• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stats According to States

ThANK YOU! :) This might be the answer :)

New stats - top 3 developments

1) Trust in the White House goes up or down depending soon how they felt about Trump’s trustworthiness.

1614923368199.png

2) Montana, Rhode Island, and West Virginia have begun the vaccination of the higher percentage of their citizens, with over 17%

3) Alabama has fully vaccinated the least of their population, with 0.4%, while Wyoming has fully vaccinated the most of their population, with 10%.

(Last update cycle was between 1/29 and 3/4 -- link found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l7aXMqM33Z_NOfLgxfnCzpAAzu6uBNXYFERskusZcA/edit?usp=sharing )

New stats - top 3 developments

1) Trust in the White House goes up or down depending soon how they felt about Trump’s trustworthiness.

View attachment 67321489

2) Montana, Rhode Island, and West Virginia have begun the vaccination of the higher percentage of their citizens, with over 17%

3) Alabama has fully vaccinated the least of their population, with 0.4%, while Wyoming has fully vaccinated the most of their population, with 10%.

(Last update cycle was between 1/29 and 3/4 -- link found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l7aXMqM33Z_NOfLgxfnCzpAAzu6uBNXYFERskusZcA/edit?usp=sharing )

I am now categorizing the states by how much they vary from "The American Neutral" (defined as being exactly 50% "Republican" [whatever that means] and 50% "Democrat" [whatever that means]). The "LOAN" states are "more 'leftish' than the American Neutral", the "MOAN states are "mostly on American Neutral", and the "ROAN" states are " more 'rightish' than American Neutral".

If you look at all states (rather than cherry picking so as to advance an agenda), here is what the results look like.

21-03-07 D1b - Red vs Blue - Cases TABLE.JPG
21-03-07 D1c - Red vs Blue - Deaths TABLE.JPG
21-03-07 E2 - Red vs Blue - Mortality TABLE.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​

Interesting. Higher death rate on LOAN states, but higher case rate on ROAN states. That seems to indicate that ROAN states are better at treating cases with COVID whereas LOAN states are better at prevention.

Does LOAN and ROAN account for states that might have a Governor/legislative body of opposite parties? If so, where do they go?

Interesting. Higher death rate on LOAN states, but higher case rate on ROAN states. That seems to indicate that ROAN states are better at treating cases with COVID whereas LOAN states are better at prevention.

Does LOAN and ROAN account for states that might have a Governor/legislative body of opposite parties? If so, where do they go?

It appears that the LOAN states got a higher death rate because they were attacked earlier when the methodology of treatment wasn't as well developed.

The rating DOES take into account variances such as where a state might have a Governor/legislative body of opposite parties.

LoanMoanRoan Table.JPG
The percentages do NOT always add up to 100% because the "minor parties" are not listed. So if Mr. ["R"] got 51 votes, Ms. ["D"] got 39 votes, and Mx. ["I"] got 10 votes, that would be listed as 51.00% and 39.00% NOT as 56..66 and 43.33%.

If you catch any typos or data entry errors, please let me know.

Also, what do you make of the estimates by the Economist, CDC, etc., that say that the numbers are anywhere from 4%-10% higher than actually reported?

Also, what do you make of the estimates by the Economist, CDC, etc., that say that the numbers are anywhere from 4%-10% higher than actually reported?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if the numbers were anywhere from 4% to 10% LOWER than actually reported.

It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if the numbers were anywhere from 10% lower to 10% higher than actually reported.

Equally it wouldn't surprise me in the least if some countries' numbers were high and other countries' numbers were low AND that one (somewhat) offset the other.

That being said, the only rational assumption to make is that the reporting agencies are being consistent in their error. That means that the trends are likely to be reasonably accurate.

Cool! Now you have the state breakdown to add to yours. Depending on how on top of it you are, your total will not add up to mine though.

In re masks: For some reason, when I wear them, they fall off my nose (though they do cover my mouth) and constantly have to re-adjust. Any idea how to fix that?
I noticed during the debates over the EC certification, many Congress people were having the same problem. Do you talk a lot wearing your mask? I dunno, it doesn't happen to mine.
Maybe you could tighten up the ear loops? Maybe the elastic gets stretched out?

I am inputting the COVID Consortium stats for Pre-Biden era trust of City Governments. What I'm finding is that people in conservative states trust their city government less than more liberal states. I also did an update of Idaho today -- only 7.9% total of the population has had one shot, making them lag far behind all the other states. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be?

I am inputting the COVID Consortium stats for Pre-Biden era trust of City Governments. What I'm finding is that people in conservative states trust their city government less than more liberal states. I also did an update of Idaho today -- only 7.9% total of the population has had one shot, making them lag far behind all the other states. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be?

Possibly

IDAHO.JPG

The higher from 0 the more right it is, the lower from the 0 the more left it is, and the closer to 0, the more neutral the state is. Is that correct?

The higher from 0 the more right it is, the lower from the 0 the more left it is, and the closer to 0, the more neutral the state is. Is that correct?

Yes (but the direction is arbitrary). I could have done it the other way around, but everyone is so used to "Red -> Blue" (rather than "Blue -> "Red") [and most scales run "Negative" -> "Positive"] that that was the easiest way of conceptualizing it.

21-03-31 J2 - R to B SEQUENTIAL TABLE.JPG
RvB CALCS.JPG

So -48.17 (DC, if my eyes aren't deceiving me) should be read as "48.17 points in the blue," or something like that? I'm just trying to figure out how to use that number in a sentence is all.

So -48.17 (DC, if my eyes aren't deceiving me) should be read as "48.17 points in the blue," or something like that? I'm just trying to figure out how to use that number in a sentence is all.

Will

On a scale of - 50 to +50 (with -50 being the very "leftmost" border of mainstream American politics and +50 being the very "rightmost" border of mainstream American politics), DC scores -48.17 (which is about as far to the left of American mainstream politics as you can get without toppling off the edge).​

do?

BTW, if you are going to use terms like "in the blue" or "in the red" and want to be understood internationally, it's better not to - because when you refer to a political party being "in the blue" the people outside of the United States of America will think that you are talking about a "conservative" political party and if you say a party is "in the red" the people outside of the United States of America will think you are talking about a "liberal" political party.

Admittedly you wouldn't be wrong if you said that the Democratic Party (whose "progressive wing" overlaps the "conservative wing" of the Conservative Party of Canada) was "in the blue", but saying that the Republican Party is "in the red" (in other than a financial sense) will cause great guffaws of hilarious laughter outside of the United States of America.

Thank you :)

I'm also noticing another trend, correlative, but still: If residents of large cities trust their city governments, the more likely they are to Trust Biden, Scientists and Researchers, and Fauci, and the less likely they are to Trust Trump or the White House.

This brings me to the question: Specifically, of the ROAN states, what states have the largest cities that lean REPUBLICAN and not Democrat? I can name the three most likely, Idaho, West Virginia, and Wyoming, but are there any others? The reason I am asking this is because, in most states, the largest cities trend Democratic, so I want to narrow down the states I am looking at for my next analysis. :)

Thank you :)

I'm also noticing another trend, correlative, but still: If residents of large cities trust their city governments, the more likely they are to Trust Biden, Scientists and Researchers, and Fauci, and the less likely they are to Trust Trump or the White House.

Now that's interesting. I wonder if there isn't some sort of "Generalized Trust in Government" factor which come into play the more the individual is reliant on other people to provide services/assistance to them.

This brings me to the question: Specifically, of the ROAN states, what states have the largest cities that lean REPUBLICAN and not Democrat? I can name the three most likely, Idaho, West Virginia, and Wyoming, but are there any others? The reason I am asking this is because, in most states, the largest cities trend Democratic, so I want to narrow down the states I am looking at for my next analysis. :)

I have enough trouble burrowing down to the state legislature level without tearing out what is left of my hair trying to get down to the municipal level.

However, (as of 18 JAN 21) only 25% of America's 100 largest cities have "Republican" (whatever that means [and it appears to mean different things at the national, state, county, and municipal levels]) mayors. Listed by population you have

REPUBLICAN MAYORS.JPG

AND BY STATE

REPUBLICAN MAYORS 2.JPG

Unfortunately none of your "leaning states" make the list.

Thank you. That gives me a starting point for more research :)

Here's another odd one: Vaccine Approval/Acceptance also currently has almost no correlation with the number of people who have gotten the first shot (0.16, where 0 means no correlation)

Here's another odd one: Vaccine Approval/Acceptance also currently has almost no correlation with the number of people who have gotten the first shot (0.16, where 0 means no correlation)

That could well be because not all that many people have received their first shot and there are lots of people who want to get theirs waiting to get it.

That why I said "currently." I'm aware there were ... distribution oddities (and that's putting it nicely). When I finish inputting the data for the city government, I will turn my attention to those cities :)

Thank you for bearing with me on the slow pace it takes to updates and the fact that the states weren't all updated on the same day. :)

That why I said "currently." I'm aware there were ... distribution oddities (and that's putting it nicely). When I finish inputting the data for the city government, I will turn my attention to those cities :)

Thank you for bearing with me on the slow pace it takes to updates and the fact that the states weren't all updated on the same day. :)

You will also find that the states don't actually "update" on anything like a regular basis.

Most states' department of health websites (Where I am drawing the data directly from) seem to update every day at 6 AM? What do you mean by that?

Back
Top Bottom