• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stay out of my space woman

So I'm laying in my hammock smoking a fine cigar and relaxing when my wife walks up and says "any way you can put one of those hanging chairs we have here so I can sit with you"? How do I tactfully tell her HELL NO, this is where I come to get away from your high maintenance ass?:lol:

I fear this with every ounce of my life...

Husbands getting tired of wifes and wifes getting tired of husbands..

I don't want to get married then regret it 40 years later...

I suppose I don't have a choice??

The love/hate thing is just a part of life I suppose.

I suppose the hate is love...

"Bitch I'm going fishing with my friends and if you object I will bring a hooker back with me and she will clean your dinner."

Two words for you sawyer....."mancave".

That's where I go when I want to get away from it all.
Here's mine.
View attachment 67151038
That's me and my wife at the table,and my best friends/business partners shooting pool.
My wife is allowed in my "den" as long as she obeys the "no nagging rule".:)

That's awesomeness.

I have a similar "man cave." I call it "home."

Last edited:
My sawmills half a mile away and sometimes I "have stuff to do" there if I really want to get away but I deserve a hammock in the shade in my backyard damnit1

Of course you do, I agree 125%, you deserve a hammock in your own backyard. Howsomever it is HER backyard too- you REALLY don't have a firm grasp on marriage do you? Not to judge you, but I'd say she deserves a hanging chair near the hammock in the backyard, if for NO other reason she took one for the Estrogen team and married you. ;)

Man-up, you picked her... :peace

Let's get this straight. You have no private space on your property other than your bathroom. And only then when you're having stomach problems.

Yeah, I have a problem with that.

I'm an introvert. I have to have my "leave me the **** alone" time and anyone who is going to live with me has to understand that... or find somewhere else to live.

folks gotta have a place to go for "me time".

my wife has a study she retreats to.. and I have the garage.... one is welcome in the other, as long as they know it's just a temporary visit
I don't think I've ever had to tell her to get out.. she leaves me be when i'm in the garage, and I leave her be when she's in the study

we prefer hangin' out together most times , though.

my wife has a study she retreats to.. and I have the garage.... one is welcome in the other, as long as they know it's just a temporary visit
I don't think I've ever had to tell her to get out.. she leaves me be when i'm in the garage, and I leave her be when she's in the study

See, y'all understand each other. That's what it is all about.

I was married to an extrovert who TOTALLY did not understand anything about "me time" or an introvert's desire for solitude... and she didn't want to try to understand it either, she just wanted me to STOP needing to be alone sometimes, which is like asking a fish to stop swimming...

See, y'all understand each other. That's what it is all about.

I was married to an extrovert who TOTALLY did not understand anything about "me time" or an introvert's desire for solitude... and she didn't want to try to understand it either, she just wanted me to STOP needing to be alone sometimes, which is like asking a fish to stop swimming...

oh yeah.. fundamental differences like that are pretty hard to solve....often impossible

we're both extroverts... and that creates it's own problems to work through, but i don't think it would work if either of us we're an introvert.
my ex was a sort of introvert...it didn't lead to our marriage ending, but it sure as hell made it hard as hell to keep it going while it lasted... too much work , in fact.

it's really revolves around the basic idea of marriage though.. respect and communication.... gotta have em' coming from both sides or it doesn't fly

I fear this with every ounce of my life...

Husbands getting tired of wifes and wifes getting tired of husbands..

I don't want to get married then regret it 40 years later...

I suppose I don't have a choice??

The love/hate thing is just a part of life I suppose.

I suppose the hate is love...

"Bitch I'm going fishing with my friends and if you object I will bring a hooker back with me and she will clean your dinner."

Yes, you do.

You don't have to get married. You don't even have to have a relationship with the intent of being life-long. You don't have to live with anyone.

You can do whatever suits you, and screw whether people are judgmental about you not following "the life script."

So I'm laying in my hammock smoking a fine cigar and relaxing when my wife walks up and says "any way you can put one of those hanging chairs we have here so I can sit with you"? How do I tactfully tell her HELL NO, this is where I come to get away from your high maintenance ass?:lol:

When my man is over for an extended period of time, I have a simply way around this.

I announce, "I'm going off for a while." Which means by myself. Alone.

Being an introvert with a need for truly personal space, we're looking at places with dens. My den = I want to be alone.

You could try, ya know... using your words. It always works pretty well for me.

Here's mine.
View attachment 67151038
That's me and my wife at the table,and my best friends/business partners shooting pool.

That is great mancave. lol The guy standing by the pool table on the far right looks like he's wearing a space helmet.

Lol Sawyer. :lol: I don't think there IS a tactful way, but I honestly say that I do understand. :)

Yeah, I have a problem with that.

I'm an introvert. I have to have my "leave me the **** alone" time and anyone who is going to live with me has to understand that... or find somewhere else to live.

I'm the same way. I don't know what I'd do if Tommy didn't work part-time. Sometimes I even feel bad for him because I'm the one that's around all the time and I get all the privacy I want/need. I was O/T for two days this week, and I'm sure he relished his alone time. I know I would have.

That is perfect. I think everyone needs time to be by themselves.

That is perfect. I think everyone needs time to be by themselves.

I think some people are afraid to be alone. I've never understood this because I'm from a family of gregarious loners, but that's my theory anyway.

I think some have hit on 'the problem'. When we marry we are 'in love' and look for reasons to be together rather than what could drive us apart. I've met a few couples where I can see the mismatch and the friction slowly building. A woman who thinks she always knows best, a man who thinks he is the king of the castle but his wife isn't a queen.

Extrovert and introvert can make a HELLOVA team, but it is a team that had better find ways to cooperate. I have helped my wife be a bit more outgoing, she has tried and tried to find me a social filter that fits... ;)

We make a great team however and one of those 'fits' is as others have mentioned, we have a place where we go the other really has no desire to go but just as important places we go to do little more than be together.

Perhaps a hammock up by the sawmill?

I type this from my reloading room while she is puttering around in her office.... :peace

Someone doubts the loyalty of astronauts.

Stub out the cigar on her cornea.

I think some people are afraid to be alone. I've never understood this because I'm from a family of gregarious loners, but that's my theory anyway.

I know people like that. Ex-wife is afraid to be alone, it literally drives her nuts. She prefers an entire crowd around most of the time.

I suspect it has something to do with a theory similar to one espoused by Ford Prefect.... humans talk all the time out of fear that if they didn't, their brains would start working...

You simply have to make the environment of that place where you like to cogitate unappealing for her. Back in my married days the garage (not connected to the house) was my alone time space. When I noticed it was beginning to be invaded on a regular basis I went shopping for the grossest, most gynecologically explicit centerfolds and hung them everywhere around the garage. Problem solved, company avoided the garage.

Here's mine.
View attachment 67151038

That's a sweet cave Sir!

As others have stated my place is also my garage. Out there I have my music, tools, and alone time. My wife is welcome out there anytime she pleases. She doesn't spend a lot of time out there but once in a while she will bring out a couple beers, pull up a stool and hang out. We talk and hang out while I work on whatever I have on the bench. I actually like it when she does that. After 20 years of marriage I am blessed she still likes hanging out with me and I always enjoy her company.

Back
Top Bottom