• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Sen. Tommy Norment, another Virginia politician, caught up in blackface scandal

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What exactly were they putting in the water in Virginia a couple of decades ago?

Easy, there. I have been in Virginia for the better part of five decades and never once had the urge to do black-face!

Easy, there. I have been in Virginia for the better part of five decades and never once had the urge to do black-face!

Now that is refreshing that at least one person in the great state of Virginia has not yielded to the temptation.

Virginia has never come to terms with its racist history. There are reasons it was the capital of the Confederacy.

All joking aside - and I was partially joking and I am glad Rexedgar responded to it - there seems to be something going on there that needs some cultural context.

Wow. He was calling on Northam to resign last Saturday. I guess he who smelt it also dealt it. LOL.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/07/state...inia-lawmaker-caught-up-in-blackface-scandal/

There are four types of people that can be elected to office:

1. "good" people who do the job that they are elected to do well;
  2. "bad" people who do the job that they are elected to do well;
  3. "good" people who do NOT do the job that they are elected to do well; and
  4. "bad" people who do NOT do the job that they are elected to do well.

As far as I am concerned the people in the first two categories are "better" than the people in the last two categories.

However the current American political milieu ranks them differently so that they are:

• "good" people who do the job that they are elected to do well;
  • "good" people who DO NOT do the job that they are elected to do well;
  • "bad" people who do the job that they are elected to do well; and
  • "bad" people who DO NOT do the job that they are elected to do well.

When you toss "I belong to 'Party A' NOT 'Party B' and that means that EVERYONE from 'Party A' is a 'good' person who does the job that they are elected to do well while EVERYONE from 'Party B' is a 'bad' person who DOES NOT do the job that they are elected to do well." into the mix, you might get some idea of why outsiders consider that the current American political milieu to be just barely short of a scene out of "'The Home' and those who live in it".

Back
Top Bottom