• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State task force boosts reparations figure to $360K for each black Californian

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Pure woke madness. California used to be good but now, I dunno what it is. Thank goodness I left that state a long time ago.
Who would decide who is 'black' and who is 'white'? All Californians are of mixed ethnic origin just like every other member of our species. To subscribe to the long disproved theory that we are divided into 'races' is ignorance writ large.

Reactions: PoS
Sadly, reparations are a-coming in this nation.

After the likely election of a Democratic president and Congress in 2024, the checks will be put in the mail.

Of course, reparations will not change anything for the better one way or another.

After idiocracy what form of government is the next evolution?

Who would decide who is 'black' and who is 'white'?

A ‘special’ committee is likely to make that call.

The task force met Friday for the first session of its two-day deliberations over how much reparations each black citizen who descended from an enslaved ancestor in the US is entitled to and how those reparations will be distributed.

All Californians are of mixed ethnic origin just like every other member of our species. To subscribe to the long disproved theory that we are divided into 'races' is ignorance writ large.

Pure woke madness. California used to be good but now, I dunno what it is. Thank goodness I left that state a long time ago.
Looks to me like a scam that'll only benefit select liberals.

1. "The task force met Friday for the first session of its two-day deliberations over how much reparations each black citizen who descended from an enslaved ancestor in the US is entitled to..."

So...before any black people expect to receive any money, someone will first have to investigate their family trees to see if they are descended from a former slave. Black people who KNOW they are not shouldn't expect any cash.​
A task force will need to be created to do the investigations. That's where the college grads come in. After all, someone has to do the work.​

Of course, the people pushing for this aren't dumb. They know that, in spite of the dishonest headline..."for each black citizens"...they will only be able to give money to some black people and tell other black people to go take a hike because they don't have a slave ancestor.

That brings us to this...

2. The payments could be made directly to those qualified or in the form of investments in education, health care and homeownership for black communities.

Since they don't dare create divisions of haves and have nots in their own black communities, not to mention the likelihood that black people from all over the country who know they have slave ancestors will flock to the state, they'll have to spend the Billions on those "investments". That means most of the money will go to the organizations DECIDING on the investments. The black citizens in California might see a little bit of that money, but not much.​

A ‘special’ committee is likely to make that call.
Will half 'black' people like Mr Obama get only half as much money? And what about Meghan Markle who is, I understand, about a quarter 'black'? And Markle's children who are one eighth black?

Sadly, reparations are a-coming in this nation.

After the likely election of a Democratic president and Congress in 2024, the checks will be put in the mail.
And after that, many Democrats will find it hard to win future elections because people will be royally pissed.

I love how the right is getting all bent out of shape over reparations when…

Money is taken from MY labor and paycheck to back Social Security checks of those who vote for conservatives who want to minimize or get rid of Social Security when it comes time for my generation to collect.

Money is taken from MY labor and paycheck to pay for those righties in red states who use upmost of our tax dollars in welfare programs.

And they have a problem with reparations?

Fine. Give me my ****ing back you lack of red state takers!!

Fewer black people where you are now I take it?
Why dont you go ahead and send this committee a signed blank check since you love it so much?

This would cost the state about $800 billion, or the entire state budget for about 3 years.

Somehow I don't see this happening.

Back
Top Bottom