• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State of the Union

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is is bad form to have the State of the Union speech while the Federal Government is in shutdown?

Is there an historical precedent?

Is is bad form to have the State of the Union speech while the Federal Government is in shutdown?

Congress and the President get paid whether there is a shutdown or not. They have no excuse for not being there.

Congress and the President get paid whether there is a shutdown or not. They have no excuse for not being there.

You can't pull a fast one like that. Let's hear the excuses.

State of the Union

There's no way in hell I'm going to watch/listen to Trump deliver that speech. It's going to be nothing but one lie after another in rapid succession.

The difficulty comes in not having a State of the Union because of a partial shutdown, it would give off all the indications that matters are much worse than they are.

Now, watching it? I am assuming it will probably have lower viewership simply because of Trump being Trump (meaning less to do with the shutdown and more to do with how he has been acting as President.)

There's no way in hell I'm going to watch/listen to Trump deliver that speech. It's going to be nothing but one lie after another in rapid succession.

What lie is that?

I can't wait to watch it, knowing how pissed off Trump will be that it's Nancy Pelosi sitting over his left shoulder.

I can't wait to watch it, knowing how pissed off Trump will be that it's Nancy Pelosi sitting over his left shoulder.

I hope she can keep her she blinking under control. It has been a distraction in the past.

President Trump has been unique in many ways.

He refuses to bend over to satisfy his critics because he knows that there is nothing he can do to please them.

So it seems logical that he should declare that he will not give the State of the Union until after the shutdown problem is resolved.

Why would it be? The Union still exists, yes? So, then it has a state upon which the President is required to report to Congress. Of course, he COULD just tweet his report.

Because the BOOMING ECONOMY, RECORD LOW UNEMPPLOYMENT, ISIS CRUSHED, MANUFACTURING BOOM, AMERICANS HAVING MORE OF THEIR OWN MONEY, BIGGEST WAGE INCREASE IN OVER A DECADE, DIRECTLY CONFRONTING UNFAIR TRADE POLICIES NO PRIOR POTUS HAD THE BALLS TO, etc., etc. "don't count" ?

Der….

Because the BOOMING ECONOMY, RECORD LOW UNEMPPLOYMENT, ISIS CRUSHED, MANUFACTURING BOOM, AMERICANS HAVING MORE OF THEIR OWN MONEY, BIGGEST WAGE INCREASE IN OVER A DECADE, DIRECTLY CONFRONTING UNFAIR TRADE POLICIES NO PRIOR POTUS HAD THE BALLS TO, etc., etc. "don't count" ?

Der….

:stop:

Der….

You may of had a point but it was lost on the juvenile excessive use of CAPS.
Do you normally scream a lot in conversations? If not why do it online?

Der….

Ya here is a bop it toy go entertain yourself while adults have a conversation

Back
Top Bottom