• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

States Should Prepare for Possible Vaccine by Early November, C.D.C. Says

And that's a totally fine conclusion to arrive at if you ignore that 95% of the rest of the planet has gotten their pandemic situation under control.

Uh, they haven't. South Korea - the once poster child for "under control" has had an uptick. So has Spain, Germany, even China, although China stamped it out pretty quickly. You can imagine why. You wanna live in China?? As soon as economies started reopening, there was an uptick in cases. It was inevitable. But even early on, a lot of the nations that you think exemplary are nations working with a different dynamic. The populations are mostly smaller - a big factor - and have a more genetically and culturally tied population, which gives the people more sense of nationalism and unity which equates to cooperation. The United States is a big nation full of culturally diverse individuals that fiercely defend their individualism and their freedom. Even if Trump had declared martial law - not that could but if he did hypothetically - and demanded that everybody wear a mask and stay home or face arrest, it wasn't gonna happen. Look at all the protesters. You gonna tell them they can't protest, that they have to stay in their houses or else?? I think you have unrealistic expectations of this country. We are so ethnically, culturally and philosophically diverse, that "unity" even during a pandemic - even during a war - is all but impossible to achieve. Especially now. Thanks!!

Uh, they haven't. South Korea - the once poster child for "under control" has had an uptick. So has Spain, Germany, even China, although China stamped it out pretty quickly. You can imagine why. You wanna live in China?? As soon as economies started reopening, there was an uptick in cases. It was inevitable. But even early on, a lot of the nations that you think exemplary are nations working with a different dynamic. The populations are mostly smaller - a big factor - and have a more genetically and culturally tied population, which gives the people more sense of nationalism and unity which equates to cooperation. The United States is a big nation full of culturally diverse individuals that fiercely defend their individualism and their freedom. Even if Trump had declared martial law - not that could but if he did hypothetically - and demanded that everybody wear a mask and stay home or face arrest, it wasn't gonna happen. Look at all the protesters. You gonna tell them they can't protest, that they have to stay in their houses or else?? I think you have unrealistic expectations of this country. We are so ethnically, culturally and philosophically diverse, that "unity" even during a pandemic - even during a war - is all but impossible to achieve. Especially now. Thanks!!

If we had the uptick that we see in South Korea or Germany, there'd be fireworks over the cities of every city in America.

You're engaging in mental acrobatics to arrive at the conclusion that Trump's leadership during the pandemic has been normal. No other country on earth decided to ignore the pandemic because they believed it would only affect their political opponents.

If we had the uptick that we see in South Korea or Germany, there'd be fireworks over the cities of every city in America.

You're engaging in mental acrobatics to arrive at the conclusion that Trump's leadership during the pandemic has been normal. No other country on earth decided to ignore the pandemic because they believed it would only affect their political opponents.

Nobody said Trump's leadership was "normal." I'm not sure why you came up with that term and relegated it to me, but please don't do that. And you have completely ignored the fundamental reasons I laid out as to why the United States was going to be a very difficult nation to manage on a federal level during a pandemic. Could Trump have done better?? Sure. Absolutely. But I'm not sure he's as "powerful" in the minds of Americans as you think, so I seriously doubt that the net result would have been much better had the federal government cracked down - or even tried - on Americans. It was more practical left to state governments to influence the outcome, and those that got it right, got it right. Those that didn't, didn't. But it's all water over the dam if a vaccine is on its way, which is where we started, right?? So instead of castigating TRUMP for the distribution of a vaccine, how bout just being glad that it's on its way. After all, You could be just as guilty as you claim he is if you yourself want to use the vaccine's distribution as a political football. Thanks!!

^ there you go. now there are no protesters. just thugs/criminals (did you guys notice how he changed the subject just enough). it's so subtle that it's genius.

it's such an effective tactic that works on so many dummies.

That is where you are wrong as usual. Only dummies cannot see the difference between peaceful protesters and thugs/criminals.

Nobody said Trump's leadership was "normal." I'm not sure why you came up with that term and relegated it to me, but please don't do that. And you have completely ignored the fundamental reasons I laid out as to why the United States was going to be a very difficult nation to manage on a federal level during a pandemic. Could Trump have done better?? Sure. Absolutely. But I'm not sure he's as "powerful" in the minds of Americans as you think, so I seriously doubt that the net result would have been much better had the federal government cracked down - or even tried - on Americans. It was more practical left to state governments to influence the outcome, and those that got it right, got it right. Those that didn't, didn't. But it's all water over the dam if a vaccine is on its way, which is where we started, right?? So instead of castigating TRUMP for the distribution of a vaccine, how bout just being glad that it's on its way. After all, You could be just as guilty as you claim he is if you yourself want to use the vaccine's distribution as a political football. Thanks!!

There isn't a miracle vaccine on the way, certainly not if it's announced by the Trump Administration.

A real vaccine isn't going to be finished until the very end of the year at the soonest, and won't be ready for distribution til the beginning of next year at the soonest. If you're lucky you'll be vaccinated around summer of next year.

There isn't a miracle vaccine on the way, certainly not if it's announced by the Trump Administration.

A real vaccine isn't going to be finished until the very end of the year at the soonest, and won't be ready for distribution til the beginning of next year at the soonest. If you're lucky you'll be vaccinated around summer of next year.

Which vaccine do you think will be ready at the end of this year and how is it different than the one the CDC said to expect this fall?

Which vaccine do you think will be ready at the end of this year and how is it different than the one the CDC said to expect this fall?

You already know the answer to that.

You already know the answer to that.

I don't! There are several vaccine candidates and I have not kept up with all of them. You seem much more knowledgeable, so I asked you to explain.

Are you able to do that?

The CDC announced it. Fauci said an October vaccine was "conceivable," but end of the year more likely. We'll see. If it rolls by year's end, that's still quite an achievement. Hats off to Pfizer.

Amid reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is telling some health officials around the country to be ready to start distributing a coronavirus vaccine by November, the chairman and CEO of Pfizer said Thursday that the company may have an effective vaccine by the end of October.

COVID-19 news: Pfizer vaccine; outbreaks at universities; Big Ten

Thanks!!

I don't! There are several vaccine candidates and I have not kept up with all of them. You seem much more knowledgeable, so I asked you to explain.

Are you able to do that?

Pfizer. Thanks!!

That is where you are wrong as usual. Only dummies cannot see the difference between peaceful protesters and thugs/criminals.

anyone with a brain can see the difference between peaceful protesters and rioters/criminals.

it's just genius that people like Rush/Sean/Trump/Trump supporters lump the peaceful protesters in with the rioters (to the point where they all become rioters to their audiences).

no integrity.

How can a vaccine be made if we don't even know if people can develop immunity even if they contract COVID? If we can't develop immunity naturally, we can't develop immunity from a vaccine.

No thanks, I'll keep my mask on.

How can a vaccine be made if we don't even know if people can develop immunity even if they contract COVID? If we can't develop immunity naturally, we can't develop immunity from a vaccine.

No thanks, I'll keep my mask on.

Those infected usually develop antibodies - specific antibodies - to fight off the virus. A vaccine is really nothing more than a way to goad out immune system into recognizing a threat and immediately countering it before it can do any damage. So the vaccine no doubt will be viable for an unspecified amount of time. Thanks!!

The CDC announced it. Fauci said an October vaccine was "conceivable," but end of the year more likely. We'll see. If it rolls by year's end, that's still quite an achievement. Hats off to Pfizer.

Amid reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is telling some health officials around the country to be ready to start distributing a coronavirus vaccine by November, the chairman and CEO of Pfizer said Thursday that the company may have an effective vaccine by the end of October.

COVID-19 news: Pfizer vaccine; outbreaks at universities; Big Ten

Thanks!!

The CDC is under the control of the Executive Branch.

The CDC is under the control of the Executive Branch.

The CDC is NOT the Trump Administration, which is what you implied. The military could be construed as under executive control but you wouldn't call the air force the Trump administration. Thanks!!

Last edited:
The CDC is NOT the Trump Administration, which is what you implied. The military could be construed as under executive control but you wouldn't call the air force the Trump administration. Thanks!!

That was in no way a refutation of my post.

That was in no way a refutation of my post.

Hmm, yes, my sentiments exactly on quite a number of your posts, but I soldier on regardless. Thanks!!

That depends on the exact circumstances of course, but in general, no I would not. Science would not support taking such a medication.

If the FDA declared it safe and effective, however, I would be more inclined to trust them than some antivaxxer on the internet screaming how vaccines are evil.

problem is I am not screaming that vaccines are evil. All of my kids got their vaccines...the only exception is my third child who is allergic to the flu vaccine...they still get yearly flu shots, except him..and they are grown...and I get my flu shot and a pnuemonia vax every five years...because I have a predisposition.

So, I hardly think they are evil...but I do not trust unproperly tested medications or experimental things...most trials go on for some time to determine efficacy, side effects, etc....because face it...even natural products can have side effects....I am allergic to dairy...very allergic..and my doctor prescribed me a medication that had a dairy coating (she didn't realize it at the time that the coating was made that way...) I had some pretty wild side effects and broke out in a rash all over that looked similar to measles...she saw me, knew it could not be measles, because I am immune from an infection as a chlid...and she said...oh, this is pretty bad hives...lets take a look at what changed...then she started looking up ingredients in the pill she prescribed me...the generic form has a protective coating made out of dairy...oh boy...so, I am stuck taking the name brand which doesn't have a dairy coating..

and no it isn't lactose...I am actually allergic to dairy. I have to use almond milk at starbucks, which sucks.

anyone with a brain can see the difference between peaceful protesters and rioters/criminals.

it's just genius that people like Rush/Sean/Trump/Trump supporters lump the peaceful protesters in with the rioters (to the point where they all become rioters to their audiences).

no integrity.

Not at all. Most of us older conservatives were protester. We advocated peace not bully style intimidation. We didn't burn and loot. Instead we built a great country. But now it is starting to look more like the Middle East or some third world **** hole.

^ supports Donald Trump.

We support peaceful protesting. But more important than any protesting is voting the failed leaders out of office. Trump is not the problem with our police across this nation. It is the Mayors and Governors who have failed to weed out the bad cops and put policies in place that should have stopped this problem 100 years ago.

This is an answer from someone with no solution to the problem.

it's what you're gonna get a lot as you flip flop or show massive hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom