• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

States Should Prepare for Possible Vaccine by Early November, C.D.C. Says

^ this is how Trump voters do it. instead of "rioters" they say "protesters". then "protesters" are now "terrorists".

it's very sneaky and it works on the dummies.

Only dummies think these thugs/criminals that are looting, rioting, burning, and terrorizing decent law abiding citizens are actually protesters.

A sure sign of TDS.

Everything. EVERYTHING. Even the health of America.

Is turned into a political football.

sigh...

Dont elect a sack of ****

Because trump is preying on that hope. That's the point. It's HCQ 2.0.

Or rather, Trump U 2.0.

Any effin politician is going to reap the benefit of good news. That's not predatory; Trump's not PREYING .He did everything he could within the confines of law and the FDA to fast track a vaccine and the CDC now is going to deliver.

Sure, you can hate him. But you are basing your post on the NYT nouveau brand of yellow journalism: speculative, slanted, snide and morose. And the NYT will continue its in incestuous, cut throat, clubby, dishonorable way until its credibility is totally ruined. I really feel for free-lance people trying to publish there with honest reporting in their feature articles. The editing must be a nightmare. Thanks!!

Only dummies think these thugs/criminals that are looting, rioting, burning, and terrorizing decent law abiding citizens are actually protesters.

^ there you go. now there are no protesters. just thugs/criminals (did you guys notice how he changed the subject just enough). it's so subtle that it's genius.

it's such an effective tactic that works on so many dummies.

Any effin politician is going to reap the benefit of good news. That's not predatory; Trump's not PREYING .He did everything he could within the confines of law and the FDA to fast track a vaccine and the CDC now is going to deliver.

What kind of human being would do a scam like Trump University?

Probably the most obvious October Surprise (or in this case, two days before the election) was the announcement of a vaccine. It's now been reported that the CDC is telling governors to prepare for a vaccination rollout on November first, in spite of the enormous cutting of corners in vaccine research.

Will enough of the American people be fooled to hand Trump the election?

Coronavirus News: Live Updates - The New York Times

Also...

It Has Come to This: Ignore the C.D.C.

"The agency’s new guidelines are wrong, so states have to step up on their own to suppress the coronavirus.

By Harold Varmus and Rajiv Shah

Harold Varmus is a former director of the National Institutes of Health. Rajiv Shah is the president of the Rockefeller Foundation.

We were startled and dismayed last week to learn that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a perplexing series of statements, had altered its testing guidelines to reduce the testing of asymptomatic people for the coronavirus.

These changes by the C.D.C. will undermine efforts to end the pandemic, slow the return to normal economic, educational and social activities, and increase the loss of lives.

Like other scientists and public health experts, we have argued that more asymptomatic people, not fewer, need to be tested to bring the pandemic under control. Now, in the face of a dysfunctional C.D.C., it’s up to states, other institutions and individuals to act.

Understanding what needs to be done requires understanding the different purposes of testing. Much of the current testing is diagnostic. People should get tested if they have symptoms — respiratory distress, loss of smell, fever. There is no argument about this testing, and the altered C.D.C. guidelines do not affect it.

But under its revised guidelines, the C.D.C. seeks to dissuade people who are asymptomatic from being tested. Yet this group poses both the greatest threat to pandemic control and the greatest opportunity to bring the pandemic to an end. It is with this group that our country has failed most miserably."
You guys on the left have been trying for four years to hit Trump with a humongous "gotcha" and been failing miserably - it would be deliciously ironic if he finally slam dunks on you two days before the election.

Darn. I had hoped that a vaccine would be good news. Turns out 40% of the country won't even take a vaccine. Probably be less by the time it is released, if ever.

Darn. I had hoped that a vaccine would be good news. Turns out 40% of the country won't even take a vaccine. Probably be less by the time it is released, if ever.

Turns out the guy holding the syringe kind of matters.

Turns out the guy holding the syringe kind of matters.

Some people do ignore science and base their judgments off their level of attachment to a third party, despite that person's lack of knowledge on the subject at hand.

Some people do ignore science and base their judgments off their level of attachment to a third party, despite that person's lack of knowledge on the subject at hand.

Trump isn't "science." Pretty sure he exists in a universe that has nothing to do with science.

Trump isn't "science." Pretty sure he exists in a universe that has nothing to do with science.

Exactly. And some people will base a decision to get or not get a vaccine based on his words. Covidiots.

What kind of human being would do a scam like Trump University?

Your average ruthless, filthy rich capitalist. Do you really think people who accumulate vast sums of money - I mean any of them - let's say in the last five decades - are all about ethical boundaries?? When you take a serious look at Zuckerberg or Bezos or even Gates, do you still believe they were incapable of screwing - I hope that word's allowed - over their nearest and dearest, never mind their employees, their partners, the public?? I use the past tense because people do grow, and they evolve, and they more often than not shed some of their baser behaviors because of age, wealth accumulation and the allure of more altruistic challenges. But as people get older they also carry with them a past that is full of errors in judgment, their fitting into times and biases that are now grossly outdated, behaviors that were acceptable mores of the time that are now perceived as disgusting. What I think you are missing is our life expectancy. We live now long enough to see our own lives as an historic lesson, and to live with the regrets.

I will not and have not castigated Biden over any of his past decisions because I realize how we evolve, and I think he's fundamentally a good guy. Likewise, I think Trump is trying hard to step up to the plate and become more of a statesman. He doesn't have oratory skills but he does have some long overdue vision of where American should be in terms of self-reliance. Frankly, I think either of them deserves latitude or at the very least, accolades where due and forgiveness where due. Neither of these men is young. And it's very easy to point at past transgressions and mistakes in any life long lesson. My belief is that we stick to policies and what's in our hearts when voting, and as you may or may not know, I prefer a third party. But I have no animosity toward any man or woman trying at least, to transcend his or her own failings and become a better person. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Your average ruthless, filthy rich capitalist. Do you really think people who accumulate vast sums of money - I mean any of them - let's say in the last five decades - are all about ethical boundaries?? When you take a serious look at Zuckerberg or Bezos or even Gates, do you still believe they were incapable of screwing - I hope that word's allowed - over their nearest and dearest, never mind their employees, their partners, the public?? I use the past tense because people do grow, and they evolve, and they more often than not shed some of their baser behaviors because of age, wealth accumulation and the allure of more altruistic challenges. But as people get older they also carry with them a past that is full of errors in judgment, their fitting into times and biases that are now grossly outdated, behaviors that were acceptable mores of the time that are now perceived as disgusting. What I think you are missing is our life expectancy. We live now long enough now to see our own lives as an historic lesson, and to live with the regrets.

The youth that Trump did the University scam was for five years between 2005 and 20015. He was 59-69 years old for the entire time that he bilked regular Americans out of just shy of a quarter billion dollars -- he was just a spring chicken! I'll bet he was still carded every time he ordered a beer . So did he stop because he realized the error of his ways? Nope. He stopped because a class actions lawsuit was finally brought against him in 2010.

Is that the kind of person who would announce a fake vaccine just two days before the election in order to stay in power?

The youth that Trump did the University scam was for five years between 2005 and 20015. He was 59-69 years old for the entire time that he bilked regular Americans out of just shy of a quarter billion dollars -- he was just a spring chicken! I'll bet he was still carded every time he ordered a beer . So did he stop because he realized the error of his ways? Nope. He stopped because a class actions lawsuit was finally brought against him in 2010.

Is that the kind of person who would announce a fake vaccine just two days before the election in order to stay in power?

No. It's the kind of person who has found himself in a vastly new role and was unaccustomed to thinking more broadly and ethically but methinks he's trying. To address Covid, he's not responsible for every last nuance in our very complicated regulated system. But I think he's taken all the measures he could to fast track an end to suffering. But more to the point, if I could leave you with any question tonight, I would ask you to consider whether or not a person's devils are also their angels?? Are yours?? Because in my view, any talent or acumen or effort is born with two sides, including yours. It's just a question of how we choose to manifest it. And I think we make those choices every day, and even surprise ourselves. Even a president or a candidate. Thanks!!

No. It's the kind of person who has found himself in a vastly new role and was unaccustomed to thinking more broadly and ethically but methinks he's trying. To address Covid, he's not responsible for every last nuance in our very complicated regulated system. But I think he's taken all the measures he could to fast track an end to suffering. But more to the point, if I could leave you with any question tonight, I would ask you to consider whether or not a person's devils are also their angels?? Are yours?? Because in my view, any talent or acumen or effort is born with two sides, including yours. It's just a question of how we choose to manifest it. And I think we make those choices every day, and even surprise ourselves. Even a president or a candidate. Thanks!!

And Trump supporters saw those qualities and said, "Let make that guy President!"

And the result is that we're up to 191,000 deaths and counting.

Character, as it turns out, is destiny.

And Trump supporters saw those qualities and said, "Let make that guy President!"

And the result is that we're up to 191,000 deaths and counting.

Character, as it turns out, is destiny.

You're blaming him for things that no human being in this country could have mitigated. I wish he could have or I could have or some brilliant researcher could have fixed it, but all we had were our baffled selves. Even the Chinese couldn't contain it, despite delivering their utmost in brutal methodology. Look, you may hate Trump, and I accept that, but if you can keep it from completely coloring your view, take a hard look at other politicians in general, and maybe upon examination, a few of your favorites will rise and fall and rise again in your minds eye for no other reason than you're willing to give em a break. I'm at the bottom of my pint, ol chap. See you tomorrow if you so choose. Thanks!!

You're blaming him for things that no human being in this country could have mitigated.

And that's a totally fine conclusion to arrive at if you ignore that 95% of the rest of the planet has gotten their pandemic situation under control.

Probably the most obvious October Surprise (or in this case, two days before the election) was the announcement of a vaccine. It's now been reported that the CDC is telling governors to prepare for a vaccination rollout on November first, in spite of the enormous cutting of corners in vaccine research.

Will enough of the American people be fooled to hand Trump the election?

Coronavirus News: Live Updates - The New York Times

Also...

It Has Come to This: Ignore the C.D.C.

"The agency’s new guidelines are wrong, so states have to step up on their own to suppress the coronavirus.

By Harold Varmus and Rajiv Shah

Harold Varmus is a former director of the National Institutes of Health. Rajiv Shah is the president of the Rockefeller Foundation.

We were startled and dismayed last week to learn that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a perplexing series of statements, had altered its testing guidelines to reduce the testing of asymptomatic people for the coronavirus.

These changes by the C.D.C. will undermine efforts to end the pandemic, slow the return to normal economic, educational and social activities, and increase the loss of lives.

Like other scientists and public health experts, we have argued that more asymptomatic people, not fewer, need to be tested to bring the pandemic under control. Now, in the face of a dysfunctional C.D.C., it’s up to states, other institutions and individuals to act.

Understanding what needs to be done requires understanding the different purposes of testing. Much of the current testing is diagnostic. People should get tested if they have symptoms — respiratory distress, loss of smell, fever. There is no argument about this testing, and the altered C.D.C. guidelines do not affect it.

But under its revised guidelines, the C.D.C. seeks to dissuade people who are asymptomatic from being tested. Yet this group poses both the greatest threat to pandemic control and the greatest opportunity to bring the pandemic to an end. It is with this group that our country has failed most miserably."

I am very pro vaccine...but at this moment I refuse to be a guinea pig and be injected with anything that has not been through sufficient trials.

Apdst, your entire argument is that what I have to say is stupid. That is it.

Don't blame me for your lack of argumentative imagination. You can't help it, it isnt your fault.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

believe me...if this were Obama...he would be screaming it is all his fault...but because it is his racist buddy Trump....

would you blindly take a medication or vaccine that has not been properly tested in clinical trials?

A sure sign of TDS.

Everything. EVERYTHING. Even the health of America.

Is turned into a political football.

sigh...

Yes. It is great and hopeful news, and it's hard to believe the CDC would play politics, making announcements to all 50 states. Good heavens, this has nothing to do with politics! It's far more important than that, and if they've got an effective vaccine by then, we should all be leaping for joy-- but why people would credit Trump with it, I don't know. That's a pretty big stretch.

would you blindly take a medication or vaccine that has not been properly tested in clinical trials?

That depends on the exact circumstances of course, but in general, no I would not. Science would not support taking such a medication.

If the FDA declared it safe and effective, however, I would be more inclined to trust them than some antivaxxer on the internet screaming how vaccines are evil.

Back
Top Bottom