• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

States Should Prepare for Possible Vaccine by Early November, C.D.C. Says

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Probably the most obvious October Surprise (or in this case, two days before the election) was the announcement of a vaccine. It's now been reported that the CDC is telling governors to prepare for a vaccination rollout on November first, in spite of the enormous cutting of corners in vaccine research.

Will enough of the American people be fooled to hand Trump the election?

The C.D.C. tells health officials to be ready to distribute a vaccine by November, raising concerns over politicized timing.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has notified public health officials in all 50 states and five large cities to prepare to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to health care workers and other high-risk groups as soon as late October or early November.

The new C.D.C. guidance is the latest sign of an accelerating race for a vaccine to greatly ease a pandemic that has killed more than 184,000 Americans. The documents were sent out last week, the same day that President Trump told the nation in his speech to the Republican convention that a vaccine may arrive before the end of the year.

Coronavirus News: Live Updates - The New York Times

Also...

It Has Come to This: Ignore the C.D.C.

"The agency’s new guidelines are wrong, so states have to step up on their own to suppress the coronavirus.

By Harold Varmus and Rajiv Shah

Harold Varmus is a former director of the National Institutes of Health. Rajiv Shah is the president of the Rockefeller Foundation.

We were startled and dismayed last week to learn that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a perplexing series of statements, had altered its testing guidelines to reduce the testing of asymptomatic people for the coronavirus.

These changes by the C.D.C. will undermine efforts to end the pandemic, slow the return to normal economic, educational and social activities, and increase the loss of lives.

Like other scientists and public health experts, we have argued that more asymptomatic people, not fewer, need to be tested to bring the pandemic under control. Now, in the face of a dysfunctional C.D.C., it’s up to states, other institutions and individuals to act.

Understanding what needs to be done requires understanding the different purposes of testing. Much of the current testing is diagnostic. People should get tested if they have symptoms — respiratory distress, loss of smell, fever. There is no argument about this testing, and the altered C.D.C. guidelines do not affect it.

But under its revised guidelines, the C.D.C. seeks to dissuade people who are asymptomatic from being tested. Yet this group poses both the greatest threat to pandemic control and the greatest opportunity to bring the pandemic to an end. It is with this group that our country has failed most miserably."

I'll believe it when I see it, until then...

Rumor mongering. Typical. Besides, states have always constitutionally maintained the ability to control such things within their borders.

You guys on the left are getting nervous. Maybe you should just focus on voter fraud.

I'll believe it when I see it, until then...

What is the "it" you'll believe, exactly?

The notion that the infrastructure for vaccination distribution, let alone a safe and working vaccine, will be ready by magic two days before the election is an assault on reason and credulity.

Will enough of the American people be fooled to hand Trump the election?

A sure sign of TDS.

Everything. EVERYTHING. Even the health of America.

Is turned into a political football.

sigh...

For the good of the country and the economy, I hope that this is true that we are that close to a safe and effective vaccine.

My instincts, however, lead me to believe that we should not count our chickens before they hatch

For the good of the country and the economy, I hope that this is true that we are that close to a safe and effective vaccine.

My instincts, however, lead me to believe that we should not count our chickens before they hatch

I think we would all do well to count to ten before enrolling in Trump U....again.

Praying for a vaccine so that Trump can win the election is a better ideological position than ignoring 190K people have died, while the administration ensured everyone this would go away "like a miracle".

I mean, the entire RNC did that for 4 days and thought people didn't notice. Maybe when a vaccine is invented, they can outright pretend 190K haven't died.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Praying for a vaccine so that Trump can win the election is a better ideological position than ignoring 190K people have died, while the administration ensured everyone this would go away "like a miracle".

I mean, the entire RNC did that for 4 days and thought people didn't notice. Maybe when a vaccine is invented, they can outright pretend 190K haven't died.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Nowhere near as stupid as blaming Trump for 190,000 kung flu deaths.

Nowhere near as stupid as blaming Trump for 190,000 kung flu deaths.

No apdst, presidents get blamed for mismanaging pandemics. Trump mishandled his, nobody thinks he went around injecting people with covid 19 himself.

Here are the results of that mismanagement: 190K died, 30 million are out of work and 40 million are facing eviction.

Do you disagree?

------------------------

No apdst, presidents get blamed for mismanaging pandemics. Trump mishandled his, nobody thinks he went around injecting people with covid 19 himself.

Here are the results of that mismanagement: 190K died, 30 million are out of work and 40 million are facing eviction.

Do you disagree?

------------------------

Like I said: that's stupid...lol

Like I said: that's stupid...lol
You think people are putting real vanilla extract in Sonics milkshakes. It doesnt matter what you think.

------------------------

You think people are putting real vanilla extract in Sonics milkshakes. It doesnt matter what you think.

------------------------

Is that all you got, Hatuey? :lamo

Is that all you got, Hatuey? :lamo
Apdst, your entire argument is that what I have to say is stupid. That is it.

Don't blame me for your lack of argumentative imagination. You can't help it, it isnt your fault.

------------------------

Apdst, your entire argument is that what I have to say is stupid. That is it.

Don't blame me for your lack of argumentative imagination. You can't help it, it isnt your fault.

------------------------

When you say something so stupid, that it leaves the forum members just a little dumber for having read your post, Hatuey. Then, there's nothing else that can be said. :lamo

Apdst thinking of his next amazing comeback after: "That is stupid".

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

------------------------

When you say something so stupid, that it leaves the forum members just a little dumber for having read your post, Hatuey. Then, there's nothing else that can be said. :lamo

My goodness, did you come up with that by yourself? I bet it was written very slowly, and trying to make sure you got all the punctuation right.

I mean it is slightly more elaborate than "that is stupid". However, it is not like you understand when you're not saying much, so who is counting?

------------------------

Last edited:
You just dumbed down the forum by blaming Trump for the kung flu deaths.

Find the post? Lmao, you can't.

-------------

LOL...No, :lamo

If there is an insult, report it. Here you are again, admitting you, a forum poster, were made "dumber" because of a forum post:

There are no insults here

When you say something so stupid, that it leaves the forum members just a little dumber for having read your post, Hatuey.

How much dumber did my post, make you?

Last edited:
My goodness, did you come up with that by yourself? I bet it was written very slowly, and trying to make sure you got all the punctuation right.

I mean it is slightly more elaborate than "that is stupid". However, it is not like you understand when you're not saying much, so who is counting?

------------------------

You just dumbed down the forum by blaming Trump for the kung flu deaths. I knew you would breat at something; now I know what it is. :lamo

Just so we are clear, youre admitting that you're dumber than you were before you read my post.

Intelligent people aren't made dumb by internet posts.

Lmao.

------------------------

LOL...No, no, even a direct insult isn't going to gloss over the stupidity of blaming Trump for the kung flu deaths, Hatuey! :lamo

LOL...no intelligent person believes what you posted.

Apdst thinking of his next amazing comeback after: "That is stupid".

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

------------------------

You don't even have the balls to quote me when you bait me...LMAO!!

Find the post? Lmao, you can't.

-------------

If there is an insult, report it. Here you are again, admitting you, a forum poster, were made "dumber" because of a forum post:

There are no insults here

How much dumber did my post, make you?

Is there something in the water in your trailer park?...LMAO!

You don't even have the balls to quote me when you bait me...LMAO!!
Apdst, if there is baiting, report it, maybe?

------------------------

Is there something in the water in your trailer park?...LMAO!
Apdst, I wasn't sure trailer parks had water. Thank you for confirming they do.

That'll be useful knowledge someday.

I'm sure.

------------------------

Back
Top Bottom