• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State of the Union Address

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

For everyone who wants to watch it (and I hope all of you do), the speech we have been waiting for is less than one hour away on television, radio, and the Internet. Live updates are at the NPR link above.

Naturally, two of the topics tonight are President Biden's Supreme Court nomination and sanctions on Russia. I did not look up the full list, but those two were confirmed (as if they needed to be).

As usual, I will also watch the post-speech rebuttal Will you?

BTW this is President Biden's first SOTU address; a legal technicality prevented his speech last year from being called that.

Have fun everyone!

For everyone who wants to watch it (and I hope all of you do), the speech we have been waiting for is less than one hour away on television, radio, and the Internet. Live updates are at the NPR link above.

Naturally, two of the topics tonight are President Biden's Supreme Court nomination and sanctions on Russia. I did not look up the full list, but those two were confirmed (as if they needed to be).

BTW this is President Biden's first SOTU address; a legal technicality prevented his speech last year from being called that.

Have fun everyone!

So, is this the '[LIVE]' hangout? ;)

Have fun everyone!

Nets are playing so I will be occupied.

Let's hope Biden cuts off all US oil imports from Russia. No sense funding the new Stalin in his empire building.

Have fun everyone!
I might watch it later on the White House web site but I prefer to read speech transcripts before watching any video.

Not impressed, but every so often something is said that is not too bad.

"Buy American products, support American made..."
Remember, when Republicans used to say that?

100 Billion investment from Intel to bring fabs here. Woohoo.

I still can't get over how sharp Biden comes across relative to the parody FOX tried to make him out to be.

Speech of his career, and it is excellent to this point! Great speech! Great delivery!
He is doing what needs to be done tonight. He is not an Obama or Reagan when it comes to speeches. But i did not hire Biden to be another Churchill.

"Buy American products, support American made..."
Remember, when Republicans used to say that?

I still can't get over how sharp Biden comes across relative to the parody FOX tried to make him out to be.

Interesting enough, I must admit he sounds better when I'm listening, but not watching.

When multitasking and only listening, he sounds pretty sharp. But when I looked over, after maybe 15 minutes, I could then see his advanced age.

It was an interesting psychological effect!

Interesting enough, I must admit he sounds better when I'm listening, but not watching.

When multitasking and only listening, he sounds pretty sharp. But when I looked over, after maybe 15 minutes, I could then see his advanced age.

Are you aware he has a speech impediment?

I stopped watching the SOTU speech years ago for that reason I find I can listen better without the distractions TV offers

Back
Top Bottom