• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims

Re: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Musli

and racist.

I've no idea why that would be about white supremacists.

It is only the subject of this thread. :doh

The propagandizing moron who wrote the piece made it so.

Re: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Musli

My point was merely to suggest that the numbers cited in Keisha's article are bogus. She's claiming 26 deaths by Islamic extremists since 2001 when in fact the number appears to be closer to 80. The whole thing is bogus anyway. We can compare Christians to Muslims; we can compare white supremacists to the 5%-ers and Panthers, etc., But we can't equate "jihadists" to "white extremists." How do you even define a white extremist? We have militia groups all over this country, in virtually every county. You're going to label them all "extremists"?

Fair to a point - But how many have an anti Govt agenda. Just as many saw the Military exercise in Texas as a Military coup conducted by the US on behalf of the UN. Complete nutters to say the least.
My stating 911 should not be included as the OP is about post 911 and screws the numbers.
Equally reasonable point as you make that not all Militias are anti govt.
The Police stats do tell what they name as the threat in order of importance. So when do you support the police and intel, only when it agrees with you, or do you give them some benefit for knowing what the threats are?

and racist.

He's not perpetuating a social condition such as systemic privilege, so he may be a racial bigot (I haven't seen evidence beyond what could be random chance) but he has no power to oppress white people as a group so there's no effective ism.

It is only the subject of this thread. :doh

I disagree. Blacks have no power to oppress whites as a group because whites are the power majority. Therefore, he cannot threaten us as a group nor impact us as a group. So, he's perhaps a racial bigot but has no social backing to take part in the social construct of racism.

Don't equate racial bigotry and racism; racism is a social construct while bigotry is an individual act alone.

Interesting concept.
Timothy McVeigh comes to mind, yes. And the kid in South Carolina who shot-up the folks at the historic church there.
Black people are just as vulnerable as white people to crime, as are Muslims as well.
The DC Sniper balanced out the odds somewhat, if the 1 in 10 population ratio means anything.
I would therefore say it balances out between wacko's on either side of the color divide.
Blacks commit HALF the USA's Murder and Robbery .. and at app 8x the rate of Whites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Homicide

River Oaks said:
And with Muslims being an ever smaller population group, they would naturally account for even less occurrences.
Just my anecdotal guess at this point.

I therefore conclude hypothetically pre-experimentation and research that
wacko's infest all groups, and their approximate preponderance within the society will determine the number of occurrences of crime incidents such as mass killings and spree killings.
So you just ignore what was posted: 26 of 74 Terrorist deaths/35% have been committed by 1% of the population that is Muslim.

You ignored Utterly, the OP, Everything that's been posted, and can't be bothered with anything.
Just make absolutely BaseLess prouncements.
Yep, we need more posts like the above.

EDIT:
Note Below 'River Oaks' usual 1000% Whiff on my rebuttal of his whimsy post

Last edited:

So what I gather from this, even including 9-11, is that the odds of being a victim of ANY king of terrorist attack in the U.S. is so statistically small it doesn't merit worrying about.

So what? Racists are still a much greater threat to the quality of this site than Muslims.

What " Racist " ?

When actual racist post here they're typically reported and then subsequentially banned.

What's a greater threat to this forum than Islamo-Terrorsist are people who equate " racism " to a difference of opinion

These people see racism around every corner and use the charge of racism like a crutch in a feeble attempt to shut down a losing debate.

They cheapen the whole issue of racism because theyre emotionally compromised and simply incapable of offering up a intelligent rebuttal.

My advice to these posters would be to " Grow up ", use your big boy words.

Blacks commit HALF the USA's Murder and Robbery .. and at app 8x the rate of Whites.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Homicide

So you just ignore what was posted: 26 of 74 Terrorist deaths/35% have been committed by 1% of the population that is Muslim.

You ignored Utterly, the OP, Everything that's been posted, and can't be bothered with anything.
Just make absolutely BaseLess prouncements.
Yep, we need more posts/tra-la-las like the above.

You're way off topic.

I am guessing that your hangover from last night has not yet worn off.

And also that you are a fighting drunk not a loving one.

:)

So what I gather from this, even including 9-11, is that the odds of being a victim of ANY king of terrorist attack in the U.S. is so statistically small it doesn't merit worrying about.

That's called The Herd Mentality.

Most Americans and virtually all Europeans and Asians have it.

What " Racist " ?

Big surprise.

When actual racist post here they're typically reported and then subsequentially banned.

False. No one is banned for beliefs, members are banned for breaking the rules.

These people see racism around every corner and use the charge of racism like a crutch in a feeble attempt to shut down a losing debate.

They cheapen the whole issue of racism because theyre emotionally compromised and simply incapable of offering up a intelligent rebuttal.

My advice to these posters would be to " Grow up ", use your big boy words.

Racism apologism. "Get called a racist and you win!" I bet that works great when brainwashing stupid children.

No, but keep believing that if it makes you feel better and alleviates others' assessments. Play the victim.

You are the poster that says blacks can't be racist because they have no power.

Other minorities are powerless as well, so when you say racist, you mean whites.

You are the poster that says blacks can't be racist because they have no power.

Wrong. Blacks have power they just don't have a majority power that would permit the oppression of another group.

Other minorities are powerless as well, so when you say racist, you mean whites.

They're not powerless, they simply lack the power majority required to oppress another group.

Not all whites are racist, so I do not equate white and racist.

Racism is not merely racial bigotry, it's a social construct and is about oppression. Equating racism with racial bigotry is ignoring the social impacts of a social construct. It's removing the social aspects of a social construct and reducing it to an individual act so as to sidestep any social considerations.

Lastly, we may note that anyone can be a racial bigot and it is abhorrent no matter from whom.

Despite what Donald Trump and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn't Muslim extremism.In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extemists who aren't of the Muslim faith.

Read the article here: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims - Yahoo News

This doesn't surprise me.

Is this news to anyone?

Statistics can say whatever you want them to say.

51FKg7ecS%2BL._AA160_.jpg
10 bucks on Amazon.

Despite what Donald Trump and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn't Muslim extremism.In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extemists who aren't of the Muslim faith.

Read the article here: Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims - Yahoo News

Is this news to anyone?

Well that was a bunch of nonsense. Forty eight people killed by white racists and 28 or so killed by home grown islamists. Add nearly 4000 at the world trade center and you can understand how much nonsense the article is.

Fair to a point - But how many have an anti Govt agenda. Just as many saw the Military exercise in Texas as a Military coup conducted by the US on behalf of the UN. Complete nutters to say the least.
My stating 911 should not be included as the OP is about post 911 and screws the numbers.
Equally reasonable point as you make that not all Militias are anti govt.
The Police stats do tell what they name as the threat in order of importance. So when do you support the police and intel, only when it agrees with you, or do you give them some benefit for knowing what the threats are?

I think it's fair to say that every militia group organizes around a core belief that government today is overly intrusive and oppressive. It's not that they're anti-government; it's that they believe government has been commandeered by a party that is intent on subjugating all. And it's very common in the mindset, young and old alike.

Texas I thought was really interesting; but needless to say, the struggle continues. And that's a good example of the abuse of power.

When do I support the police? When they're addressing criminal behavior and providing emergency services. I would not support them in another WACO-like federal police action.

Is this news to anyone?

Took a look at their "source". It includes things that have nothing to do with race. Like a bank robbery that was meant to get money in order to fund getting weapons in order to get revenge for the Waco Massacre. Hardly a white extremist there. More like an anti-government couple of idiots. Another one is about a guy that hated liberals and gays, hardly white supremacy stuff there.

In other words they're using a site that is talking about right wing extremism. Not white supremacism. Yahoo.news failed big time here.

I'm sorry - while White Supremacists are not a laughing matter, I can't really take the stats from this site seriously. For instance:

Poplawski frequented white supremacist websites and expressed anti-government and racist views.

Right - I find myself on Stormfront every once in a while so I can direct leftists to see that the only problem these people have with Bernie is that he's jewish - otherwise they'd be all about him. I'm not a white supremacist because of that. Not to mention, in my twenties I found gay-clubs were a great place to pick up women - frequenting these establishments never made me gay.

According to the local police, Holley had planned the ambush, held anti-government political beliefs, and had made previous threats against police that put him on a police watch list

Simply being anti-government does not a white supremacist make.

In February 2010, Andrew Joseph Stack crashed a small aircraft into an Internal Revenue Service office building killing one person. Stack left an anti-government, anti-tax manifesto behind. Stack had a long history of anti-tax views. He died in the crash.

Again.

OK, this is all a joke, right? This whole topic?

Well that was a bunch of nonsense. Forty eight people killed by white racists and 28 or so killed by home grown islamists. Add nearly 4000 at the world trade center and you can understand how much nonsense the article is.

The subject is domestic threat.

Took a look at their "source". It includes things that have nothing to do with race. Like a bank robbery that was meant to get money in order to fund getting weapons in order to get revenge for the Waco Massacre. Hardly a white extremist there. More like an anti-government couple of idiots. Another one is about a guy that hated liberals and gays, hardly white supremacy stuff there.

In other words they're using a site that is talking about right wing extremism. Not white supremacism. Yahoo.news failed big time here.

Here again are the stats- Extremists with out doubt - as this news story does show. Now sure how many were white supremacists, do not know.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...es-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0
Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html

I think it's fair to say that every militia group organizes around a core belief that government today is overly intrusive and oppressive. It's not that they're anti-government; it's that they believe government has been commandeered by a party that is intent on subjugating all. And it's very common in the mindset, young and old alike.

Texas I thought was really interesting; but needless to say, the struggle continues. And that's a good example of the abuse of power.

When do I support the police? When they're addressing criminal behavior and providing emergency services. I would not support them in another WACO-like federal police action.

Struggle?
Abuse of power?
Are not a number of Militias quite, shall we say hard core?

Here again are the stats- Extremists with out doubt - as this news story does show. Now sure how many were white supremacists, do not know.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...es-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0
Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

Homegrown Extremism: Deadly Attacks Since 9/11 | The International Security Program

That second link is where I got my info that I related in my post.

In any case, those links are talking about extremism in general. Not specifically white supremacism. IE: The Yahoo article fails big time. It fails because the article tries to single out white supremacism as being worse than radical muslims but the stats it links to and shows are not all about white supremacy. It includes some white supremacy, but it also includes several that have nothing to do with it.

That second link is where I got my info that I related in my post.

In any case, those links are talking about extremism in general. Not specifically white supremacism. IE: The Yahoo article fails big time. It fails because the article tries to single out white supremacism as being worse than radical muslims but the stats it links to and shows are not all about white supremacy. It includes some white supremacy, but it also includes several that have nothing to do with it.
Not all reporters or editors are bright.

The subject is domestic threat.

The title of the thread: "Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims"

No, the subject is not domestic threat.

Big surprise.

False. No one is banned for beliefs, members are banned for breaking the rules.

Racism apologism. "Get called a racist and you win!" I bet that works great when brainwashing stupid children.

So I'm a racist ?

Why exactly ?

The title of the thread: "Statistics Show White Supremacy is a Bigger Threat to the U.S. Than Radical Muslims"

No, the subject is not domestic threat.

OP article:

Despite what Donald Trump* and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn’t Muslim extremism. In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extremists who aren’t of the Muslim faith.

*Donald Trump Says He's 'Looking Into' Getting Rid of Muslim People in the U.S. | Complex

The OP article continues...

While the public hasn't quite caught on yet, scholars say that the issue needs to be addressed. “There’s an acceptance now of the idea that the threat from jihadi terrorism in the United States has been overblown,” Dr. John G. Horgan, who studies terrorism at the University of Massachusetts said. “And there’s a belief that the threat of right-wing, antigovernment violence has been underestimated.”

The subject is domestic terrorism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom