• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Statesmanship ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolardi

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In regards to last night's Fox 10pm est - Levin & Liberty - telecast
where the guest was Oscar winner Jon Voight.His - Midnight Cowboy - {1969}
role was one of the greatest caricatures in Film.As Joe Buck.
He ended up his hour long segment with conservative Talk Radio host Mark
Levin by issuing a warning and also the need to have Statesmans in Politics.
He was entirely correct.A point I have been making on message boards for
the last 15 years.Voight pleading his case that the Democrat Party Has no Statesman.
That those rising stars like Kamala Harris and Cory Booker are surely not statesmanlike.
He didn't mention them by name.exactly,just that the Democrats have none.
They used to.Like Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Bill Bradley and Sam Nunn.
But the final nail in the coffin for the Dems was when Newt Gingrich { a veritable
statesman whose written many books Historically pointing out things like Statesmanship }
was elected and broke the 40 year Democrat Party control in the House.Only a few short
years later these dems managed to file Ethics charges { over 80 } on the New Speaker
and one kinda stuck.Something about using an expense account while a Professor in college
and not reporting it on his Taxes.Gingrich felt it best { as most Republicans do } to step
down as speaker while this Ethics charge played out.That's a statesmanlike thing to do.Democrats
do not approach politics or their careers in such light.Well Sam Nunn did.He fled politics because
he saw the writing on the wall.
I used to think Mitch McConnell was a statesman.Because he used to be.But when Obama came
into power it was virtually Impossible.Look what Obama as titular head did to John Boehner.
They { The Dems } had him neuteured.House broke.Puppy trained.It worked.Boehner caved and
starting thinking the Good Life.Like what Motivates Obama and Pelosi.How government can
enrich them.
What say you. ?

Sup with paragraphs and space bar?

If Newt is his idea of a statesman then there is no reasoning with him or need to listen to his rantings any further. As for Boehner, he was part of the previous generation of conservatives which is why the Tea Party folks hated his guts. At least he has repented and now gets high every day. You see, some conservatives actually became human beings at one time in their lives. Today, they just become more and more cruel and desperate.

If Newt is his idea of a statesman then there is no reasoning with him or need to listen to his rantings any further. As for Boehner, he was part of the previous generation of conservatives which is why the Tea Party folks hated his guts. At least he has repented and now gets high every day. You see, some conservatives actually became human beings at one time in their lives. Today, they just become more and more cruel and desperate.

yeah I can tell where leading the new Republicans in '94 to breaking the Dem House
political grip of 40 wasted years in governance is a poor choice.I guess if one went to
the same pathetic public school as The youngest-ever female in the House { Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez }
that thinkin' coulda woulda shoulda pass muster.I think W.C.Fields would just as soon use
old fashion circus mustard on his frankfurter.
Plus Gingrich taught history and geography in college.Wrote numerous books on the Civil War,
War in the Pacific and Revolutionary War.

yeah I can tell where leading the new Republicans in '94 to breaking the Dem House
political grip of 40 wasted years in governance is a poor choice.I guess if one went to
the same pathetic public school as The youngest-ever female in the House { Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez }
that thinkin' coulda woulda shoulda pass muster.I think W.C.Fields would just as soon use
old fashion circus mustard on his frankfurter.
Plus Gingrich taught history and geography in college.Wrote numerous books on the Civil War,
War in the Pacific and Revolutionary War.

I suggest you take a remedial writing class, start with syntax.

I suggest you take a remedial writing class, start with syntax.

I get it.Yer typically adverse use of self-deprecating humor.Whereby consistency is truly the
hobgoblin of yer average leftist message board poster,regardless of being halloweenie er
udderwise.

I get it.Yer typically adverse use of self-deprecating humor.Whereby consistency is truly the
hobgoblin of yer average leftist message board poster,regardless of being halloweenie er
udderwise.

I think you are a person playing the part of a moron for laughs. I sure hope so.

In regards to last night's Fox 10pm est - Levin & Liberty - telecast
where the guest was Oscar winner Jon Voight.His - Midnight Cowboy - {1969}
role was one of the greatest caricatures in Film.As Joe Buck.
He ended up his hour long segment with conservative Talk Radio host Mark
Levin by issuing a warning and also the need to have Statesmans in Politics.
He was entirely correct.A point I have been making on message boards for
the last 15 years.Voight pleading his case that the Democrat Party Has no Statesman.
That those rising stars like Kamala Harris and Cory Booker are surely not statesmanlike.
He didn't mention them by name.exactly,just that the Democrats have none.
They used to.Like Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Bill Bradley and Sam Nunn.
But the final nail in the coffin for the Dems was when Newt Gingrich { a veritable
statesman whose written many books Historically pointing out things like Statesmanship }
was elected and broke the 40 year Democrat Party control in the House.Only a few short
years later these dems managed to file Ethics charges { over 80 } on the New Speaker
and one kinda stuck.Something about using an expense account while a Professor in college
and not reporting it on his Taxes.Gingrich felt it best { as most Republicans do } to step
down as speaker while this Ethics charge played out.That's a statesmanlike thing to do.Democrats
do not approach politics or their careers in such light.Well Sam Nunn did.He fled politics because
he saw the writing on the wall.
I used to think Mitch McConnell was a statesman.Because he used to be.But when Obama came
into power it was virtually Impossible.Look what Obama as titular head did to John Boehner.
They { The Dems } had him neuteured.House broke.Puppy trained.It worked.Boehner caved and
starting thinking the Good Life.Like what Motivates Obama and Pelosi.How government can
enrich them.
What say you. ?

What'stheDemocratPartyI'veneverheardofitbefore?

I think you are a person playing the part of a moron for laughs. I sure hope so.

Yer posting as if a moron and it appears quite amusing.Depending on ones use of
Proper amusement etiquette.Like proper syntax and paragraph spacing.
Maybe I need to attend this years Message Board Poster Convention and git the
latest scuttlebutt updates.Ya Tink ?

Moderator's Warning:
Closed for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom