• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stats According to States

Digging the Excel geeks 👍😀Lets see death by PowerPoint next lol. Seriously, good work on capturing the data.

Most states' department of health websites (Where I am drawing the data directly from) seem to update every day at 6 AM? What do you mean by that?

They may "update" but that doesn't mean that ALL of the figures get changed. There are, currently, three states that are simply not reporting "recovered" numbers at all and on any given day the number of states that do not report any change in the "recovered" numbers runs to about 25% of the total. One state that does "update" its "recovered" numbers relatively regularly appears to be so far behind in its count that the numbers simply don't make sense (because they give that state a 45% "Mortality Rate (Closed)" and that's simply ludicrous.

What about the updates of cases, hospitalizations, and/or deaths?

*COUGH*

Dec 20?(LOL)

Did you happen to notice the date that the tables dated 20/11/06 (that's November 6, 2020) they were was posted on?

They were posted on Nov 6, 2020.

It's time to put new batteries in your large display digital "DATE - DAY - TIME" wall clock.

Did you happen to notice the date that the tables dated 20/11/06 (that's November 6, 2020) they were was posted on?

They were posted on Nov 6, 2020.

It's time to put new batteries in your large display digital "DATE - DAY - TIME" wall clock.

So what you're saying is this is very Old stats

Here's the current 10 BLUE states that lead with COVID cases(wink)

I'm glad I can Update you

So what you're saying is this is very Old stats

Here's the current 10 BLUE states that lead with COVID cases(wink)

I'm glad I can Update you

They were the stats for the date that they were posted on. When they were posted they were current.

I do appreciate that you truly believe that I have the power to travel back in time so that I can (as an example) post the date for 21/04/12 on 20/04/12 but I really don't.

However, please feel free to continue making a fool of yourself due to your failure to actually read what you respond to.

Do you for anyone on this thread know of a way to capture the rough number of Qanon supporters by state? I've tried a couple of search strings, came up with nothing tangible. I realize they're all anonymous, but there has to be some sort of general estimate per state out there...

On the next edition of my spreadsheet, I am going to add four columns
Three will refer to a number that Trump blamed the World Health Organization (WHO) for. He claimed that because of a slow response time, cases increased Twentyfold. So I want to see what that would look like if we applied to states.

One will be the column for largest city/political tendencies.

Four key takeaways from last update
#1: As has been reported by media outlets, the number of people who receive the second dose of the vaccine, and thus become fully vaccinated, is strongly correlated (0.95 out of a possible 1.00) with the number of people who have received the first dose.

#2: Medium income (0.06) and Trust in City government (0.07) have absolutely no correlation with whether someone is likely to get the first dose of the vaccine. Meanwhile, the number of high school graduates (0.8) and the number of people who participated in the Black Lives Matter protests (0.7) have a positive correlation. However, this could simply be explained by population: the bigger a state is, the more likely they are to have more people vaccinated, more protestors, and more high school graduates.

#3: The number of Black Lives Matter protestors and the number of cases are strongly correlated (0.94 out of 1). This may confirm fears that the protests would have led to an increased number of cases.

#4: The number of cases (0.17), hospitalizations (0.19), deaths (0.16), people with the first shot of vaccine (0.22), people who are fully vaccinated, (0.24), number of high school graduates a state has (0.20), percentage of people who think schools are safe to reopen (-0.06), and number of Black Lives Matter protesters per state (0.27) have a very weak correlation with vaccination approval. Meanwhile, median income (0.65), percentage of people who trust in city government (0.4) have a moderate correlation with vaccine approval. Finally, the percentage of people who trust in Trump (-0.7) had the largest correlation with vaccine approval.

Link to full stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l7aXMqM33Z_NOfLgxfnCzpAAzu6uBNXYFERskusZcA/edit?usp=sharing

Congrats to Arkansas for adding less than 10,000 cases per update for the first time since I've been updating.

Interesting finding: If we accept Trump's number that the World Health Organization contributed to an additional 20% due to a slow response, then what would Trump's number for cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, is exactly 10% of the CDC's estimate, which is that there are actually 800% more cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

Interesting finding: If we accept Trump's number that the World Health Organization contributed to an additional 20% due to a slow response, then what would Trump's number for cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, is exactly 10% of the CDC's estimate, which is that there are actually 800% more cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

I think that you might find these tables (all data from the CDC website) interesting

The first is a bit dated (but it's less than a week old)

DEPLORABLE RATINGS.JPG

and this one is current as of this morning

21-05-21 K3 - VACCINATION VARIANCE.JPG

What does "variance" mean in this sense?

What does "variance" mean in this sense?

If the number is RED, then it is 5+% WORSE than the national average (which is computed daily).

If the number is BLUE, then it is within 5% of the national average.

If the number is GREEN, then it is 5+% BETTER than the national average.

Unfortunately, that's the best poll we've got to go on if we're going to estimate how many potential QAnon supporters there are per state. Unless you know of a better one?

Using my formula, which has to do with 2020 voting records, maximum Republican, maximum Democrats, and minimum independents, plus subtracting the >18 population, I estimate that only three states have more than 1 million QAnon Supporters: Texas, Florida, and California.

5 Key findings:

1. My estimated number of Maximum QAnon supporters makes up 39% of the total number of cases.
  2. California and Texas are the only four states that have over one million QAnon supporters according to my estimates.
  3. Estimates were done by subtracting the percentage of those under 18 according to Bureau statistics, then multiplying by the percentage who voted Republican (Max Republican), Democrat (Max Democrat), and third party (Min Third Party). These three numbers were then multiplied by the percentage that supported QAnon as per this Civiqs poll: https://civiqs.com/results/qanon_su...e=true&Filtered Totals=Total&party=Republican

4) The more safe people think it is to reopen schools, the less QAnon supporters that are in the state.

5) While there definitely seemed to be a link between income and those who stormed the Capitol on 1/6, there is virtually no correlation (-0.016) between income and my estimated number of QAnon supporters.

Link to full stats for this week is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l7aXMqM33Z_NOfLgxfnCzpAAzu6uBNXYFERskusZcA/edit?usp=sharing

Next update: States will be adjusted for 2020 population, percentages will be updated for Civiqs Poll, Trust in Congress will be added, and Cook Political Partisan Voter Index (by state) will be added.

Random statistical fluke of the day:
The correlation of #BLM protesters with those who complete the vaccination series (0.972) is higher than those who protested and initiated the series (0.719). Some of this can be attributed to the way states report first doses, which sometimes converts those that have completed vaccinations from first doses -- so the first dose number becomes smaller).

Any other avenue I could go down for this? Most African-American cities by state and their district's PVI, for example, or...?

Nebraska has stopped publishing its databases and is winding down its test program. Its state of emergency has also ended.

Back
Top Bottom