all the hatred in here.

People just slamming others while claiming to be prudent.

Trump is not the boogeyman in the closet that the MSM and members of congress portray him to be. I truly believe he loves this country and the American people.

One of the only things people tell me when I ask them what did Trump do to you that made your life worse? They say they lost their peace of mind.

My only rational explanation for this is the propaganda and hatred that the MSM fueled, and people embraced it, because it’s always someone else’s fault, and that’s all they want to think about. Makes them feel better about themselves while being told lies.

If you didn’t watch the news during Trump’s tenure then you would have been happy.

I feel bad for people being mind controlled.

I will help as much as I can.

I didn't post it, but I wrote a thread about how two top Ukraine experts, Lt. Col. Vindman and Ambassador Yovanavitch both said that trump's actions on Ukraine appear to have directly affected Putin seeing young new President Zelensky as weak and vulnerable without US support,, leading to Putin seeing an opportunity to attack Ukraine, that that's when the planning for this current war started. Vindman called it a 'direct red line' from trump's actions to this war.
and I agree..................Trump encouraged Putin's actions

One of the only things people tell me when I ask them what did Trump do to you that made your life worse? They say they lost their peace of mind.
Then you have a lot of different friends that I don't have because most people I know think their nation is weaker and our enemies stronger because of DJT
My only rational explanation for this is the propaganda and hatred that the MSM fueled, and people embraced it, because it’s always someone else’s fault, and that’s all they want to think about. Makes them feel better about themselves while being told lies.

If you didn’t watch the news during Trump’s tenure then you would have been happy.
sure---ignorance is bliss

Trump isn’t president.

Putin invaded under Biden.
Putin invaded under Obama.

It’s as simple as that.

People who believe what they are told without bias have a hard time comprehending reality. The MSM has corrupted the minds of many Americans, and it makes me sad, and angry.

Who is Z?

Why body shame people? I thought it was my body my choice, except for Covid shots, right?

Trump isn’t president.

Putin invaded under Biden.
Putin invaded under Obama.

It’s as simple as that.
No, it's not.

People who believe what they are told without bias have a hard time comprehending reality. The MSM has corrupted the minds of many Americans, and it makes me sad, and angry.
Not really. Ignorance has; and even worse, right-wing media has created a China-like cult of misinformation the right falls for, choosing to only listen to them. Like you.

I was just hoping for more free stuff is all.

Back
Top Bottom