• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims

Re: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Musli

He's not perpetuating a social condition such as systemic privilege, so he may be a racial bigot (I haven't seen evidence beyond what could be random chance) but he has no power to oppress white people as a group so there's no effective ism.

I disagree. Blacks have no power to oppress whites as a group because whites are the power majority. Therefore, he cannot threaten us as a group nor impact us as a group. So, he's perhaps a racial bigot but has no social backing to take part in the social construct of racism.

Don't equate racial bigotry and racism; racism is a social construct while bigotry is an individual act alone.

Well, I'll tell you what, Eco -- if I hop in my car right now, I could be to Umpqua Community College in about an hour. I might be able to round up a few friends and family members of the victims so you can tell them, yourself, how much they weren't impacted.

Re: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Musli

OP article:

*Donald Trump Says He's 'Looking Into' Getting Rid of Muslim People in the U.S. | Complex

The OP article continues...

The subject is domestic terrorism.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/05/isil-texas-attack/26910117/

What can we add to this ? The Boston Marathon bombings ?

9/11 ? They left that out of their " study " for some reason.

The failed Times Square truck bombing ?

So I'm a racist ?

Who said that? I said that claiming being called a racist is a win is, in fact and without a doubt, apologizing for and supporting racism. You're encouraging people to consider being called out for racism to be a win. I bet it's very effective with stupid children.

Islamic State claims responsibility for Texas attack

What can we add to this ? The Boston Marathon bombings ?

9/11 ? They left that out of their " study " for some reason.

The failed Times Square truck bombing ?

My citation is a link from the article, not random. I included it to explain which Trump remark, specifically, the article is referring to. And that remark is regarding domestic terrorism.

YOUR Link:

"..Using data compiled by New America, a Washington Research center, a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim—including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.—compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists.".."

So, the 1% of the population who are Muslim have killed Less than the rest/99%.
Wiki population: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States
(forget Citizen.Seven's BOGUS Muslim Link and "10%")

Wow/Doh, what a strong point you make!
Alas not proportionally less.
1% of the population, Muslims, are responsible for 35% of the Victims. (26/74).
Meaning/CONFIRMING Muslims, are Inordinately Violent/Terrorist.
OOOPS

Beyond, and even if we leave out 9/11....

The study doesn't Include the 69 FOILED Muslim Terror plots since 2001.
69th Known Islamist Terror Plot and the Ongoing Spike in Terrorism Should Force Congress to Finally Confront the Terror Threat
Arresting Hundreds and saving at least THOUSANDS of Lives.

/] Backfired Leftist PC GARBAGE. (and the 7 posters/and-counting who gave that Misleading and Inane OP 'likes')
Well, I just quoted the first thing I hit for number of muslims, ~6.6 million, or about 2% of the population. Because the site looked a little wonky, I arbitrarily upped the numbers, and struck on 26 million just to make the math easier. In other words, I gave every single break to the oppossing argument I could, perhaps absurdly so. Even doing that, per capita, Muslims are 6x (more like 25x) more likely than non-muslims for killing for extremist reasons. That's a huge ratio. It's a bigger ratio than the relative rates of cancer incidents between smokers and non-smokers

Well, I'll tell you what, Eco -- if I hop in my car right now, I could be to Umpqua Community College in about an hour. I might be able to round up a few friends and family members of the victims so you can tell them, yourself, how much they weren't impacted.

Whites as a group are not threatened. Individual whites can be oppressed but whites as a group cannot be. To misconstrue my words as individuals cannot be impacted by bigotry from minorities is stupid at best.

Do you understand the difference between an individual being oppressed and a group being oppressed?

Who said that? I said that claiming being called a racist is a win is, in fact and without a doubt, apologizing for and supporting racism. You're encouraging people to consider being called out for racism to be a win. I bet it's very effective with stupid children.

Well here its just a race to the bottom because it usually means the poster has run out of intelligent and relevant things to say.

Despite what Donald Trump and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn't Muslim extremism.In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extemists who aren't of the Muslim faith.

Read the article here: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims - Yahoo News

This doesn't surprise me.

Is this news to anyone?

so in the last twenty years how many people in the USA have been killed by white supremacists?

well Alan Berg was killed by white supremacists but that was bit longer than 20 years ago

and we lost 3000 people to 9-11

so what are the other deaths attributable to white supremacists

Well James Byrd probably counts-we are up to two

conveniently leaving out 9-11 is pretty pathetic.

and I doubt they can prove white supremacy was the actual motivation of some of those 48 murders

someone who hates blacks might not necessarily be a white supremacist, just a racist BTW

Whites as a group are not threatened. Individual whites can be oppressed but whites as a group cannot be. To misconstrue my words as individuals cannot be impacted by bigotry from minorities is stupid at best.

Do you understand the difference between an individual being oppressed and a group being oppressed?

if you get the crap beat out of you or you are raped and sodomized because you are white, what difference does it make. racism is racism and this crap that blacks cannot be racists is well

racist

if you get the crap beat out of you or you are raped and sodomized because you are white, what difference does it make.

The difference is whites as a group are not threatened or oppressed because we are the majority power.

Understanding the social aspects of a social construct, as opposed to reducing it to an individual action, is not racist.

Stop equating racism with racial bigotry.

The difference is whites as a group are not threatened or oppressed.

Understanding the social aspects of a social construct, as opposed to reducing it to an individual action, is not racist.

Stop equating racism with racial bigotry.

stop telling me that your stilted and silly definition of racism is the one I have to use. racism is racism no matter what the color of the racist

stop telling me that your stilted and silly definition of racism is the one I have to use. racism is racism no matter what the color of the racist

Racism is more than racial bigotry. It's a social construct defined by social dynamics, and excluding oppression from the discussion is a small-minded attempt to excuse/ignore oppression.

Racism is more than racial bigotry. It's a social construct defined by social dynamics, and excluding oppression from the discussion is a small-minded attempt to excuse/ignore oppression.

definition noted, and rejected. I don't agree with your limited definition. A racist's hatred of another race is racism and the membership in a group is not going to change that based on the relative economic power of the racist's group

definition noted, and rejected. I don't agree with your limited definition. A racist's hatred of another race is racism and the membership in a group is not going to change that based on the relative economic power of the racist's group

It's not my definition that's limited, its yours. You refuse to admit that racism is more than racial bigotry, it's a social construct involving oppression. One cannot understand racism by stopping at racial bigotry.

When a black person says he hates whites, it's racial bigotry. There is no threat to whites as a group. When a white person says he hates blacks, it is a threat to blacks as a group due to the inherent support of systemic privilege.

Last edited:

It's not my definition that's limited, its yours. You refuse to admit that racism is more than racial bigotry, it's a social construct involving oppression. One cannot understand racism by stopping at racial bigotry.

When a black person says he hates whites, it's racial bigotry. There is no threat to whites as a group. When a white person says he hates blacks, it is a threat to blacks as a group due to the inherent support of systemic privilege.

You have been making this claim for at least a couple years and few people buy it. racism is something an individual engages in, and what group he is in doesn't change his attitudes. Your definition is not accepted by me or for that matter, most of the posters on this board. and you have failed to prove your definition is controlling

and your crap about privilege is just that.

You have been making this claim for at least a couple years and few people buy it. racism is something an individual engages in, and what group he is in doesn't change his attitudes. Your definition is not accepted by me or for that matter, most of the posters on this board. and you have failed to prove your definition is controlling

It's not just economic power, it's political power as well and dominance of the housing, employment and justice systems. Without having the majority power in these areas, racial bigotry is socially just pissing in the wind. With a majority power in these areas, racial bigotry contributes to the oppression of a group and thus rises to racism - a social construct.

and your crap about privilege is just that.

Believing blacks get a fair shake in employment, housing and justice is idiocy.

ps. I've held this position for decades, not just a couple years.

Last edited:

Jim Webb and the Democrats’ white-man problem.....

“I think this is where Democrats screw up, you know?” Webb said. “I think that they have kind of unwittingly used this group, white working males, as a whipping post for a lot of their policies. And then when they react, they say they're being racist.”

Webb, who won a Virginia Senate seat by the slimmest of margins in 2006, suggests that he is the Democrat who can communicate directly to those voters. Webb's "whipping post" construct also appeared in a 2010 piece for the Wall Street Journal called "Diversity and the Myth of White Privilege." In the piece, he argued against race-based diversity programs like Affirmative Action and said that poor and working-class Southern whites have been ignored by policy-makers and lumped together into "a fungible monolith." He wrote about the lack of college degrees in this group, painting a more diverse picture of white America.

With his blunt race-specific rhetoric about white people, Webb is staking out some interesting terrain. In a presidential campaign, it won't necessarily bear fruit in terms of votes or make much of a sturdy platform to win a race against another Democrat. But it's just the sort of identity politics that could push other candidates to rely less on dog whistles ("working class" as stand in for white, "inner city" as stand in for black and poor) when talking about race.....snip~

Jim Webb and the Democrats’ white-man problem - The Washington Post

Looks like Webb understands the Demos Code Words.....very well.

Which is why Webb continues to be my favorite for VP with HRC if she wins the nomination.

As you remember me saying several months ago .

“I think this is where Democrats screw up, you know?” Webb said. “I think that they have kind of unwittingly used this group, white working males, as a whipping post for a lot of their policies. And then when they react, they say they're being racist.”

Webb, who won a Virginia Senate seat by the slimmest of margins in 2006, suggests that he is the Democrat who can communicate directly to those voters. Webb's "whipping post" construct also appeared in a 2010 piece for the Wall Street Journal called "Diversity and the Myth of White Privilege." In the piece, he argued against race-based diversity programs like Affirmative Action and said that poor and working-class Southern whites have been ignored by policy-makers and lumped together into "a fungible monolith." He wrote about the lack of college degrees in this group, painting a more diverse picture of white America.

With his blunt race-specific rhetoric about white people, Webb is staking out some interesting terrain. In a presidential campaign, it won't necessarily bear fruit in terms of votes or make much of a sturdy platform to win a race against another Democrat. But it's just the sort of identity politics that could push other candidates to rely less on dog whistles ("working class" as stand in for white, "inner city" as stand in for black and poor) when talking about race.....snip~

Which is why Webb continues to be my favorite for VP with HRC if she wins the nomination.

As you remember me saying several months ago .

Webb can't stand Hillary. Kind of like most of the country. So it will never happen.

Webb can't stand Hillary. Kind of like most of the country. So it will never happen.

McKinley couldn't stand Teddy Roosevelt.

How'd that work out ?

Webb actually has credentials other than whom he once slept with to be president

The subject is domestic threat.

Sorry, I read the title of the thread, Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims, and totally missed the word domestic.

Sorry, I read the title of the thread, Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims, and totally missed the word domestic.

Read the article, it's about a statement by Trump regarding domestic terrorism (click on the link with 'Trump'). The article further specifies domestic terrorism throughout.

I'm sorry you didn't see it, but it's the case.

Why aren't we hearing more about Webb? He is a Dem candidate for POTUS, isn't he, but the headlines all seem to be about Sanders. Will he be part of the first DEM debate in a few days? Granted, Sanders seems to be sending a message that a lot of people agree with, but I'd like to hear from others, too.

Last edited:

McKinley couldn't stand Teddy Roosevelt.

How'd that work out ?

The difference was McKinley and Teddy weren't about selling out this Country. Unlike Hillary and the New Demo Party.

Back
Top Bottom