• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State trooper who told off Washington Gov. Jay Inslee over vaccine mandate dies from COVID

This era is so hard on kids and loved ones...

From the fundraising page for former Washington State Trooper Robert LeMay.

Meh

Last edited:
A bunch of firefighters here are bitching about this now...they're getting fired (after months of warning) for not getting out of it for 'religious reasons.'

Every major religion's leaders have endorsed the vaccines...so they're full of shit.

And every one (ok, 99.9%) of them are lying about it...that's just how 'religious' they are. :rolleyes:
They can sell used cars for all I care.
While I think that vaccine mandates should be lifted for most people certain essential workers (healthcare workers, firefighters, police, armed forces etc) should still be required to get them because if enough of them get severely ill it puts the public at risk from their stupidity.

They can sell used cars for all I care.
While I think that vaccine mandates should be lifted for most people certain essential workers (healthcare workers, firefighters, police, armed forces etc) should still be required to get them because if enough of them get severely ill it puts the public at risk from their stupidity.

The vaccines reduce sickness and hospitalization rates. Across the board, proven.

We've all seen the devastation of the hospitals being unable to serve OTHER patients during this crisis.

But it's in every employer's interest to ensure that their workers are vaccinated to reduce sick time and absenteeism. So why shouldnt they do so in the interests of their businesses? As for state and county employers...they OWE it to the taxpayers to save on that potential missed time.

Also makes me nervous if I were to get pulled over BY law enforcement, which runs counter to my normal instincts.
If I have to be on edge when a cop sticks their face in my window, because they insist on their right to spew virus particles at me full strength
and at close range, it affects my ability to interact with them in a normal manner.

I have not BEEN pulled over since 2007, so I can't even guess what an unvaccinated cop's reaction would be if I put on a face mask as they approach.
Would they demand that I remove the mask? Probably so, which leaves me 100% unprotected.
Yes, I am fully vaccinated but they were ALREADY pulling this stunt a long time ago when FIRST RESPONDERS were originally SUPPOSED to get the vaccine before
everyone else.

Except these clowns did not, and would not.
If you are fully vaccinated and boosted you have little to fear from covid. Unless you fear getting a flu like illness. The vaccines also reduce the risk of long covid, and I believe that even after you are infected if you get vaccinated the risk is also reduced. I think I read a medical article to that effect…could be wrong.

The vaccines reduce sickness and hospitalization rates. Across the board, proven.

We've all seen the devastation of the hospitals being unable to serve OTHER patients during this crisis.

But it's in every employer's interest to ensure that their workers are vaccinated to reduce sick time and absenteeism. So why shouldnt they do so in the interests of their businesses? As for state and county employers...they OWE it to the taxpayers to save on that potential missed time.
I have no problem with businesses requiring vaccination. But if they don’t and people get sick and die from covid because they are a covidiot then I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.
Hospital census is not currently a problem anywhere as far as I know.

ONLY got those left behind.
:unsure:

I think i might not have been clear, I was saying prayers for him, even though he is gone, and for those left behind, if that makes any better sense of what I posted?

:unsure:

I think i might not have been clear, I was saying prayers for him, even though he is gone, and for those left behind, if that makes any better sense of what I posted?
I understand Lou. I just don’t really care about covidiots who pass away because they were too stupid to get vaccinated. Harsh, perhaps. But they made their beds.

I understand Lou. I just don’t really care about covidiots who pass away because they were too stupid to get vaccinated. Harsh, perhaps. But they made their beds.
Understood and appreciated.

I could almost feel that way especially with what happened with my late wife but I guess I will always be forgiving in death.

Understood and appreciated.

I could almost feel that way especially with what happened with my late wife but I guess I will always be forgiving in death.
You’re a better man than me!

A bunch of firefighters here are bitching about this now...they're getting fired (after months of warning) for not getting out of it for 'religious reasons.'

Every major religion's leaders have endorsed the vaccines...so they're full of shit.

And every one (ok, 99.9%) of them are lying about it...that's just how 'religious' they are. :rolleyes:

I hate that people are still doing this to their families/friends. Dumbest hill to die on. And maybe not just dumb, because they can kill others along the way.

Somehow I don't think that if there is a deity, that deity intended for its creation to be suicidal imbeciles in its name.

This era is so hard on kids and loved ones...

From the fundraising page for former Washington State Trooper Robert LeMay.

I thought this happened a few months ago, probably another antivaxxer fool.

But....its still relevant because these morons just keep displaying their idiocy...

This actually happened in late Janurary, despite the article just showing up on MSN now. It was noted by a number of sources the places that didn't bother to acknowledge his death were the places he did interviews with after he quit over the vaccine mandate for police officers. He was a useful pawn , but they didn't care about his passing.

Robert LaMay is but one of many in law enforcement who have lost their lives having resisted covid vaccines. In fact, more police officers have died as a result of covid than being shot since the pandemic began. As if this weren't ridiculously sad enough, there remains a boatload of other anti-vaxxers (veterans) who's disposition falls into the same category, even going so far as to place blame on healthcare workers who have worked endlessly to end this pandemic. Might I introduce you's to https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/pos...-iraq-war-veteran-anti-vaxxer-dead-from-covid. Brain dead ever since he got married. Go figure.

Inslee can make a bike rack out of his ass now.

He really showed them, didn't he? Owned the libruls and all that. Nobody is going to make me do nothing! My freedoms!

How very sad for his family.
Kind of sad so many of you want to politicize a mans death that didn't vaccinate for religious reasons. May he rest in peace.

"Last summer, LaMay had said he and his family did not "do" vaccines and he never received any as an adult. In August, on his Facebook account, he said vaccines go against his religious beliefs. His account is no longer visible. "

Kind of sad so many of you want to politicize a mans death that didn't vaccinate for religious reasons. May he rest in peace.

"Last summer, LaMay had said he and his family did not "do" vaccines and he never received any as an adult. In August, on his Facebook account, he said vaccines go against his religious beliefs. His account is no longer visible. "

He politicized his own death, but you already knew that.

The lack of decency is something. 'All of humanity' is to blame as much as any individual is to blame. Why? Because humanity could've prevented this pandemic.

The lack of decency is something. 'All of humanity' is to blame as much as any individual is to blame. Why? Because humanity could've prevented this pandemic.
Short of unleashing the Gazpacho and holding people like this trooper down to vaccinate him, what else could have been done?

This was a collective failure, of that there is no doubt. Politicization and misinformation surrounding the pandemic doomed our response to it. Trump and the media were especially culpable during the initial outbreak, and it set the tone for resistance and rancor among the citizenry.

Short of unleashing the Gazpacho and holding people like this trooper down to vaccinate him, what else could have been done?

This was a collective failure, of that there is no doubt. Politicization and misinformation surrounding the pandemic doomed our response to it. Trump and the media were especially culpable during the initial outbreak, and it set the tone for resistance and rancor among the citizenry.

1650553042574.png

"Big Pharma lost their interest in the virus - because it had disappeared from the face of the earth. There was no money to be made in SARS-CoV antivirals or vaccines, so none were made."

Which makes no small amount of sense in a capitalist driven industry - companies will not invest in developing a product if there is no demand for it, or (closer to the truth) there is no profit in it. By the time it was apparent there would be a profit in it, the pandemic had already begun.

Back
Top Bottom