• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Republicans push new voting restrictions after Trump’s loss

Soon it will be a special ID when they find that they still lose with normal ID's. This is not about securing the vote and never has been.

Hmm... like a special CCW Permit, LTC, CHL or FOID?

I dont lie. Everything I said is factual.

Heres the thing...I can post as many of these as you want, but it wont make a difference to you. You are a committed partisan, so I know enough to not bother wasting my time with people like you. Throughout the entire election counts and recounts I didnt say a word...not because there arent legit questions, but because the claims made by trump and his team didnt pan out. While there are absolutely irregularities regarding the voting machines, they fell short in the areas of proof...and so...they failed...and the election results had to be certified.repulsive

That doesnt mean there arent thousands of sworn affidavits and instances of evidence showing fraud. My comments ay nothing about undoing results. My comments are strictly confined to ensuring the elections going forward are held with integrity.
I don't know about the other two links you posted, but Breithart is a neo nazi site that belongs on the dark webb. Just to post from that repulsive underground site is.... Their focus on white identity politics and white power is total and it has repeatedly shown evidence of anti-Semitism, anti-feminism, homophobia, racism and Islamophobia. Both external assessors and it's own leading figures describe the ideological behind the site as an extreme right ideology.

I don't know about the other two links you posted, but Breithart is a neo nazi site that belongs on the dark webb. Just to post from that repulsive underground site is.... Their focus on white identity politics and white power is total and it has repeatedly shown evidence of anti-Semitism, anti-feminism, homophobia, racism and Islamophobia. Both external assessors and it's own leading figures describe the ideological behind the site as an extreme right ideology.
1-Breitbart reports on ongoing incidents posting the individuals and their exact words. Its tragically comical every time someone like you makes the kind of comments you just made.
2-You sound like every other mindless committed leftist that shit themselves and shrieks NAZI!!!! if someone has a view that differs from you.
3-Brietbart was FOUNDED by two Jews, promotes Israel and Jewish causes, and has ALWAYS supported and promoted minority and women journalists and staffers.

It is however, an admission from the white wing that they can't win elections without erecting roadblocks for citizens to vote.

Hmm... how is the minority party able to pass these changes to election laws?

Well. I oppose democracy, too, so...

So, you oppose the public's right to have a say in its rulers and what laws and policies are imposed on them. Immoral. Tyrannical. I don't see much point talking to someone who lacks such basic values.

If one could use a passport and property tax or utility bill receipt to register to vote then what prevents them from registering to vote in multiple locations?

At one time I had four valid IDs (three of them with a photo): A passport (no address listed), drivers license from MD (my primary residence), a DoD work ID from DC (Washington Navy Yard) and an employee ID from corporate headquarters in VA. I also owned property in Texas at the time and held hunting, trapping and fishing leases (and licenses) in VA and MD. The more forms of presumed “valid” ID and implied (potential primary?) residences that one has (and may be able to use) then the more possibility which exists to register and remain registered to vote in multiple locations. Rest assured that nobody is cross referencing the registered voter lists in Bandera, TX with those in Front Royal, VA and/or Riverdale, MD.

The REAL ID Act was supposed to make it more difficult to maintain multiple ‘official’ addresses, but even that is not likely to prevent the possibility of maintaining multiple voter registrations.

Why is any of this important? Voter fraud just isn’t an issue. GOP screams about it because they tend to lose elections when turnout is high. Voter suppression is a much larger issue, and systemic in the sense that the GOP’s entire election strategy consists of always driving down rhe vote.

Voter fraud is just not a thing. Even a little.

Hmm... how is the minority party able to pass these changes to election laws?
By suppressing the minority vote in their states. Do you not know your own country's history of voter oppression or are you going to try to deny the fact that white wingers, especially in the conservative south, have retained power suppressing black votes? Please do so I can laugh in your face.

So, you oppose the public's right to have a say in its rulers and what laws and policies are imposed on them.
You're not even close. I support Republic, which is what America is. You do not have a right to vote for President, you never did, and we should stop holding fake public elections. The Electoral College votes for the President, not you.

You're not even close. I support Republic, which is what America is. You do not have a right to vote for President, you never did, and we should stop holding fake public elections. The Electoral College votes for the President, not you.

It’s very close since most states use the popular vote (for POTUS within their state) to assign 100% of their state’s EC votes to the (plurality) winner. Have you not noticed the MSM POTUS election coverage based on that voting?

Right. This is an abomination that needs to be fixed. It was a broken racist system previously, and it still is. It’s not even used for the purpose it was given, otherwise Ttump would have never gotten seated.

By suppressing the minority vote in their states. Do you not know your own country's history of voter oppression or are you going to try to deny the fact that white wingers, especially in the conservative south, have retained power suppressing black votes? Please do so I can laugh in your face.

Hmm... so voter suppression caused voter suppression.

Right. This is an abomination that needs to be fixed. It was a broken racist system previously, and it still is. It’s not even used for the purpose it was given, otherwise Ttump would have never gotten seated.

Hmm... what was “the purpose it was given”?

Hmm... so voter suppression caused voter suppression.
Jim Crow used violence and the law to keep blacks out of power in the south and then used voter suppression when violence and complete disenfranchisement were no longer options. I can never tell if white wingers are stupid or just really good at pretending to be.

Jim Crow used violence and the law to keep blacks out of power in the south and then used voter suppression when violence and complete disenfranchisement were no longer options. I can never tell if white wingers are stupid or just really good at pretending to be.

Yep, that explains strict voter ID laws in Indiana. ;)

It’s very close since most states use the popular vote (for POTUS within their state) to assign 100% of their state’s EC vote....
Right. That's exactly the thing I'm saying needs to stop.

Right. That's exactly the thing I'm saying needs to stop.

That could (and should?) be stopped on a state by state basis. Two states currently have the potential to split their state’s EC votes. The problem is that red/blue state legislatures seem to want their EC votes to stay (100%) that way.

The party of voter suppression is working on making voting even more difficult. This is something that pisses me off to my core.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why some people are against voter integrity, having to show and id to vote, and hoping to actually get people out to vote, instead of blanket use of mail in ballots. We have to show out ID here in Ky to vote, what is so hard about that? Requesting an absentee ballot for a justifiable reason is not a problem, yet we have plenty of time to vote early or go vote in person on the day of election.....are these a problem for you?

For the life of me, I cannot understand why some people are against voter integrity, having to show and id to vote, and hoping to actually get people out to vote, instead of blanket use of mail in ballots. We have to show out ID here in Ky to vote, what is so hard about that? Requesting an absentee ballot for a justifiable reason is not a problem, yet we have plenty of time to vote early or go vote in person on the day of election.....are these a problem for you?

So you’re also for making sure all citizens have access to acquiring voter ID, correct? All communities serviced in the same manner?

So you’re also for making sure all citizens have access to acquiring voter ID, correct? All communities serviced in the same manner?

There is plenty of time for people who do not possess and id to go get one......if they cannot legally obtain an id, then they should not be able to vote, simple as that, huh? I desire only legal Americans, US citizens to be able to vote, no illegal aliens, no dead people, no cross state voting, etc......or do you disagree?

Back
Top Bottom