• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathrooms

Re: Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathroom

Except the so-called fix doesn't fix what's truly broken. Just puts a new face on the broken. And now we're told they're not even "broken".

CB, when you have a better path to treatment other than to say "Well the mind's still broken..." say it. Come on. Otherwise, you're being silly.

Re: Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathroom

Let me first say that I am glad you are happy and that it is right for everyone to pursue those things that make them happy in life. Now whether or not you are delusional, mentally ill, have some disorder or whatever, hell I'm no doctor, what the hell do I know. What you do with your body and your life is your business. Frankly, I am more freaked out by people with tattoos all over their bodies and face than I am by Bruce Jenner. MY issue with this is my issue with virtually everything--the use of state power to impose a solution on a free people. Obama, for instance, issuing a mandate that covers all public schools is outrageous and should be opposed regardless of how one stands on the trans issue. I am pretty open minded on this stuff but it is a bridge too far for me to refer to refer to Bruce Jenner as a she or someone born with a vagina as a he. While you may have changed your body to fit your mind, the reality of who and what you are hasn't changed. If you've got a penis, youre a dude. That's just the way it is.

As to what bathroom a trans should use? Hell, I don't know. Its probably best to have them segregated according to sex, but go with a 'don't ask don't tell' type of policy. Waaaay too much is being made of this particular issue.

I agree the political solutions are a problem, on both sides.

How this, if you're transitioning, undercare from a qualified doctor and presenting as the gender you are transitioning to, you can use that bathroom. If you aren't stay out. If you are caught abusing this (pretending to be trans to sneak in for example) bad bad consequences for you. If you are still intact as Male you don't get naked in women's public locker rooms, (or FTM in mens). That's just all there is to it.

Well, sorry no these are quite real, no Silicone here. But that's aside the point, you still have offered no "cure" for the "mental illness". Come on now, there must be some path to curing people like me.

Some things can't be cured. Schizophrenia, for example. But the answer to that isn't an acceptance of the voices you 'hear' and a frontal lobotomy. I would imagine the first step in treatment is acceptance of what is, and what is not, real.

You don't get to ****ing decide who is and is not broken. In my book, anyone stupid enough to believe in god is mentally ill as is possible. That doesn't mean I get to decide for others, you don't get to do that either.

I don't have to decide who is and who is not broken. The world does that part for me. Reality does that part for me. It's not about deciding what is real or not...it's about ACCEPTING the truth.

reread the post title, you are off in the bushes.....focus.

The fact that the government is trying to normalize a mental illness through force (and what is law if not force?) is part and parcel of the top post. N'est pas?

The fact that the government is trying to normalize a mental illness through force (and what is law if not force?) is part and parcel of the top post. N'est pas?

your repression is a better way to do things?

your repression is a better way to do things?

What 'repression'? Application of the truth? Building a treatment around biological facts? There is no repression.

Some things can't be cured. Schizophrenia, for example. But the answer to that isn't an acceptance of the voices you 'hear' and a frontal lobotomy. I would imagine the first step in treatment is acceptance of what is, and what is not, real.

I have accepted. I am female mind and soul, male body. fix the body as best I can and I am good to go.

What 'repression'? Application of the truth? Building a treatment around biological facts? There is no repression.

nice little pretend world ya got going there.

nice little pretend world ya got going there.

No, his is a rejection of the fantasy world you want us all to participate in.

No, his is a rejection of the fantasy world you want us all to participate in.

why are you opposed to civility?

Bathrooms are just the beginning.

Once your rulers get you used to the concept that any man is allowed to go to any restroom, they will expand it to everywhere - including school showers, bathhouses, hospitals, prisons and Navy ships, while immunizing themselves legally from all consequences.

The argument that there were no attacks in restrooms so far is as lame as they come. One simple explanation: it's because a man entering the restroom for women is a supremely rare oddity. After the sick liberals win this one, a man entering the restroom for women will be routine, and no one will be alarmed by it. Or could even object.

Do you know of such a treatment that works?

why are you opposed to civility?

It's your inaccurate assumption that I am. When civility is legislated it quickly becomes repression.

Except the so-called fix doesn't fix what's truly broken. Just puts a new face on the broken. And now we're told they're not even "broken".
So I'm sure you have a better solution to "fix what's truly broken", right?

https://mic.com/articles/114066/sta...ple-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.LAY2cqd6A

I get the want to keep restrooms safe... so worry about the real threats please? MMkay? Not your politically driven nonsense.

Personal, I could care less what bathroom a transgender adult uses. I don’t often use public facilities but when I do, I’m there for #1 or # 2.

That said, the debate then moves to kids in schools, I don’t have the answer to how to handle this but I do know the now liberal tactic with all in is not the answer. In fact It’s just the latest issue that should not be an issue.

It's your inaccurate assumption that I am. When civility is legislated it quickly becomes repression.

when we talk about about getting all sideways about a non issue it is indeed repression.

Once your rulers get you used to the concept that any man is allowed to go to any restroom, they will expand it to everywhere - including school showers, bathhouses, hospitals, prisons and Navy ships, while immunizing themselves legally from all consequences.

The argument that there were no attacks in restrooms so far is as lame as they come. One simple explanation: it's because a man entering the restroom for women is a supremely rare oddity. After the sick liberals win this one, a man entering the restroom for women will be routine, and no one will be alarmed by it. Or could even object.

you are being hysterical

So, in your opinion, those little stick figure signs deter rapists?

Do "no guns allowed" signs deter bank robbers?

To the LGBT supporters, here, do you support qualifications to "opening up" the bathroom laws?

For instance, I have no trouble supporting a system where transgender men (women) have to carry ID stating there is a gender difference. This way, if a transgender male comes out of a woman's bathroom looking every bit of a man (laundry day or something) and a police officer sees this, the situation can be resolved simply by asking for identification.

Furthermore, because a predator would likely have no problem getting an "F" put on his license despite simply being a male pervert who installs cameras in toilets, in order for a biological male (female) to get a transgender ID, state DMVs would require a signature from a licensed psychiatrist.

So, in your opinion, those little stick figure signs deter rapists?

Gender-based bathrooms do not create opportunities for anything but SECRET sex crimes (installing cameras, for example). If a man wants to rape a woman in the women's bathroom, then this is going to happen even in the current bio-based system. He's not getting away quietly NO MATTER WHAT, so there is no deterrence, either way.

The main thing I got from this is wanting to know how these statistics people know how many times I, personally, have been attacked by anyone in a bathroom (pokes at the thread title with a stick). ;)
The bathroom business (pun intended) is ludicrous fro the get go and it gets tiresome retreading it honestly.
The simple solution for bathrooms is don't check out whose in the bathroom and just do what you are there to do.
Locker rooms can be more troublesome but curtains might be a solution tot hat as well.
Underaged individuals will have to deal with the way things are until they become of age. This may be unfair but I haven't seen any good suggestions to get around it in this case.

Do "no guns allowed" signs deter bank robbers?

Those signs encourage them because the robbers know that those signs deter the law-abiding, concealed carry gun owners.

The moronic liberals - if there any other kind - just didn't think things through to realize that by putting those moronic "no guns allowed" signs, they told all the bad guys where it is safe to go shooting people. Like at the libraries where there are no guards or metal detectors.

I spoke to four police chiefs in my area. When asked about those moronic stickers, they almost burst out laughing.

Those signs encourage them because the robbers know that those signs deter the law-abiding, concealed carry gun owners.

The moronic liberals - if there any other kind - just didn't think things through to realize that by putting those moronic "no guns allowed" signs, they told all the bad guys where it is safe to go shooting people. Like at the libraries where there are no guards or metal detectors.

I spoke to four police chiefs in my area. When asked about those moronic stickers, they almost burst out laughing.

So, the signs make things worse.

But bathroom signs saying "Women only" (via the little stick figure with a dress) are going to stop sexual predators, eh?

Back
Top Bottom