• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathrooms

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Surprise: There are zero reported cases of this happening. Several states, including Arizona, Florida, Texas and Kentucky, have considered or are considering enacting so-called "bathroom bills," which restrict transgender people from using the bathroom in line with their gender identity, and are framed as "protective" measures against "sexual predators."
But these bills are not protective. They're vehicles for instilling fear of trans and gender-nonconforming people. For example, Florida State Representative Frank Artiles (R), who sponsored the Single Sex Public Facilities bill (HB 583), did not provide any evidence that a trans person has ever attacked cisgender (non-transgender) people in public restrooms whenpressed by BuzzFeed in February. On his blog, Artiles wrote that this bill is a "preventative" measure and was not spurred by a specific incident.
https://mic.com/articles/114066/sta...ple-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.LAY2cqd6A

I get the want to keep restrooms safe... so worry about the real threats please? MMkay? Not your politically driven nonsense.

Re: Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathroom

You want nonsense? How about a mentally ill man pretending to be a woman. How's that for nonsense?

That you say that shows you don't understand the issue. I'm sorry you dismiss the issue with such ignorance.

Re: Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathroom

That you say that shows you don't understand the issue. I'm sorry you dismiss the issue with such ignorance.

He's disagreeing with the classification of the issue. Go ahead and make your case why you think being a woman when you're a man is not mental illness though. Keep in mind that other mental illnesses are issues people are born with and come from developmental issues in the brain.

No, what is shows is that you and all other 'trans' supporters live in a perpetual fantasy world completely isolated from the reality of men being men and women being women. Excuse us if we find the very idea of a man in a dress being called 'her', ludicrous.

You may have your fantasy, just don't expect normal people to play along with it. And that includes allowing you in the wrong bathroom.

https://mic.com/articles/114066/sta...ple-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.LAY2cqd6A

I get the want to keep restrooms safe... so worry about the real threats please? MMkay? Not your politically driven nonsense.

The issue - as you identified earlier and separately - is not simply that they are letting those going through the process of transgender surgery, hormone therapy, etc into bathrooms not of their sex, but that they are not allowing any screening mechanism whatsoever to keep predators from abusing their newfound ability to gain access as they please.

No, what is shows is that you and all other 'trans' supporters live in a perpetual fantasy world completely isolated from the reality of men being men and women being women. Excuse us if we find the very idea of a man in a dress being called 'her', ludicrous.

You may have your fantasy, just don't expect normal people to play along with it. And that includes allowing you in the wrong bathroom.

Exactly. Believe whatever you want about yourself, but don't sit there and act like I'm somehow out of line for not believing in falsehoods.

And you live in a fantasy world where if someone isn't "normal" they are broken,and you'd rather they stay broken then fix their issue because for you the fix makes you uncomfortable. Transgender people just want to live their lives without suffering, you want them to suffer. The best medical opinions out there say Gender Dysphoria is NOT a mental illness, and the best treatment is to determine how much alteration of the body is needed to match the mental to alleviate the suffering.

For some, it's so little you'd never know, for others it's full on transition. These are not mentally ill people who pose a threat to society. They are good people trying to lead normal lives. Try doing a little reading up on the issue, you might be surprised how misguided, however well intended, your beliefs really are.

The issue - as you identified earlier and separately - is not simply that they are letting those going through the process of transgender surgery, hormone therapy, etc into bathrooms not of their sex, but that they are not allowing any screening mechanism whatsoever to keep predators from abusing their newfound ability to gain access as they please.

I believe there need be controls, I agree that this madness in play right now is bad.

You want nonsense? How about a mentally ill man pretending to be a woman. How's that for nonsense?

How about it? How does that cause any harm? Do women's bathrooms not have stalls? Do we not already have laws against sex crimes? How often does that actually happen?

And you live in a fantasy world where if someone isn't "normal" they are broken,and you'd rather they stay broken then fix their issue because for you the fix makes you uncomfortable. Transgender people just want to live their lives without suffering, you want them to suffer. The best medical opinions out there say Gender Dysphoria is NOT a mental illness, and the best treatment is to determine how much alteration of the body is needed to match the mental to alleviate the suffering.

For some, it's so little you'd never know, for others it's full on transition. These are not mentally ill people who pose a threat to society. They are good people trying to lead normal lives. Try doing a little reading up on the issue, you might be surprised how misguided, however well intended, your beliefs really are.

Tell me, if you're not broken why are you at this very moment taking hormone treatment and why do you desire surgery? If nothing at all is wrong with you then exactly why do you feel you're a woman in the first place?

I'll wait..

Oh and again, making your body look female isn't fixing your issue. Jesus, you have had this issue for how long? Exactly how long have you known about it? How is it even possible you haven't even looked at the research yet? The brain is in your problem. Exactly what are they doing to you to fix your brain? Nothing? Yeah, nothing.

Tell me, if you're not broken why are you at this very moment taking hormone treatment and why do you desire surgery? If nothing at all is wrong with you then exactly why do you feel you're a woman in the first place?

I'll wait..

You didn't read what I said...

nd you live in a fantasy world where if someone isn't "normal" they are broken,and you'd rather they stay broken then fix their issue

So in this case, Gender Dysphoria is the mind and body not matching. You cannot fix the mind, we lack that ability. So we fix the body.

The alternative is to say "No, you must not change who you are but we must fix the mind, which we cannot do, so wait in silence until we figure out that brain fix"

You didn't read what I said...

That reads as if you're saying you're not broken.

So in this case, Gender Dysphoria is the mind and body not matching. You cannot fix the mind, we lack that ability. So we fix the body.

There is nothing wrong with the body. CC and others like him are lying to your ass pretty blatantly when they claim the problem is a mismatch between the body and mind. The research doesn't say there is anything wrong with the body, but it does say there is something wrong with the brain. Sure, you can please the brain by changing the body, but the problem is NOT a mismatch. That is dishonest bull**** by a field that does fourty percent of their work faulty(proven as such).

The alternative is to say "No, you must not change who you are but we must fix the mind, which we cannot do, so wait in silence until we figure out that brain fix"

You mean for doctors to not mutilate healthy bodies of patients? You mean, to actually act like ****ing ethical doctors? I know, I know, I'm putting high demands on doctors, aren't I?

That reads as if you're saying you're not broken.

There is nothing wrong with the body. CC and others like him are lying to your ass pretty blatantly when they claim the problem is a mismatch between the body and mind. The research doesn't say there is anything wrong with the body, but it does say there is something wrong with the brain. Sure, you can please the brain by changing the body, but the problem is NOT a mismatch. That is dishonest bull**** by a field that does fourty percent of their work faulty(proven as such).

You mean for doctors to not mutilate healthy bodies of patients? You mean, to actually act like ****ing ethical doctors? I know, I know, I'm putting high demands on doctors, aren't I?

We've been round and round on this one Henrin. I can only tell you that for me, personally, accepting I was trans 18 months ago, hormones started a year ago... I have never been more personally content as a person as I am now. I am happy. So maybe you're right, I'm delusionally mentally ill. Maybe you're right that the path I'm on isn't the RIGHT one. In 20 years of searching for a solution, this is the best I've found. So you'll have to excuse me if I sit contentedly happy being "wrong" in your book.

I'm a woman and I can say with absolute certainty I would have exactly zero amounts of fear if Renae or anyone else like Renae came into the ladies' room with me.

I'm a woman and I can say with absolute certainty I would have exactly zero amounts of fear if Renae or anyone else like Renae came into the ladies' room with me.
Yep. Only thing I'd express fear for in the ladies' restroom is a roach infestation.

That **** is just horrible.

We've been round and round on this one Henrin. I can only tell you that for me, personally, accepting I was trans 18 months ago, hormones started a year ago... I have never been more personally content as a person as I am now. I am happy. So maybe you're right, I'm delusionally mentally ill. Maybe you're right that the path I'm on isn't the RIGHT one. In 20 years of searching for a solution, this is the best I've found. So you'll have to excuse me if I sit contentedly happy being "wrong" in your book.

You said it was eighteen months ago like a eight months ago. I think you might have lost count at some point. lol.

Anyway, I still contend even after reading the research that any man that wants to be woman and is crazy enough to want to cut off the balls, take hormone blockers(effectively shutting their testicles down) and warping their body in a unnatural and unhealthy way is mentally ill.

You said it was eighteen months ago like a eight months ago. I think you might have lost count at some point. lol.

Anyway, I still contend even after reading the research that any man that wants to be woman and is crazy enough to want to cut off the balls, take hormone blockers(effectively shutting their testicles down) and warping their body in a unnatural and unhealthy way is mentally ill.

Paul Mchugh? yeah he world tell you what you want to hear. If the timing is off... meh I started E last May took about 6 months of therapy to get them. so 18 months. my time line.

Numbers don't lie but some liars are mighty good with numbers.

:lol:

"The only thing worse than a liar is a liar that's also a hypocrite!" ~ Tennessee Williams

Paul Mchugh? yeah he world tell you what you want to hear. If the timing is off... meh I started E last May took about 6 months of therapy to get them. so 18 months. my time line.

Nope, I didn't take anything from him for my comment. :shrug:

Nope, I didn't take anything from him for my comment. :shrug:

/shrug Then we are still at an empasse. You disagree with the treatment and your only offered solution is for transgendered people to suffer until a fix for the brain is found.

/shrug Then we are still at an empasse. You disagree with the treatment and your only offered solution is for transgendered people to suffer until a fix for the brain is found.

Why would I advise a medically unethical treatment that is acting towards parts of the body that have nothing to do with the condition? What kind of scumbag would I be if I said, well, yeah, there is nothing wrong with your body, but well, I support doctors acting towards it anyways?

Last edited:

Well said.

Why would I advise a medically unethical treatment that is acting towards parts of the body that have nothing to do with the condition? What kind of scumbag would I be if said, well, yeah, there is nothing wrong with your body, but well, I support doctors acting towards it anyways?

What kind of scumbag says "hey just suffer quietly till we find a way I think is better"?

What kind of scumbag says "hey just suffer quietly till we find a way I think is better"?

The kind that doesn't just throw ethics out of the ****ing window.

Back
Top Bottom